Official Samsung Desktop Dock Supports Verizon Model

Search This thread

push2flush

May 5, 2006
I ordered one yesterday and it will arrive on Monday, probably the most expensive accessory I ever bought. Coming from the Thunderbolt, whose official dock was 50+, it is a lot. However, the constant plugging and unplugging of the Micro USB cable takes a toll or your micro USB port.

I like to keep the phone in good condition, since I usually sale my phones after a year or so to trade up for something new, so I might be able to get $50 for it when I sell it. All in all I need a dock, and I'm tired of waiting for these other stores to start selling. I will probably have to stay off the Starbucks for a couple of weeks to recover that extra cost.
can you post a video and impressions when you get it, looks like its already on backorder again

alee

Jan 4, 2007
New York, NY
Dock is here.

Fits extended battery, no problem.

Does not seem to consistently go into Dock mode.

Does not come with any power adapters.

Comes in a ziplock bag.

Have not tried audio.

alee

Jan 4, 2007
New York, NY
Pics of the dock.

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 443
Reactions: arnmsctt

Accord281

Jul 21, 2010
Dock is here.

Comes in a ziplock bag.

Have not tried audio.

No power adapter? Cheap bastards. For $90 you would think it would. Audio cable too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

serpp

Sep 2, 2011
Dock is here.

Comes in a ziplock bag.

Have not tried audio.

Odd that no power cord came.
Straight from the samsung website.

Package Contents
Multimedia Desktop Dock, Micro USB A/C Power Supply

jlschweiger

Jan 21, 2012
Extended battery - Samsung rep statement

I'm interested in the dock but now you're saying no power adapted (website says opposite) and I just got off the phone with a Samsung service rep who says the dock only works with a standard battery & cover. This is a cluster...

EYEramid

Jun 17, 2010
I was watching soom reviews and they said that the external speakers turns off when in the dock
Can someone that has it test the alarm clock and here if it goes off
Thanks

Also does the phone ring if the speakers are off

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

HeCareth

Jul 11, 2011
Southern California
Dock First Impressions

Ok I just got home and did some quick test of the dock.

1. Build quality is great, it does not feel like a cheap dock, and for $90 I would expect at least that. No, it does not come with cables but I had already bought some OEM cables and adapters off eBay for like $5.00 so no issue. I am still using the standard battery, which I think gives me plenty of battery life and I use my phone skinless only with a pouch (SPG Crumena) so I cannot comment on the extended battery or skin fittings

2. The dock changes to clock mode when it goes into the dock regardless if it is in timeout mode or screen is on. I didn't find any issues with the phone not going into clock mode when inserted into the dock. If you have it enabled it plays a notification when the phone is docked and undocked.

3. The audio out works fine, I tested it with some head phones. The headphone jack on the phone is covered when dock so you actually have to use that port.

4. Yes, audio will play from the main speakers if nothing is connected to the audio out.

5. No issues with alarms when phone is docked.

6. The phone goes into a landscape mode when the phone is docked, looks kinda like the Tablet ICS, so you can operate your phone docked in landscape mode. This actually does not work when the phone is not docked. This is kinda cool, and it also lines up the icons correctly, something ADW Launcher did not do to well when operating the phone in landscape.

Other than that I'm out $90 but I think it does what I need it to do.

Edit: I am running AOKP 4.0.3 Build 26 Rooted, it seems there maybe some docking issues with the Stock 4.0.2 Build

Last edited:
Reactions: EYEramid

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
That's weird about it going into car mode instead of desk mode like the nexus one. I wonder if that was the software problem Samsung purportedly talked about. Hopefully it will be addressed in an update. I'm anxiously awaiting mine from expansys for my GSM version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

HeCareth

Jul 11, 2011
Southern California
That's weird about it going into car mode instead of desk mode like the nexus one. I wonder if that was the software problem Samsung purportedly talked about. Hopefully it will be addressed in an update. I'm anxiously awaiting mine from expansys for my GSM version.

The phone does not go into car mode when docked. It goes into desk mode, which basically just shows a clock, which can be dimmed by tapping on the screen.

alee

Jan 4, 2007
New York, NY
Interesting point, I am not stock. I'm running AOKP 4.03 Build 26, so that could make a difference. So maybe 4.03 fixed some docking issues in 4.0.2.
And now we know why there are still no pogo accessories from VZW. The accessories have been ready for a while... pogo pin compatibility didn't work until 4.0.3.

The fact that accessories are starting to show with pogo pins probably suggests 4.0.4 release is near.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well the HDMI dock on expansys went from shipping in 1 day to 4/10/12.

Will these delays ever end?!?

I ordered one the just the other day and it said April as well. But the next day I got an email saying my order shipped. Maybe it's just a typo...I will update this post when I receive it.

Also, I asked if I could get a tracking number and they said they don't provide tracking numbers for USPS orders.

UPDATE: I received the dock yesterday and it's awesome. Here are some pictures:

2012-03-24%2009.36.26.jpg

2012-03-24%2009.36.43.jpg

2012-03-24%2009.36.52.jpg

2012-03-24%2009.44.25.jpg

2012-03-24%2009.45.20.jpg

2012-03-24%2009.45.37.jpg

2012-03-24%2009.45.58.jpg
    I'm an accessory junkie, but that price is not even close! I don't need to use the 3pin connection that bad.. Damnn..

Those have been the rumored prices all along. You're paying for convenience.

I'll be buying both the desk dock and car dock thats for damn sure.
    This has got to be a joke - 90USD for a freaking charging dock? Anyone buying this is, with all due respect, a moron. Value your money people.
    *sigh* I miss the time when Google partnered with HTC, made the excellent Nexus One, and launched it along with a pogo-charging, bluetooth-media-connecting desktop dock, which cost $45.
    Pics of the dock.