[DER KERNEL] Trinity Four (4.2/4.3)

Search This thread

rascarlo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 31, 2010
The Land of the Lion of Judah
Re: [DER KERNEL] Trinity Four

$14.99 at costco.
i pretty much maintain my costco membership for this coffee and their photolab, my 16x20 prints from Paris came out great.
First time i printed something this large, and i am not regretting it.

You go Costco for their dollar huge hot dog and free refill soda

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays

Tegra 4:
4yzazeda.jpg

Sent from my Nexus4™

Reactions: jonup

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com

Tegra 4:
4yzazeda.jpg

Sent from my Nexus4™

Just link the whole article.
Now that's a nice chip.
Don't have to do anything and it's awesome.
Then about 5 seconds later my brain goes "you know it could go faster, wonder how much faster"

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thanks Simms, BTW, how is 107 acting so far?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

so far so good. now its more of a test to see how idle battery drain will do. for that i need a few hours after work.

heres tf107 for everyone else, some work under the hood included.. http://goo.gl/EcHSU

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg

so far so good. now its more of a test to see how idle battery drain will do. for that i need a few hours after work.

heres tf107 for everyone else, some work under the hood included.. http://goo.gl/EcHSU

Ya baby, thanks.

Oh and RasCarlo, how was your trip? Did you get the chance to relax and take in the sites. Or were you partying and too intoxicated to remember :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays

This and AOKP Build 4, when I should be sleeping! Damn!

Sorry Morfic: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/24/4023880/tegra-4-benchmarks

It benches faster then the Snapdragon 600 but I'm waiting for the 800 to be benched, that will be a killer chip.

EDIT: Vibration feels very weak on 107 even though I have both turned up fully???

Sent from my Nexus4™

Last edited:

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East

You know... The tegra 4 looks great but by the time anything comes out with the chip the next nexus will be out or around the corner with something likely at the least on par. Recently it seems that for at least a time that whether its tegra or snapdragon or exynos that they all are about on par give or take a little in whatever area given the same generation. Since all of the newest chips are pretty adept at doing what the phone or tablet need for games and interface, I care about which is most efficient.

Right now I wish there were a phone or something with a 1080p resolution using the exynos 5 dual and could run a benchmark. That chip currently is top of the heap as its the only thing utilized in an actual device. If it weren't powering such a monstrous screen resolution I'll bet you would see at least 30k on an tutu.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9

Thanks to Morfic and Simms for 107!

I'm wondering if Morfic integrated Franco's revised gamma interface (parameters for values were altered) into 107. As it stands, 107 doesn't appear compatible with FKU 8.8.2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files, app:

www . Der Kernel . com

Kernel Source: https://bitbucket.org/morfic/trinity_four

This thread benefits from "OT posts" as it fosters a healthy community in which "users helping users" is strong. Which in turn helps me to focus on development.
    Thank You for understanding this.

If you need gapps for 4.3, try these simms22 approved gapps for 4.3: http://goo.gl/l6ZlFB
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Flash your rom's kernel if you come from another kernel first! Else it may not even boot due to their ramdisk modifications.

Featuring:

• Offering lowered voltages
    • Voltage Control
    • Color Control (Thanks Francisco)
    • Build optimizations
    • Performance through research
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • TCP Congestion control Veno default, more added
    • VM, scheduler and governor tweaks
    • 384/1512 or 384/1728 if indicated in filename (Use an app that protects the sysfs files to not have OS meddle with freqs)
    • Bullshít Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

It looks like next week I'll be able to successfully corrupt the system on my new mako.
    Thanks everybody.

New rasbean builds for mako will have those bionic patches from now on.
    Hi guys, just an update: happy to report my daughter is out of the hospital, with a clean bill of health. Time to get flashing!

Oh and thanks for all the concern again. Love you guys. Mwah!
    You all benchmarked. So you know why you still see quadrant being used.
    Reason quadrant is used is that it's a quick check.
    Sending Simms22 20+ builds in a day and asking him to run something long running like antutu would be flat out unreal.
    We don't care about the absolute to have any meaning from device to device or from your phone to his phone.
    But we care about deltas.
    Deltas tell you a story, they tell you if going north led you into a deep forest from where there is no escape or if going north led you to the castle with your bride to be princess.
    I short, deltas tell you if you took the right path.
    Deltas tell you if something you swore by still work in everyone's favor or not.
    Deltas tell *you* if your developer researches the effects of his work or if he just plows you over with meaningless to confusing buzzwords.
    Deltas tell you a lot if you care to listen.
    The more developers' shít sucks, the more they will preach the gospel of "benchmarks don't matter anyway".
    The more they say it, the more they show they even lack the ability to distinguish between a benchmark's ability to be consistent or their inability to benchmark consistently.
    The more they say it, the more they show they are just interested in selling you snake oil.

I like to quantify stuff.
    So I care about deltas.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta