[Q] How to install Jelly Wiz Rom MJ9 4.3 TW ?

Search This thread

RobFreundlich

Dec 9, 2013
Boston
I recently rooted/unlocked my Verizon GN2 using Casual, and I am interested in trying my first ROM. I saw the announcement of Jelly Wiz Rom MJ9 4.3 TW (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2564495), and it looks fairly interesting, so I'd like to give it a go. Before I jump in, I want to be sure I've got my process correct. Pulling in information from that thread and the [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207), here's what I think I have to do:

1. Make sure I've got a good backup
  2. Download the ROM to my internal SD card
  3. Power device off, then hold the Volume up/home/power buttons until I get into TWRP)
  4. Select wipe, then wipe cache. (If I get force close or other issues, boot back to TWRP and wipe data)
  5. Select install, then choose the ROM
  6. Reboot

At this point, I should have the ROM up and running. However, there will be some problem with the modem and WiFi, so I need to fix that by doing the following:

1. Grab the "Recovery Flashable Modem and WiFi Parameters" from http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760974850
  2. Boot into TWRP
  3. Select install, then choose the Flashable Model and WiFi Parameters zip file
  4. Reboot

Is this all correct? Have I missed anything?

Jiggabitties

Apr 1, 2011
Michigan
Everything seems to be in good order. You almost always want to perform a full factory reset/data wipe when going between different Roms. I know it's a pain to restore everything back to your liking but you'll regret not wiping 9/10 times. Also, consider keeping the .zips on an external SD Card just in case of accidental internal storage wipe.

Reactions: RobFreundlich

RobFreundlich

Dec 9, 2013
Boston
Titanium Backup should be my friend, right?

Everything seems to be in good order. You almost always want to perform a full factory reset/data wipe when going between different Roms. I know it's a pain to restore everything back to your liking but you'll regret not wiping 9/10 times. Also, consider keeping the .zips on an external SD Card just in case of accidental internal storage wipe.

Thanks for the tips.

I've done a backup of all my apps (system and user) using Titanium, and I can do another before doing my reset/wipe. In theory, I should be able to restore the apps I want to recover, after I'm all done installing the ROM and the patch, right? So it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Or am I being naive?

Jiggabitties

Apr 1, 2011
Michigan
Well all of your Google apps back themselves up to the cloud, so you're good there. In my experience, it's best to only restore Market Apps, games etc... apps that aren't already synced with your google account. But I've always had pretty good luck with Titanium. I pretty much only ever backed up game progress, far too many hours into angry birds to lose it to a wipe.

Reactions: RobFreundlich

RobFreundlich

Dec 9, 2013
Boston
Well all of your Google apps back themselves up to the cloud, so you're good there. In my experience, it's best to only restore Market Apps, games etc... apps that aren't already synced with your google account. But I've always had pretty good luck with Titanium. I pretty much only ever backed up game progress, far too many hours into angry birds to lose it to a wipe.

That makes sense. Sounds like the smart thing to do is to grab all the apps I actually use, give them time to re-sync, and then use Titanium to restore everyone else's data.

Thanks very much!

coma73

Jan 5, 2011
ya i wanna try this but have spent last 2 hrs unbricking my phone after trying to install another tw rom following directions exactly. may just wait to get back to tw rom and stay at cm 11 unofficials

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.