Vivid screen protector

Search This thread

Vestitor

Jul 22, 2010
I am looking for a screen protector for my wife's Vivid. Normally I order from Phantomskinz, but they don't have one out for the Vivid yet. I have used Zagg before, but am not fond of the orange peel effect on it. Anybody have suggestions?

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
Search for 'Realook' on amazon. Using one right now n love it. It has an extremely good cut, doesn't bubble during application, and has the same finish as the screen. Can't even tell I have it on my phone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
I got a Moshi protector at the AT&T store. Easy to put on. Reduces finger smudges. It has a matte finish (no-glare) which some people don't like, but I like not having a lot of fingerprints on the phone.

flasozzi

Jan 19, 2012
I've seen people complaining a lot about Moshi. What is it about it that you like? Because when I saw pictures I really enjoyed the way it covers around the buttons, but somehow not everyone seem to like it very much

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
I've seen people complaining a lot about Moshi. What is it about it that you like? Because when I saw pictures I really enjoyed the way it covers around the buttons, but somehow not everyone seem to like it very much

The protector has an opaque section at the bottom with round openings for the home, menu and other software buttons. The black protector does not look good on white Vivids, but I believe there is a white Moshi protector.

I think the main objection, as I've said, is the matte finish. It reduces smudges and fingerprints significantly, in my opinion, and comparing it to the screen protector on my old HD2. Also, it does not reflect light nearly as much as some protectors, or the actual glass, would do. There is little glare. However, it may reduce the screen's light somewhat. But even with my screen brightness turned way down, I have no problem seeing what's on the screen.

Reactions: DownTheCross

mobb315

Mar 18, 2009
+1 on moshi. Anti bubble anti glare and they r washable and reusable. I've been using one since November and love it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

moe3754

Feb 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I used the Moshi on my Note and ordered one yesterday for my Vivid from AT&T and hope it gets here when my Vivid is delivered on Tuesday.The Moshi is the best one I have used yet,Zagg and Skinomi are way to hard to install and I cannot see paying Best Buy $25.00 to install it either!!

DownTheCross

Feb 23, 2010
+1 on the moshi!!
Gotta say I like the not so glossy feel to it.
REALLY like not having to wipe smudges and fingerprints off of my screen constantly...
Installation is a breeeeeze.

Devin.Morris.007

Dec 17, 2011
Earth
I used the Moshi on my Note and ordered one yesterday for my Vivid from AT&T and hope it gets here when my Vivid is delivered on Tuesday.The Moshi is the best one I have used yet,Zagg and Skinomi are way to hard to install and I cannot see paying Best Buy $25.00 to install it either!!

Yeah, best buy is a worst buy. Went in to get a simple slip on case and a screen protector to use on my days off. Just something not as bulky that I can slip in my pocket. Between the rubber sleeve and the screen protector it was gonna be almost as much as my otterbox defender.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

sgs2_1.6

Nov 24, 2011
Realook screen protector is the real deal. The best screen protector for the money. Crystal clear and feel like nothing on.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

A-to-the-J

Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
I'm using the Invisible Shield and I don't have any complaints. There isn't very much "orange peel" on it, it's clear and easy to put on. We sell out of them fairly fast at my store.

If you do get it, make sure you get the wet application one. It's SUPER easy. Screw the dry application Invisible Shields.

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, apparently Invisible Shields have improved a lot over the last couple of years. I've had a couple on some old MP3 players and they didn't look great, even with perfect installation.

I've always been really satisfied with Clarivue screen protectors, been using them for ages.

VinnyCh4se

Jan 5, 2011
Bellmore
My moshi screen protector kept moving around but stoped after a couple hours it made me furious but how is it reuseable?

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium

plaster

Nov 11, 2007
Houston
My moshi screen protector kept moving around but stoped after a couple hours it made me furious but how is it reuseable?

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium

I was able to wash it and reuse it. You just have to let it air dry completely. If you try using a cloth or paper towel you'll end up with lint in the glue. I did that the first time I cleaned it and it was sliding all over the place.

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
Realook screen protector is the real deal. The best screen protector for the money. Crystal clear and feel like nothing on.

+1
Can't tell its on the phone. Can't even see it on my phone. Hasn't scratched up yet either.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

shayla28

Mar 28, 2012
Sydney

That's the one that I'll be getting personally. I've just come to the Velocity (AUS) from a HTC HD2 and a Blackberry 9860; the HD2 had a matte skin on the screen and imho it killed the screen, the 9860 had a glossy-ish skin, it was beautiful!

I'll hit up eBay later on tonight!

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The protector has an opaque section at the bottom with round openings for the home, menu and other software buttons. The black protector does not look good on white Vivids, but I believe there is a white Moshi protector.

I think the main objection, as I've said, is the matte finish. It reduces smudges and fingerprints significantly, in my opinion, and comparing it to the screen protector on my old HD2. Also, it does not reflect light nearly as much as some protectors, or the actual glass, would do. There is little glare. However, it may reduce the screen's light somewhat. But even with my screen brightness turned way down, I have no problem seeing what's on the screen.
    +1 on moshi. Anti bubble anti glare and they r washable and reusable. I've been using one since November and love it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
    I reccommend the sedio ones. Come in a 2 pack, last about a year each

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2