Using an ipad power supply to charge the defy

Search This thread

Alessandro71

Aug 7, 2009
I've just bought an ipad.
I've tried the usb cable with that supply and the phone seems to be charging. Given that the ipad supply is 10w instead of the 5 of the defy, will it charge faster or will just burn it?

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

Alessandro71

Aug 7, 2009
As an answer to my own question, it's been a week since I'm regularly using the ipad charger with the defy. I haven't noticed any drawbacks. No overheating, no screen oversensitivity. It even seems to charge a little faster.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

stanwise

Feb 27, 2012
You can charge. It is the voltage that must match (and for USB it is standard and equal 5V) And the wattage of the supply(charger) should be greater or equal to the device's wattage.

Last edited:

iolinux333

Apr 15, 2008
You can charge. It is the voltage that must match (and for USB it is standard and equal 5V) And the wattage of the supply(charger) should be greater or equal to the device's wattage.

i don't know about that. i just plugged in a 22,000 watt 5V supply. the phone exploded, blew out two windows of my house and the battery is still lodged in my ass. do you think i need to go to the ER?

labsin

Apr 17, 2011
Antwerp
Redmi 9 Power
If I use the power supply from HTC the touchscreen's response is bad. Drawing gestures on my lock screen doesn't work good. But I'm using if for over a year now, and had no problems. Guess it could be worse for my battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can charge. there are more threads like this, use search!