[TUT]SPL Downgrade from 5.x - RSPL and HSPL - Flash Custom ROM - Trick Marketplce

Search This thread

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
INTRODUCTION

I bought my phone a month ago but I do not have any plans to do any flashing thing about it except from having a developer-unlock WP7.5 OS. Yes, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango installed in my newly bought HTC 7 Mozart. Unfortunately, I was 3 days late when CheveronWP7 closed. 4 days of frustration and researching ways to have a developer-unlock phone and I finally decided have my SPL downgraded to 1.x from having an SPL 5.11 so I could just have a developer-unlock OS.

Some video was a little bit shaky because I was currently in a vacation and I don't have all my stuff for making a nice video plus I was just squatting around so it's really shaky (sometimes). :D Sorry.

A LITTLE PREPARATION THOUGH
You need to know your device's region. I am 707 so what's yours?
Quoting this information from this thread will let you know
Firmware revision number: 2250.09.16101.707

Your phone ROM version will be: 1.61.707.01

The characteristic value (CV) is: 707

You Operator name and CID i.e.: hTC_Asia with CID HTC_044. HTC_622 can be found with this CV from following classification:

1. 707: hTC_Asia operator, with CIDs HTC__044, HTC_622, HTC__021, HTC__038

2. 728: hTC_Asia_SEA operator, with CID HTC__023

3. 401: HTC_Europe operator, with CIDs HTC__001, HTC__Y13, HTC__405, HTC__016, HTC__032

4. 206: O2_UK operator, with CID O2__001

5. 073: Orange_FR operator, with CID ORANG202

6. 061: Orange_UK operator, with CID ORANG001

7. 841: Telstra operator, with CID TELST001

8. 112: TMO_AT operator, with CID T-MOB102

9. 113: TMO_CZ operator, with CID T-MOB004

a. 111: TMO_DE operator, with CID T-MOB101
This is the very first important thing you need to know before you begin. Then get a copy of your ROM here in this thread

A VIDEO GUIDE FROM DOWNGRADING YOUR SPL TO 1.xx
My phone was originally SPL 5.11 so I downgraded it to SPL1.26. Want to flash your custom ROM now?? THEN DOWNGRADE!!! NO MORE WAITING FOR ME!

Y-CABLE
Making a Y-CABLE is easy as tying your shoes
attachment.php

USB Extension Cable (white) - Php70 (insulated) - $1.59 (USD)
MicroUSB Cable (black) - Php120 (not insulated. disappointed with it) - $2.72 (USD)
1GB MicroSD (CD-R King) - Php180 - $4(USD)
Card Reader (Multiple card port / CD-R King) - Php50 - $1.13 (USD)
Total: Php 420 - $9.5 (USD)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DFT RSPL-HSPL
And of course, you have to HSPL your device :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647 AS ALWAYS. I saw some guys asking if this is necessary .. well of course it is!

AND THE 28minutes 59seconds VIDEO
The number 28:59 means I done everything for less than 30minutes+ or so from downgrading my SPL to executing RSPL and HSPL.
You might hear some weird Beavis sound, sorry, that was me.. I'm just diverting because I was bit scared something bad might happen to my Mozart .. but it turns out that everything went well.

DOWNLOADS
GoldCardTool + goldcard.img

Attachments

• DSC06327.jpg
    DSC06327.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 26,685
  • DSC06334.JPG
    DSC06334.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 26,418
  • DSC06337.JPG
    DSC06337.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 35,974
  • y-cable.jpg
    y-cable.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 35,961
  • GoldCardTool_0.0.5.7z
    874.1 KB · Views: 4,993
Last edited:

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
SO TO SUMMARIZE EVERYTHING, HERE ARE THE STEPS TO UNLOCKING YOUR MOZART SO YOU CAN FLASH ANY CUSTOM ROM!

Step 1 - Know your region!
You can check check your region by going to:
Settings > about > click More Info button > Firmware revision number
e.g. Firmware revision number: 2250.09.16101.707
Your region is: 707
and your phone ROM version is: 1.61.707.01
So you belong in HTC_ASIA
refer here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915827

Step 2 - Download your official ROM
So after confirming you're that for example you have HTC_ASIA, you can download your ROM here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...401.03_Radio_5.51.09.06_22.30.50.09U_by_ansar
2.1 - Extract the compressed file
2.2 - Make a copy of RUU_Signed.nbh and rename it to MOZAIMG.nbh

Step 3 - Make your own Y-CABLE
It's extremely easy to make one. If you have already created or bought one then

Step 4 - Get a 1GB MicroSD Card
Guys, don't be hard headed, just get a 1GB MicroSD card if you want to have a flawless unlocking your phone.
4.1 - Reformat it with FAT32 File System and use "Default Allocation Table"
4.1 - Copy the MOZAIMG.nbh file to the root of your MicroSD Card.

Step 5 - Patch it with GoldCard tool
Make sure that you copied MOZAIMG.nbh
5.1 - Run GoldCardTool.exe
5.2 - Make sure the select HTC MMC is your newly reformatted MicroSD Card.
5.2 - Load GoldCard.img (the file is included in GoldCardTool_0.0.5.7z)
5.3 - If the patching was a success, then you're now safe for Step 6

Step 6 - Get everything setup and prepare your:
PC - Reboot! So to make sure everything is refreshed.
Phone - Take off the battery, put it back, turn in on while pressing VOL_DOWN_KEY + CAMERA_BUTTON until the screen said "USB HOST MODE"
Card Reader and MicroSD Card - Am pretty sure you know what to do
Y-CABLE - Connect your Phone and Card Reader and connect the male usb to one of the USB ports at the back of your PC (laptop? then just connect it)

Step 7 - Kiss your phone because the downgrading process will begin
Don't worry if after connecting, and still said "USB HOST MODE" because it will take about 3 - 5 minutes before the flashing begins. If it didn't start after like, give it a 7minutes grace period, then remove the Card Reader and put it back again. Still didn't work? Go get a new card reader ;)
The downgrading process will reboot your phone once after it said
RADIO: OK then after it reboots, it will go back to "USB HOST MODE" and will say "Loading ..." immediately, if you didn't saw that, remove the Card Reader and insert again .. but again, the flashing will restart so it will go back to flashing the Radio again.

If everything went well, and you saw the "SUCCESS" message, you can reboot your phone and go to bootloader to check the SPL version. If the SPL version was successfully downgraded to 1.## then it's you lucky day! You can now move on to Step 8

Step 8 - DFT's RSPL and HSPL
Download those and refer to their manual http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647 . If those didn't go well, then make sure you read everything it saids on their manual.

If that goes well, confirm it by rebooting and going to the bootloader, and you'll see the "HSPL" instead of "SPL" then the version.

If you saw the "HSPL" then you're safe to flashing your first
CUSTOM MOZART ROM!

If everything went well, you can have your Mozart unlocked with less than 30minutes

Disclaimer:
All of those steps were tested and proven. If something went wrong and your phone was bricked, then I don't take any responsibility of your actions. so make sure to read, read, read, and read!

Last edited:

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
TRICK MUSIC & VIDEO SO IT CAN DOWNLOAD ARTIST and ALBUM PICTURES, and ARTIST DETAILS.
If your country is not one of the list below:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.

Music and Podcasts will not be available in Windows Phone Marketplace app and due to that, if you try to sync some of your favorite Americano artists, then MUSIC+VIDEO app will not be able to download Artists Pictures and details. MUSIC+VIDEO tile will just show the Zune icon, no MUSIC+VIDEO app background, and no lockscreen artists wallpaper (if enabled).

To get this feature, you need to signup a hotmail or live account and the country must be one of the lists above.

-- update --
not "above"
use United States!

Last edited:

diamond_vdf

Oct 13, 2011
Hamburg
hey,

just one question.

does it have to be a micro sdcard reader ?

because when i'm trying it via usb stick, i become..

1. only "Enter USB Host Mode.."

2. when I try to stick it in it checks but then become it "Not Allow".

Is it because I use a usb stick instead of micro sdcard?

Regards,

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
hey,

just one question.

does it have to be a micro sdcard reader ?

because when i'm trying it via usb stick, i become..

1. only "Enter USB Host Mode.."

2. when I try to stick it in it checks but then become it "Not Allow".

Is it because I use a usb stick instead of micro sdcard?

Regards,

yeah probably.

Because it said "Not Allow" am not sure if that means if what you used was Not Allowed.. Most of the threads I checked before performing an SPL downgrade, was they're really specific to using "MicroSD" so I just followed it and use Micro SD instead of using 1 gb usb drive which I wanted to do the same before but I do not want to cause any problem with my Mozart .. so .. I used Micro SD. :)

diamond_vdf

Oct 13, 2011
Hamburg
okay, then I will try the microSD card today in the evening, just bought a logilink microSD usb reader.

maybe the reason why its not allowed is that a usb stick does need more usb power and the phone then didn't recognize the stick anymore? don't know..

i have tried the RUU_Mozart_HTC_Europe_1.30.401.01_5.54.09.21_22.33b.50_RELEASE.exe version to downgrade.. but i will try a version under the 1.30 also.

anyway, thank you for your tutorial! really helpful! :)

greetings

Reactions: Nullstring

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
okay, then I will try the microSD card today in the evening, just bought a logilink microSD usb reader.

maybe the reason why its not allowed is that a usb stick does need more usb power and the phone then didn't recognize the stick anymore? don't know..

i have tried the RUU_Mozart_HTC_Europe_1.30.401.01_5.54.09.21_22.33b.50_RELEASE.exe version to downgrade.. but i will try a version under the 1.30 also.

anyway, thank you for your tutorial! really helpful! :)

greetings

alright :) goodluck mate!

diamond_vdf

Oct 13, 2011
Hamburg
hell yeah, mate.. it worked for me as well!!!

have downgraded it to spl 1.28 :))) but i had to use the micro sd card and a tmobile DE (ger) rom..

thank you!!!

miljanmicic

Jan 24, 2012
hi,
one question.
I have a problem, I do every step you write above and when I start the phone I got

1. Enter USB Host Mode..
2. Then "Loading.."
3. And then my phone restarts over and over again

Have any idea where I made a mistake

My firmware revision number is 2250.21.51101.11
so my CV is 111.
I try all 3 roms

9.1 BR: RUU_Mozart_TMO_DE_1.20.111.03_Radio_5.50.09.18_22. 24.50.09U_by_ansar

9.2 BR: RUU_Mozart_TMO_DE_1.25.111.05_Radio_5.50.09.18_22. 24.50.09U_by_ansar

9.3 BR: RUU_Mozart_TMO_DE_1.28.111.03_Radio_5.52.09.16_22. 24.50.09U_by_ansar

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
hi,
one question.
I have a problem, I do every step you write above and when I start the phone I got

1. Enter USB Host Mode..
2. Then "Loading.."
3. And then my phone restarts over and over again

Have any idea where I made a mistake

My firmware revision number is 2250.21.51101.11
so my CV is 111.
I try all 3 roms

9.1 BR: RUU_Mozart_TMO_DE_1.20.111.03_Radio_5.50.09.18_22. 24.50.09U_by_ansar

9.2 BR: RUU_Mozart_TMO_DE_1.25.111.05_Radio_5.50.09.18_22. 24.50.09U_by_ansar

9.3 BR: RUU_Mozart_TMO_DE_1.28.111.03_Radio_5.52.09.16_22. 24.50.09U_by_ansar

Thanks in advance

Regards.

It just said "Loading..." ? Did you ever wait until it flashes th Radio?

Reactions: miljanmicic

miljanmicic

Jan 24, 2012
It never start to flash the Radio, it restart immediately after "Loading..", then again come
to "Loading.." and restarts. I wait about 10 restarts and still nothing happened, just restarting.

adli89

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks! This method really worked like a charm. I succeeded downgrading my HTC Mozart on my first try. Thanks a lot :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCTION

I bought my phone a month ago but I do not have any plans to do any flashing thing about it except from having a developer-unlock WP7.5 OS. Yes, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango installed in my newly bought HTC 7 Mozart. Unfortunately, I was 3 days late when CheveronWP7 closed. 4 days of frustration and researching ways to have a developer-unlock phone and I finally decided have my SPL downgraded to 1.x from having an SPL 5.11 so I could just have a developer-unlock OS.

Some video was a little bit shaky because I was currently in a vacation and I don't have all my stuff for making a nice video plus I was just squatting around so it's really shaky (sometimes). :D Sorry.

A LITTLE PREPARATION THOUGH
    You need to know your device's region. I am 707 so what's yours?
    Quoting this information from this thread will let you know
    Firmware revision number: 2250.09.16101.707

Your phone ROM version will be: 1.61.707.01

The characteristic value (CV) is: 707

You Operator name and CID i.e.: hTC_Asia with CID HTC_044. HTC_622 can be found with this CV from following classification:

1. 707: hTC_Asia operator, with CIDs HTC__044, HTC_622, HTC__021, HTC__038

2. 728: hTC_Asia_SEA operator, with CID HTC__023

3. 401: HTC_Europe operator, with CIDs HTC__001, HTC__Y13, HTC__405, HTC__016, HTC__032

4. 206: O2_UK operator, with CID O2__001

5. 073: Orange_FR operator, with CID ORANG202

6. 061: Orange_UK operator, with CID ORANG001

7. 841: Telstra operator, with CID TELST001

8. 112: TMO_AT operator, with CID T-MOB102

9. 113: TMO_CZ operator, with CID T-MOB004

a. 111: TMO_DE operator, with CID T-MOB101
    This is the very first important thing you need to know before you begin. Then get a copy of your ROM here in this thread

A VIDEO GUIDE FROM DOWNGRADING YOUR SPL TO 1.xx
    My phone was originally SPL 5.11 so I downgraded it to SPL1.26. Want to flash your custom ROM now?? THEN DOWNGRADE!!! NO MORE WAITING FOR ME!

Y-CABLE
    Making a Y-CABLE is easy as tying your shoes
    attachment.php

USB Extension Cable (white) - Php70 (insulated) - $1.59 (USD)
    MicroUSB Cable (black) - Php120 (not insulated. disappointed with it) - $2.72 (USD)
    1GB MicroSD (CD-R King) - Php180 - $4(USD)
    Card Reader (Multiple card port / CD-R King) - Php50 - $1.13 (USD)
    Total: Php 420 - $9.5 (USD)
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DFT RSPL-HSPL
    And of course, you have to HSPL your device :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647 AS ALWAYS. I saw some guys asking if this is necessary .. well of course it is!

AND THE 28minutes 59seconds VIDEO
    The number 28:59 means I done everything for less than 30minutes+ or so from downgrading my SPL to executing RSPL and HSPL.
    You might hear some weird Beavis sound, sorry, that was me.. I'm just diverting because I was bit scared something bad might happen to my Mozart .. but it turns out that everything went well.

DOWNLOADS
    GoldCardTool + goldcard.img
    SO TO SUMMARIZE EVERYTHING, HERE ARE THE STEPS TO UNLOCKING YOUR MOZART SO YOU CAN FLASH ANY CUSTOM ROM!

Step 1 - Know your region!
    You can check check your region by going to:
    Settings > about > click More Info button > Firmware revision number
    e.g. Firmware revision number: 2250.09.16101.707
    Your region is: 707
    and your phone ROM version is: 1.61.707.01
    So you belong in HTC_ASIA
    refer here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915827

Step 2 - Download your official ROM
    So after confirming you're that for example you have HTC_ASIA, you can download your ROM here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...401.03_Radio_5.51.09.06_22.30.50.09U_by_ansar
    2.1 - Extract the compressed file
    2.2 - Make a copy of RUU_Signed.nbh and rename it to MOZAIMG.nbh

Step 3 - Make your own Y-CABLE
    It's extremely easy to make one. If you have already created or bought one then

Step 4 - Get a 1GB MicroSD Card
    Guys, don't be hard headed, just get a 1GB MicroSD card if you want to have a flawless unlocking your phone.
    4.1 - Reformat it with FAT32 File System and use "Default Allocation Table"
    4.1 - Copy the MOZAIMG.nbh file to the root of your MicroSD Card.

Step 5 - Patch it with GoldCard tool
    Make sure that you copied MOZAIMG.nbh
    5.1 - Run GoldCardTool.exe
    5.2 - Make sure the select HTC MMC is your newly reformatted MicroSD Card.
    5.2 - Load GoldCard.img (the file is included in GoldCardTool_0.0.5.7z)
    5.3 - If the patching was a success, then you're now safe for Step 6

Step 6 - Get everything setup and prepare your:
    PC - Reboot! So to make sure everything is refreshed.
    Phone - Take off the battery, put it back, turn in on while pressing VOL_DOWN_KEY + CAMERA_BUTTON until the screen said "USB HOST MODE"
    Card Reader and MicroSD Card - Am pretty sure you know what to do
    Y-CABLE - Connect your Phone and Card Reader and connect the male usb to one of the USB ports at the back of your PC (laptop? then just connect it)

Step 7 - Kiss your phone because the downgrading process will begin
    Don't worry if after connecting, and still said "USB HOST MODE" because it will take about 3 - 5 minutes before the flashing begins. If it didn't start after like, give it a 7minutes grace period, then remove the Card Reader and put it back again. Still didn't work? Go get a new card reader ;)
    The downgrading process will reboot your phone once after it said
    RADIO: OK then after it reboots, it will go back to "USB HOST MODE" and will say "Loading ..." immediately, if you didn't saw that, remove the Card Reader and insert again .. but again, the flashing will restart so it will go back to flashing the Radio again.

If everything went well, and you saw the "SUCCESS" message, you can reboot your phone and go to bootloader to check the SPL version. If the SPL version was successfully downgraded to 1.## then it's you lucky day! You can now move on to Step 8

Step 8 - DFT's RSPL and HSPL
    Download those and refer to their manual http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647 . If those didn't go well, then make sure you read everything it saids on their manual.

If that goes well, confirm it by rebooting and going to the bootloader, and you'll see the "HSPL" instead of "SPL" then the version.

If you saw the "HSPL" then you're safe to flashing your first
    CUSTOM MOZART ROM!

If everything went well, you can have your Mozart unlocked with less than 30minutes

Disclaimer:
    All of those steps were tested and proven. If something went wrong and your phone was bricked, then I don't take any responsibility of your actions. so make sure to read, read, read, and read!
    FLASHING CUSTOM ROM ON MY MOZART
    TRICK MUSIC & VIDEO SO IT CAN DOWNLOAD ARTIST and ALBUM PICTURES, and ARTIST DETAILS.
    If your country is not one of the list below:
    Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.

Music and Podcasts will not be available in Windows Phone Marketplace app and due to that, if you try to sync some of your favorite Americano artists, then MUSIC+VIDEO app will not be able to download Artists Pictures and details. MUSIC+VIDEO tile will just show the Zune icon, no MUSIC+VIDEO app background, and no lockscreen artists wallpaper (if enabled).

To get this feature, you need to signup a hotmail or live account and the country must be one of the lists above.

-- update --
    not "above"
    use United States!
    I find a solution,
    it was my memory card. I try two 1gb cards and both do the same,
    then I try one from 2GB and it works.

Thanks for tutorial!!!