Bootloop fix - EFS filesystem corruption (Mods please sticky)

Search This thread

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
Myself and many other people in the note 3 forums have encountered a boot looping issue and the solution has not been documented on the T-Mobile forums. It seems to be a problem with the EFS filesystem getting corrupted for various reasons (kernel flash, twrp restore, etc).

Below is a link to the fix from the 9005N forum. It wipes the EFS partition so it can be rebuilt uncorrupted. It does not affect any data, etc.

I take no credit for the fix and am simply reposting so T-Mobile users can find it easily.

Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507403

Last edited:
Reactions: Persianhawkes

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
Does a same fix exists for the Tmobile Note 2? I have this problem on my Note 2, anyone? Thanks!

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
I am not aware of that issue on the note 2 but if it is the same issue then the above could work. It may not but it will most likely not cause further harm.

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
yeah I have heard the twrp causes an error with restores. I have personally encountered it when flashing a new kernel and sometimes even change kernel settings and rebooting. seems to be a little different for everyone but almost always the same issue/fix in the end.

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
Sucks when it happens out of nowhere what could be the main cause of this?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
note sure, my guesses its a something Samsung can fix with a firmware update. the fix works for me but sometimes the problem comes back and I have to re-flash the fix.

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
True has only happened to me once but I can see how sensitive the note 3 is

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Myself and many other people in the note 3 forums have encountered a boot looping issue and the solution has not been documented on the T-Mobile forums. It seems to be a problem with the EFS filesystem getting corrupted for various reasons (kernel flash, twrp restore, etc).

Below is a link to the fix from the 9005N forum. It wipes the EFS partition so it can be rebuilt uncorrupted. It does not affect any data, etc.

I take no credit for the fix and am simply reposting so T-Mobile users can find it easily.

Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507403