[App Studio] US Carrier Apps

Search This thread

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
This is similar to my OEM apps, but for the four major Mobile Operators in the US: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
This was built using Windows Phone App Studio, so this can be downloaded directly onto your phone without the use of a deployment tool.

NOTE for old V1 and V2.0 Users: I'm no longer offering the installation links for the App Studio deployment method. Please use the store version if you wish to continue to receive updates.

Source is untouched and attached.
App8.zip is the source for Windows Phone 8.0
App-New.zip is the source for Windows 8.1 (Modern UI mode) and Windows Phone 8.1.

Windows Phone Store link!
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=b1e54402-5928-403e-aaf4-2022481774b5

Screenshots
71d15d57-f15e-477f-98ae-49f3a70174d2
4c22510f-36de-42ca-b9d6-79c9afca0bf4
f8d5dca2-ee25-4ff1-9fc5-c0e9a1bdfffd
5993e7b6-c93e-4dce-a7f2-800df69d8019
151eed18-ec34-404c-959c-7d8034a9864f

The V1 edition was made on November 8, 2013.
The V2 edition is complete as of Christmas Day, 2013!
I began attempting to publish on January 10, 2014.
The app was released in the Windows Phone Store/Marketplace on February 19, 2014!
The V2.1 edition added images for the apps and Verizon's new "Tones" app.
Windows Phone 8.1 Support was added June 24, 2014.

Attachments

• App8.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • App-New.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

xboxmod

Senior Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Gap
This is similar to my OEM apps, but for the four major Mobile Operators in the US: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
This was built using Windows Phone App Studio, so this can be downloaded directly onto your phone without the use of a deployment tool.

Certificate:
http://bit.ly/1htLMjz
Download:
http://bit.ly/17IJfke

Thanks
now we need some users to use fiddler with sprint,verizon,at&t and grab correct url info for this Operator.
like this one:
http://marketplaceedgeservice.........2.0&cc=US&lang=en-US&hw=268473858&moId=sfr-fr......
this way we can try all those apps on other devicedevice.

Last edited:

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
If anyone has devices from these carriers, please let me know if your phone shipped with some carrier locked apps. I have Verizon and Sprint's list complete, but AT&T was something I tried quick to get working and have something in place, while I have nothing for T-Mobile. So if you have a T-Mobile device, then please post links to the store link for your apps!

EDIT: Nevermind, I went out and bought these devices to get the app-ids, also to hack, but its still annoying that they are hidden from the store...

Last edited:

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
UPDATE!!!!

I've updated the app to include all of AT&T's apps.

OEM ID's Confirmed so far.... for fiddler or another proxy tool. :)

VZW-US (Verizon Wireless)
ATT-US (AT&T)
TMO-US (T-Mobile USA)
null (some Sprint apps)

Last edited:

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
T-Mobile USA's apps have now been added!!! The only issue with it is that they are listed as unpublished, but that might be controlled based on the SIM... "My Account" should be install-able on any Windows Phone that has a T-Mobile SIM in it.

Also hoping to redo this entire app to directly launch the store instead of launching the web browser to launch the store (which requires logging into.) EDIT: DONE!

Last edited:

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
I fixed some problems with several URLs that nobody had noticed yet. I also cleaned it up a bit, so let me know if you notice anything broken!

EDIT: Apparently I also have some URLs pointing to the wrong app. It will be fixed soon!

EDIT 2: Everything is done except the images. I guess I'm close to publishing once I can think of a name for it and a half decent image for the app, tiles and the loading screen it will be finalized.

I have yet to determine if I want to add advertising to the store version or not, while removing the $.99 charge. It depends on if I ever get any feedback on this app....

Last edited:

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
Okay.... I submitted the app to the store, but since it was a pain in the @SS making this app, requiring me to purchase a Lumia 520, Lumia 521, and an HTC 8XT. I've made the app $.99. All of those who have installed this with the App Studio method can still do so, and they won't have to deal with paying for it. I'll make it free in the store once I have recouped some of my costs, or if no one ends up downloading it.

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
I've updated the app to V2.1, because Verizon launched a new ringtones+ringback app, and I went ahead and added images to the app instead of looking at those terrible low-res bullet points.

Please rate my app! I've only had TWO DOWNLOADS from the store since I had launched it, and the way publishing works I won't see any money for a long while.

Last edited:

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
I've thought about reworking the logo to be of the four carriers, but nobody has said anything! I'm still waiting for at least a review. I'm going to make the app free, as I still haven't got any downloads and trying to recoup costs was a lost cause. Just means that I'll add advertisements eventually to the store edition.

juanitoriv

Nov 22, 2013
Taos, NM
I've thought about reworking the logo to be of the four carriers, but nobody has said anything! I'm still waiting for at least a review. I'm going to make the app free, as I still haven't got any downloads and trying to recoup costs was a lost cause. Just means that I'll add advertisements eventually to the store edition.

I just snatched it up, amd by coincidence snatched fiddler earlier today to check out some stuff. All the links I've checked are good so far. I'll fire it up later and report back.

Thanks man!!

Reactions: thals1992

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop my head back in. The app was updated for Windows Phone 8.1 support on 6/24/2014 and now I've seen anywhere from 1 download per day to 3. I have a total of 127 downloads and in 22 different countries, after all, a niche app is a niche app.

Oh, also a note, WiFi Calling only works on T-Mobile Phones (their Lumia 521 or the new 635) due to a things needing to be baked into the ROM.

I'll be updating the app, because AT&T added a new app, called AT&T Connect.
Ranking (downloads per country)

1. US has 86 downloads.
  2. India has 8 downloads.
  3. UK has 5 downloads.
  4. Turkey and Poland have 3 downloads.
  5. Canada, Israel, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Spain all have 2 downloads.

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It would actually be Really Cool to be able to bake that driver (for WiFi calling) into a custom ROM, but sadly that's probably not really practical with the limited amount of ROM editing we can do right now. Doing it at runtime requires *adding* registry keys, which is (annoyingly) a lot harder than just editing them... although it may be possible to get it working by cannibalizing some other driver or service that we don't care about. In any case, I don't even know if the signature on it will be tolerated by non-TMoUS phones.

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
I think the only solution for the time being is to wait for someone to leak the tools for creating a ROM. We could essentially take the precompiled binaries and just add an extra superpackage for stuff we might want and release it into the wild, but I'm pretty sure they track those things pretty well.... If one slipped they'd revoke their SSL certificate.

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
2.1.2 Update!

New version is out. I've added a few new apps, but due to a change in the App Studio, they must be launched via URL and bit.ly. The store URLs are too long to enter now and the old ones can't be changed. I attempted to modify them a bit playing with Visual Studio, but to no avail. Starts complaining about the built-in advertisement framework stuff which is disabled by default and still unmodified.

NEW CARRIER
  • Cricket Wireless
NEW APPS
  • Verizon Messaging Settings
  • AT&T Connect
  • My Cricket
  • [Cricket] Wi-Fi

thals1992

Sep 26, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
www.uidnation.com
Hello folks!

I've ran into an issue with Microsoft. Due to an issue I had previously with the Windows 8.1 Desktop app, and windowsphone.com being merged, I am no longer able to update the app. I can post status updates in the app, but beyond that I can't do much except to offer the source and manual deployment offerings again. Let me know what you guys think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE for old V1 and V2.0 Users: I'm no longer offering the installation links for the App Studio deployment method. Please use the store version if you wish to continue to receive updates.

Source is untouched and attached.
    App8.zip is the source for Windows Phone 8.0
    App-New.zip is the source for Windows 8.1 (Modern UI mode) and Windows Phone 8.1.

Windows Phone Store link!
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=b1e54402-5928-403e-aaf4-2022481774b5

Screenshots
    71d15d57-f15e-477f-98ae-49f3a70174d2
    4c22510f-36de-42ca-b9d6-79c9afca0bf4
    f8d5dca2-ee25-4ff1-9fc5-c0e9a1bdfffd
    5993e7b6-c93e-4dce-a7f2-800df69d8019
    151eed18-ec34-404c-959c-7d8034a9864f

The V1 edition was made on November 8, 2013.
    The V2 edition is complete as of Christmas Day, 2013!
    I began attempting to publish on January 10, 2014.
    The app was released in the Windows Phone Store/Marketplace on February 19, 2014!
    The V2.1 edition added images for the apps and Verizon's new "Tones" app.
    Windows Phone 8.1 Support was added June 24, 2014.

I just snatched it up, amd by coincidence snatched fiddler earlier today to check out some stuff. All the links I've checked are good so far. I'll fire it up later and report back.

Thanks man!!