Galaxy S II Android Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hacre

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 29, 2010
Northwich
I think @Hacre, that the what the chap is saying is that you have a legion of pretend teenie fans who think your online persona is funny and or acceptable which, surprisingly (and thankfully) hasn't seen you banned, contrary to forum rules. There follows conjecture about why you haven't been banned.
Personally I would like to see a little more civility from you but I grok that this is a fun way for you to get your kicks.
Or, if you speak to me again in the way you did last time, you accept my invite (you see, everything has consequences).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Invite? 10char

Yes. Go back through your history. You see I couldn't decide whether to take your rhetoric personally or not. You see, if you were just being a jerk (likely) then I let it slide. Else I invited you to meet (intent: discuss, make peace, etc). You see, some folks feel it is ok to flame because everyone is physical removed from everyone else and thus it's ok to insult. A bit cowardly in my book. If it's personal though, then such physical distance isn't so relevant when establishing whether or not what is said should slide or be confronted (that does not mean a nose to nose, foreheads touching shouting match with friends standing by, in case you wonder if I am threatening).

Simple really. You are a good developer and may well be a decent chap in real life but you don't seem to understand that real life is always very close when you are vomiting excrement, and that's a pity because you do have things worth while listening to.

K?

Hacre

May 29, 2010
Northwich
Yes. Go back through your history. You see I couldn't decide whether to take your rhetoric personally or not. You see, if you were just being a jerk (likely) then I let it slide. Else I invited you to meet (intent: discuss, make peace, etc). You see, some folks feel it is ok to flame because everyone is physical removed from everyone else and thus it's ok to insult. A bit cowardly in my book. If it's personal though, then such physical distance isn't so relevant when establishing whether or not what is said should slide or be confronted (that does not mean a nose to nose, foreheads touching shouting match with friends standing by, in case you wonder if I am threatening).

Simple really. You are a good developer and may well be a decent chap in real life but you don't seem to understand that real life is always very close when you are vomiting excrement, and that's a pity because you do have things worth while listening to.

K?

Ohhh you mean the yet another whinefest thread about separating development and modification, that I was asked to respond to because the people complaining couldn't stop being self entitled idiots. The line "Your tone really belongs to a face to face conversation (I'm about 3 hours away if you really want to flame, but nowt good will come from it for either of us). It does not belong on a forum.".

Didn't remember you at all. Your comments in here and in that thread didn't come across as pointless "say that to my face" physically confrontational invitations at all. Because someone on the internet said something mean. No sir.

If you're curious though, I do tend to call people who are being idiots an idiot even in real life. It's called being honest. The opportunity doesn't present itself anywhere near as often though because I sensibly surround myself with people capable of intelligent conversion whose knuckles aren't calloused from dragging along the ground. You don't quite get the same luxury if you choose to hang out on XDA.

Last edited:

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009

K?

I believe threats of physical violence are not only against XDA rules but against the law in general, do you really think making threats like these are clever and smart? If so you must have barely evolved beyond the basic primate.

No. Not a threat. I said that clearly. I simply wish to see a level of decency and to see a reduction in the sheer nastiness that seems prevalent here. My point is that folks would not behave like this face to face and thus should not here.

mynameisjon

Feb 18, 2010
Singapore
The opportunity doesn't present itself anywhere near as often though because I sensibly surround myself with people capable of intelligent conversion whose knuckles aren't calloused from dragging along the ground.

lol... i cba to quote all the "intelligent" nuggets of wisdom.

Have it your way. What do I know, I'm a mere parasitic leech anyway.

Hacre

May 29, 2010
Northwich
No. Not a threat. I said that clearly. I simply wish to see a level of decency and to see a reduction in the sheer nastiness that seems prevalent here. My point is that folks would not behave like this face to face and thus should not here.

Yeah, "not a threat" isn't exactly the best get out statement if it's preceded by "come and say that to my face if ya think yer 'ard enough".

While it is known that I am strongly dedicated to the "anti-moron cause", that compulsion isn't so overwhelming that after escaping, travelling back into Berkshire for anything other than life or death situations just isn't going to happen. My location details are up to date though!

Last edited:
It's one thing not to suffer fools, it's another thing to speak in an extremely offensive manner.
My point was not to threaten, simply to type as if you were face to face. Mayve if we did meet we would get along, Hacre. But that's not something I relish, for you are already tainted by your words and outlook. However, if we did meet, i expect us to talk, not...
I doubt that others whom you've degraded would take that stance and if there was something akin to a warning, that is it.

UnRelevant

Sep 30, 2010
While it is known that I am strongly dedicated to the "anti-moron cause", that compulsion isn't so overwhelming that after escaping, travelling back into Berkshire for anything other than life or death situations just isn't going to happen. My location details are up to date though!
Oh so people are morons for not knowing something you do? Great. I guess you can explain to the thread in detail how to set the timing on a 1929 Model A Ford, giving a detailed account on why the timing is different under what circumstances? Or if that's too hard, perhaps you can give a detailed explanation of why 2+2=4 (hint: it involves both philosophy and physics)?

Can't answer either of those off the top of your head? Wow, what an utter moron you are for not knowing. We should all relieve you of your keys RIGHT NOW to prevent you from hurting someone else with a car you clearly know nothing about, and perhaps ban you from ever using a calculator again.

Last edited:

tjjensen23

Jul 17, 2010
Melbourne
Oh so people are morons for not knowing something you do? Great. I guess you can explain to the thread in detail how to set the timing on a 1929 Model A Ford, giving a detailed account on why the timing is different under what circumstances? Or if that's too hard, perhaps you can give a detailed explanation of why 2+2=4 (hint: it involves both philosophy and physics)?

Can't answer either of those off the top of your head? Wow, what an utter moron you are for not knowing. We should all relieve you of your keys RIGHT NOW to prevent you from hurting someone else with a car you clearly know nothing about, and perhaps ban you from ever using a calculator again.

In his defence we are on a phone forum. Specifically about development and not a car or maths forum.

also 2+2=4 cos my calculator says so ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: slm4slm

Hacre

May 29, 2010
Northwich

I'm loving watching the username/post combo irony almost literally bounce out of the screen.

To indulge your ad hominem, no, not knowing something I know does not make you a moron. Being a moron makes you a moron. Incapable of helping oneself, bereft of common sense, you know, the criteria that makes anyone a moron really.

Anyone that thinks being a moron means you just don't know something are, well, idiots.

UnRelevant

Sep 30, 2010
I'm loving watching the username/post combo irony almost literally bounce out of the screen.

To indulge your ad hominem, no, not knowing something I know does not make you a moron. Being a moron makes you a moron. Incapable of helping oneself, bereft of common sense, you know, the criteria that makes anyone a moron really.

Anyone that thinks being a moron means you just don't know something are, well, idiots.

Point I make is that you're happy to treat others as morons for not knowing something you do. Does this make you, to use your own words, an idiot?

Reactions: ichbinsauch

tbong777

You guys who are so upset by Hacore's "literature" are not seeing the obvious. Hacore is obviously a wordsmith. He is developer who is also an artist. His prose is as well thought out, preconceived and rehashed same as his work.

I am sure those who insist on meeting up "publicly" with him will unfortunately be disappointed not witnessing the instant spewing of his "questionable" wit as forthcoming as the written word.

Some of us can appreciate that and understand it for what it is. Just move on and pass on both his science and art lest ye bust a vessel.

Last edited:
Reactions: B3311

maw230

Jun 18, 2010
U.S. Versions

Well, they've been announced with Sprint's coming first on 10/16. Does anyone have an idea on how easy it will be to port existing ROMs for the international version over to the stupid U.S. only's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

We've made a small change to this forum by giving it a different name. This is now the *default* Android development forum for Galaxy S II. Any works that are completely original will be filed in the Original Android Development forum. Everything else will go here.

We have a more long-term solution to the ROM situation in the works. It'll be a database-driven ROM upload tool that will make it super easy for users to find and rate the ROMs that you upload. You'll be hearing more about this in the coming months.

For now, please continue to provide feedback. Thank you for your help in making XDA a more organized place.

Thanks! :cool:

P.S. If you think your ROM should be placed in the Original Android Development forum, send me a PM.

Edit from noppy22: this thread is no longer relevant so I unstuck it...
    tjjensen23 said:
    y da hell would you necro this thread for that?

Closed to prevent idiots necro'ing further, as this one seems fairly dead
    Ok I admit there are a lot of roms out there are stock with a few apps added/removed and a new skin, but, everyone starts somewhere, people like this
    this

A*% Hole

are what undermine new devs' and stop people from continuing/starting development I started some work on ubuntu, and had never worked with kernels before, always just software, so I asked for help compiling a Ninphetamine kernel with a couple of extra modules and got abuse of Hacre,

All I asked was what toolchain he was using,

However, there some helpful guys out there, I joined #project-voodoo IRC and had a char with supercurio and some others and got the kernel compiled in no time and have since had additional help and become much more familiar with kernels which led to me sucessfully adding USB Serial support to my ninph kernel and releasing this;

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1223128&page=4

Is this "Original" no is it hell, but did it run on the SGSII when I got it, no it didn't.

Subsequently Supercurio got $10 for his help and Hacre lost a user of his kernel since I compiled my own from source.

Oh no I lost a user of my kernel? Whatever shall I do? All that money I've lost from losing a customer! My reputation ruined! All that money per click on my download links! One less person using up bandwidth on a dedicated gigabit server I pay for, by myself, so that people who do use my kernel don't have to **** around with nag screen filled/wait to download multidownload sites?

Also since when does this:

Hacre said:
    Do I look like tech support for how to build stuff? Hint: I actually do not.

class as abuse? You consider that abuse? You must be one precious wee sheltered snowflake. I didn't even call you any names or bring your intellect into question or anything.

Congratulations on finding a developer willing to hold your hand. Hopefully you learned from the experience. I was kind of hoping you'd learn to help yourself, I was actually impressed when you got mad and figured out the error in the Makefile, unfortunately it seems supercurio found it, not you.

There's an old saying. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat forever. The guy that mentored me drummed into me early, before we had fancy things like Google, to search and try to figure problems out, not go running to the nearest techie and ask to be spoonfed. As a result I'm rather self sufficient in my learning and figuring things out and as a result I learn a lot more about the thing I'm researching. This is sound advice for any developer. While you lot feel I'm being an asshole by not spoonfeeding you the answer to every question when you're expressing a wish to learn to develop/compile kernels etc, you'd do well to realise that finding the answers yourself improves retention of knowledge and it also improves your research skills. Better research skills? Better developer! What are you going to do when the day comes (and it will) when no one around you knows the answer and you've been spoonfed up to that point? You're going to be stuck, bereft of any research skills. What happens if that occurs in a job or something you're actually making some money from? Not going to look so clever then are you?

Not only that, I'm not actually here to teach people the basics of compiling a kernel. There's a plethora of information on how to do that all over the internet already. I'm not all that big on reinventing wheels. To accuse me of being an asshole because I don't take time out of my day to hold some stranger's hand through a basic build process that's already documented everywhere after I've spent hours upon hours of my free time working on a project and giving it away for free is really ****ing ungrateful. Tossing your toys out of your pram and throwing a tantrum because someone said "no" to you for the first time in your life indicates to me that you've got some very important life lessons to learn sunshine and more pressing issues than trying to figure out how to compile a kernel for your phone.

We all know that the "developer" you mentioned is a tool. He can flame anyone he wants with no consequence. His kernel thread is full of ridiculously useless banter that has nothing to do with development AT ALL, yet no moderator bothers to clean it up. And when one actually tried to delete his flame-ridden good for nothing Post #5, all he had to do was get one of his other moderator buddies to un-delete it.

As for you, waahh. Ever considered why a lot of my **** slides? Maybe because there's a lot of truth in it and maybe because the admin staff want to turn around this failboat full of whiny over expectant idiots that make life really hard not only for developers, but for intelligent people coming here interested in getting into development and actually interested in learning and self teaching, or contributing to projects, rather than doing little other than looking for handouts. You know, what a DEVELOPER site is actually for.

If you don't like my posts, my threads or my work that's fine with me. Put me on ignore, avoid my threads, don't use my work, I honestly could not give a toss. I pride myself on the projects I produce and strive to make them as good as possible. Every single person that provides me useful non idiotic feedback is treated politely, actioned in the code if need be, or assistance given. You're moaning about post 5? Post 5 is a deterrent. There's what, 10 entrants there? Can you honestly tell me not one of the people I quoted in that thread weren't Given the number of downloads, replies, views and PMs of thanks I've had for that thread and for post 5 I'd say my averages look pretty good.

While we're at it, why are you both so butthurt about what a complete stranger on the internet said to you or anyone else, anyway?
    No one has ever said (at least no one important) that the mere fact that a rom is based on stock does not make it original.

Original roms are roms that offer something different from the others

Take VillainRom for example, was the first custom rom for the SGS2, the first deodexed rom... and it continues to offer something unique in VillainRom Tweaks, many of the tweaks which were made by users and team members of VillainRom (and has it's own kernel on the way thanks to Ninpo). This is why this is considered an original rom.

No rom in the other section has this, the way they have tried to look "original" is by adding a new theme...font...whatever in some cases it is just simply adding some apps you can download from the market for free anyway... these just clutter the real development work making real important threads harder to find (and lets face it the search feature on xda is largely useless).

Now I will leave you with this question.

If all you people complaining about the switch are correct, how come no "devs" in this "subsection" have complained ey? why is it just the users of these so called "lesser roms"?

Grow up

Man you come across as a serious ass. You need to check that condescending attitude at the door. Feel free to do that on your own site but here you're just 1 of 4 million members.

Humor me for a second with what the definition of an original Rom is. It's like asking whether Tony Blair was a good PM or not. Really comes down to who you ask. What makes VillainRom original? So you've taken Samsung's firmware deodexed it and optimized apk's. And at the time of this writing VillainRom doesn't even use it's own kernel (thanks Chainfire). Wow, how original. If you go through all the Rom's at XDA that have deodexed and optimized APK's that be about 99.9% of them. And there is nothing original about that since Jesusfreke showed the Android world how to do that years ago. So really the only thing unique about VillainRom are VRtweaks, and even most of those are someone else's work.

To put VillainRom in the same sentence with CM is making a mockery of Cyanogen. By the time CM7 is retired there will be over a thousand unique commits. And if LitePro was a moderator I'm sure VillainRom would be in the derivative Rom's and you'd be crying.
    No one has ever said (at least no one important) that the mere fact that a rom is based on stock does not make it original.

Original roms are roms that offer something different from the others

Take VillainRom for example, was the first custom rom for the SGS2, the first deodexed rom... and it continues to offer something unique in VillainRom Tweaks, many of the tweaks which were made by users and team members of VillainRom (and has it's own kernel on the way thanks to Ninpo). This is why this is considered an original rom.

No rom in the other section has this, the way they have tried to look "original" is by adding a new theme...font...whatever in some cases it is just simply adding some apps you can download from the market for free anyway... these just clutter the real development work making real important threads harder to find (and lets face it the search feature on xda is largely useless).

Now I will leave you with this question.

If all you people complaining about the switch are correct, how come no "devs" in this "subsection" have complained ey? why is it just the users of these so called "lesser roms"?

Grow up