This is how to make your phone ring for longer before voicemail

Search This thread

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
Im sure most of you seasoned veterans know this, but for anyone new who is suffering from Vodaphone's paltry 15 second window to answer your phone before voicemail kicks in, this might be useful.

Start -> settings -> tap on the phone button -> tap on the services tab at the bottom -> choose Call forwarding / Call divert (dependant on rom) ->Tap on the big grey "get settings" button -> wait for it to obtain your current settings from the network -> change the relevant option "forward after XX seconds"

AFAIK the max is 30 seconds, so there is no point having a ringtone that is longer than 30 secs,

Anyway I hope this helps.

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
Im sure most of you seasoned veterans know this, but for anyone new who is suffering from Vodaphone's paltry 15 second window to answer your phone before voicemail kicks in, this might be useful.

Start -> settings -> tap on the phone button -> tap on the services tab at the bottom -> choose Call forwarding / Call divert (dependant on rom) ->Tap on the big grey "get settings" button -> wait for it to obtain your current settings from the network -> change the relevant option "forward after XX seconds"

AFAIK the max is 30 seconds, so there is no point having a ringtone that is longer than 30 secs,

Anyway I hope this helps.

Just be aware that by doing this, you are overriding the network vodafone mail settings which automatically handles the call divert - not your phone. By making the changes described above, your phone will now divert the call and therefore you will be charged for the divert (minuites will be taken from your inclusive allowance if you have any.)

big3etr

Sep 6, 2007
I believe this small window can be attributed to the slot cycle index. That is the delay amount before the phone rings one caller has connected. you need the MSl to change it. It's under MODEM or CDMA settings under ##778#. This has been covered many times here and ppcgeeks...

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
Just be aware that by doing this, you are overriding the network vodafone mail settings which automatically handles the call divert - not your phone. By making the changes described above, your phone will now divert the call and therefore you will be charged for the divert (minutes will be taken from your inclusive allowance if you have any.)

Im not normally so direct in my statements, but im sorry you are talking complete and utter nonsense, the handset never handles call divert to voice mail, it is ALWAYS handled by the network, when you change it to 30 seconds you are signalling a change to the network, there is no additional cost incurred unless you live in one of those lame countries where telco's charge you for the time that your phone is ringing, in which case the person calling you will have a bigger bill.

anonimo

Nov 7, 2006
The Beautiful South
I believe this small window can be attributed to the slot cycle index. That is the delay amount before the phone rings one caller has connected. you need the MSl to change it. It's under MODEM or CDMA settings under ##778#. This has been covered many times here and ppcgeeks...

I suppose it's because I am from gsm-land and not cdma-land but I have no idea what you are talking about... besides the thread is about the time between the call being connected and its diversion to voicemail, not the time the phone needs to start ringing.

glericaer

Mar 13, 2009
effiog

This is awsome i did it on my fuze and it works perferct i wish it can rings longer but that's fine i think thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotdjdave

Oct 5, 2007
Necessary for Sprint Version?

-> choose Call forwarding / Call divert (dependant on rom)

This option is not available on the Sprint version. Maybe I don't need this adjustment. Not sure yet, just got the phone today.

wwwes

May 11, 2005
ice_coffee thanks for your contribution to this forum. I did not know about this and find it very useful.

DaveLinger

Mar 20, 2009
I saw this too, but it always times out when attempting to save the new settings to the network. On any ROM. AT&T Fuze.

euphoria47

Oct 8, 2008
Ottawa
Does not work with Rogers in Canada. Rogers network has a hard setting which cannot be changed for neither love nor money:(