[ROM][WWE] [2/7/10] Shadowline Series | Abandoned

Search This thread
A new test build with the uber buggy and somewhat ugly 23022 6.5 build coming soon.
Don't expect much in application compatability with this one with the new UI elements, and this is going to be far from a bug-free release. But more a look ahead at what is to come.

New to this build is a new softkeybar, with new buttons (that seem very skinnable by 6.5 themes)
And in the lockscreen files, it seems as though the 6.5 lock screen will have media player controls.

Screen01.png
Screen02.png

Current bugs,
Start menu -- still usable
any resolution specific things -- they dont like the new softkeybar
The dialer -- still usable
HUGE buttons -- not going to fix this in this build as it isnt that usable anyway.
any taskbar modding apps -- they mess up the taskbar now.

Also will be uploading the new kitchen for 23016.
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, i haven't had much time with the new job and all.

Last edited:
Here are some screenshots to take a look at the new 'features' of 23022.

Screen6501.png

First up, This is what you get when you tap the titlebar now. Things to notice here is the blur of the background below it. And the list is scrollable left and right.

Screen6502.png

This is the new volume control after tapping the icon in the new taskbar popup.

Screen6503.png

Nothing really new here except the softkey bar.

Screen6504.png

Here is another view of the new taskbar popup, again notice the blur of the background, and how it is slideable. (i slid it to the right)

Screen6505.png

And last up is a new magnifier. Works on double tap, anywhere really. Not sure how useful it is though.

Other things to note,
The "X" button has moved to the bottom softkey bar, pending a move of most if not all items from the task bar to the bottom softkey bar.
The Lock Screen shows an option for media controls. Though it seems to either be missing something or is not compatible with the current Media Player.
Below is a mockup using the included graphics, and is NOT the way it actually looks, as it does not work with the current media player.

Screen6506.png

Confirmation that the Media Controls are coded in.
A Snippet from:
LS_Lockscreen_480x800.cpr
Code:
<MediaControl ID="MediaControl" Top="0" Left="0">
        <Image ID="MediaBG" Width="480" Height="208" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_BG.png"/>
        <Text ID="MediaInfo" Left="21" Width="438" Top="37" Height="34" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="cmhomeres.dll,1811"><!-- This comment eliminates unwanted characters -->
            <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
            <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>
        </Text>
        <!-- Original coordinates for the media controls were provided such that the 'Top' value for the progress bar was assuming that the 'background' 
             starts at relative offset 0. However, progress bar needs to be at least as tall as its tallest child, and this assumption doesn't hold true.
             Therefore, we need to center vertically all children inside the progress bar.  Here's how:
             1. Let Height of Tallest child be "HT". (This is currently the 'head' because it has glow)
             2. Let Height of Background be "HB". 
             3. Let the original Top value of the Progress bar be "TP".
             4. Let the original Top value of the Background be "TB".
             So, the new values are as follows
             TP = TP - (HT - HB) / 2;
             HT = HT + (HT - HB) / 2;
        --> 
        <ProgressBar ID="MediaProgress" Width="480" Height="18" Left="0" Top="86" Visible="True">
          <Layer ID="Background" Left="0" Top="3">            
            <Image Width="480" Height="12" Visible="True" ScalingAlgorithm="TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Progress_BG.png" />            
          </Layer>
          <Layer ID="Foreground" Left="0" Top="3">
            <Image Width="480" Height="6" Top="3" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm="Fast" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Progress_FG.png" />
          </Layer>
          <Layer ID="Head" Left="0" Top="0">
            <Image Width="18" Height="18" Left="0" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm="TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Progress_Head.png"/>
          </Layer>
          <Button ID="Button" Width="480" Height="18" Top="0" Left="0" Opacity="0.0"></Button>
        </ProgressBar>
        <MultiStateButton ID="MediaPrevious" Width="89" Height="74"  Left="80" Top="120">
          <!-- The order of children of an MSB matters -->        
          <Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Previous.png"/>
          <Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Previous_Pushed.png"/>
          <Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Previous_Disabled.png"/>
        </MultiStateButton>
        <MultiStateButton ID="MediaPlayPause" Width="141" Height="92" Left="169" Top="111">          
          <Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Play.png"/>
          <Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Play_Pushed.png"/>
          <Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Pause.png"/>
          <Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Pause_Pushed.png"/>          
        </MultiStateButton>
        <MultiStateButton ID="MediaNext" Width="89" Height="74" Left="310" Top="120">
          <Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Next.png"/>
          <Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Next_Pushed.png"/>
          <Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Next_Disabled.png"/>        
        </MultiStateButton>
      </MediaControl>

Last edited:

cityhunterx

May 10, 2009
A littl e buggy but a step in the right direction.

Apart from a few freezes, noticed the titlebarlist fonts seem too big and time is cut off, same as when locking the device the time and date are too big.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
New build here, and in first post.

8/6/09 23022 Test Rom
Changes in this build
Build 23022
OEM 2.06
Edited some graphics in the new build.

Download Now

Kitchen for 23016 is up next.

Flashed 23022 and found almost everything is working fine, except the fuzzy top curtain area. The magnifier effect is rather unnecessary, or not done properly yet, probably will see further improvement in the later build.

Thanks for the rom. See improvements in graphics, nice. Cheers!

McSnooz

Aug 5, 2009
Oi Shadow
Thanks for posting your kitchens helped me getting started on cooking atleast ;)

Infact I enjoy your roms aswel just a bit too much bleh in it for me as I'm the kinda guy who doesn's really like facebook etc heh.

But after trying out the latest kitchen you posted 23016 I'm not able to cook I get an error saying.

No ''SVN'' folders present...

Anywho I know a guy in my thread had the same issue, so I thought after I got it aswel I'd take it to one of the sources and cross refere it to my post.

Regards Michael

the no svn thing is actually quite normal. are there any other errors?

Flashed 23022 and found almost everything is working fine, except the fuzzy top curtain area. The magnifier effect is rather unnecessary, or not done properly yet, probably will see further improvement in the later build.

Thanks for the rom. See improvements in graphics, nice. Cheers!

Yea I can't wait to see what they do with it. It's going to be great to see how 6.5.1 ends up, which i'm sure is going to be right along with Mobile 7 too.

Last edited:

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London

Aside from the graphics (at of place, too big, etc...) I've found the ROm so far to be very quick, will see how stable it is as the day progresses.

jchoong

Jun 10, 2008
Singapore
I downloaded the test ROM three times but it could not be unzipped. The downloaded file is only 30+ MB. Eager to test this ROM

pietrucci

Still very buggy, icons and buttons not aligned, volume buttons not working, screen not always fully visible, no phone skin.

But: interfaces look nice, very promising!

Did some quick benchmarks: not so fast yet, normal results comparable with previous shadowline's.

I think this has potential!

muchski

Dec 18, 2008
The UI is slowly evolving in the right direction but man some things are still quite hack, like now they are just trying to beautify an old monster from pocket pc 2003 era, hopefully the ground up approach with WM7 will give us that newness and coolness we really want from WM. I do like the lock screen media player controls and the x and ok buttons being moved to the new softkey area which also looks quite nice. The volume control is more finger friendly but still but ugly! Hopefully will get skinned too!

cizzy

Nov 13, 2008
help!

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to update my Touch Diamond 2 from the factory shipped rom to this new one and the phone will not update! I get stuck right after it leaves the Red Green and Blue screen. It stays on 0% and never moves. What else do i need to do? Any help would rock!!! :)

cizzy

Nov 13, 2008
I don't think that I have. I have an unlocked Diamond 2 I bought from eBay, but have done nothing other than try to install this latest ver. of Topez. I've searched and search and don't know where to begin. Any tips would seriously be awesome!

Top Liked Posts