[Q] Bluetooth dialing/control

Search This thread

PhilipPeake

Jan 1, 2011
I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ which I have been using with my old Galaxy S running Cyanogenmod, and it worked pretty much as described in the user guide for the headset.

Call/Answer button - one touch to answer, one touch to (voice) call, double press to redial last number.
Vol up/down press both to mute, press both again to unmute.

Well, with my Nexus 5 pretty much nothing works.

Call/Answer button seems to be ignored.
Vol up/down simultaneous press starts music, press both again and music stops.

So is there *any* support for bluetooth call control in 4.4.2/Nexus 5?

Any suggestions how to be able to at least able to answer initiate a call via the bluetooth buttons?

Nov 21, 2013
It works fine with my LG HBS730 headset and the Sync system I am testing in a rental car.

Under Settings -> Bluetooth -> Paired Devices, have you checked the Profiles for your headset? Both Phone audio and Media audio are checked on mine. I did not do anything special when I paired the devices.

Rick

PhilipPeake

Jan 1, 2011
It works fine with my LG HBS730 headset and the Sync system I am testing in a rental car.

Under Settings -> Bluetooth -> Paired Devices, have you checked the Profiles for your headset? Both Phone audio and Media audio are checked on mine. I did not do anything special when I paired the devices.

Rick

So you say yours works ... you can answer an incoming call by clicking a headset button? You can initiate a call by pressing a button to get the voice dialer activated, select your number by voice and have it initiate the call? No touching the Nexus at all?

And yes, both phone and media boxes are checked.

PhilipPeake

Jan 1, 2011
Hmmm... deleted the device, re-paired, and it now works ????

Thanks for the feedback, without knowing that it was possible to get it going, I probably would never have tried that.