[Repository] JB - ICS - AOKP & Stock APK's

Search This thread

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I had a thread on the GSII Forums for an APK Repository and it was heavily used. Since I'm now on the GSIII and starting devlopment I figured I'd start the APK Repository for this forum as well. I will do my best to keep a complete list of all Stock and AOKP APK's. I WILL NOT add any paid apk's to this list so please don't ask. Also, if I include any modded apk's or customized items that other developers created I'll be sure and give credit to them.

Hope this thread helps.

** I am not responsible for your phone if anything happens. Please flash at your own risk and be sure to MAKE BACKUPS. **

The main purpose behind this thread is to have a central location for all the Stock Jelly Bean and ICS APK's. I will include Mods for APK's as well as I find them.

Instructions for Flashing APK's

**Most APK's are just like any other app. You download and install it like any other app.

Some APK's are system apps (Email, Exchange, Messages, any app that can't be deleted without using TiBu). For these APK's you will need to:

DO A NANDROID BACKUP or backup your phone however you see fit. If you fail to do this and something goes wrong, please don't start trolling this thread.

1. Download the APK
2. Use a Root Explorer and move the downloaded APK to your system/app folder
3. Reboot in to Recovery
4. Wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache (Dalvik Cache is located under 'Advanced')
5. Reboot Phone and Enjoy

*NOTE: If you have any permission issues with system APK's or Moving them to the system/app folder you may need to change their permissions. To do this, open a root explorer and navigate to the system/app folder and find the APK you moved there. Check the permissions and make sure they are set to rw-r--r--. If you have any other issues try wiping dalvik cache again and rebooting your phone.

Here is a free root explorer that I use, there are several others in the market.

Root Browser Lite (Download it From the Market Here)

Stock TW Jelly Bean APK's

A few Main Individual APK's

Complete zip file will all APK's (This is not a flashable zip, just a zip containing all the APK's)

Download All Stock JB APK's Here

Stock TW Ice Cream Sandwich APK's

Complete zip file will all APK's (This is not a flashable zip, just a zip containing all the APK's)

Download All Stock ICS APK's Here...(Upload keeps failing, I'll come back to this later)

***AOKP APK's (ICS & JB) are located in the 2nd Post***​

***Mods and other useful APK's are located in the 3rd Post***​

IN PROGRESS....

Last edited:

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
Jelly Bean - ICS AOKP APK's

The AOKP APK's are from Task650 and Ktoonsez AOKP Rom's. They are very reputable dev's so I trust their work and moddifed APK's.

AOKP Jelly Bean APK's

A few main individual APK's

Download All (Jelly Bean) AOKP APK's Here

AOKP ICS APK's

Download All (ICS) AOKP APK's Here

If this helped you click the thanks button!

Last edited:

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
MODS & Custom APK's

Flashable .zip Files

GS3 Files

All GS3 Media Files (Alarms, Ringtones, UI, Notifications) - Thanks LilChris06 for putting these together.

Email Exchange Security Bypass - I have a thread for this HERE but will include the files in the post as well.

*After you flash the Email Security Mod make sure to WIPE CACHE and DALVIK CACHE BEFORE REBOOTING. Once rebooted, reset up your exchange email, grant exchange Admin privilages when prompted, and you are done. You shouldn't need to set a password or pin.

Stock TW Jelly Bean - Download This One

AOKP Jelly Bean - Download This One

Remove 'AccuWeather.com ' logo from LockScreen.

To do this you need to modify your framework-res.apk.Navigate to res\drawable-xhdpi and find the .png labled 'keyguard_lockscreen_ic_weather_logo.png'. I have attached the image you can download and move to this folder.

Instructions:
1. Download this .png
2. Use a root explorer (ES File Explorer or Root Browser Lite), Copy the .png you downloaded above and Navigate to your system folder
3. Once in system folder, navigate to system/framework/framework-res.apk
4. Open framework-res.apk and navigate to res/drawable-xhdpi
5. Paste the .png into this folder (overwite the image if prompted).
6. Restart your phone, and the accuweather logo should be gone. Enjoy

Extended Power Menu - I have tested on Stock JB.
If you try flashing this on something other than a stock JB rom please make a backup prior to flashing. I have not tested this on anything else. Also, most custom ROM's have an extended power menu by default.

Download Extended Power Menu Here * I pulled this power menu from GraffixNYC's ported JB Forum. Thank you.

more Mods to come....

Attachments

• keyguard_lockscreen_ic_weather_logo.png
    keyguard_lockscreen_ic_weather_logo.png
    352 bytes · Views: 4,625
  • Extended_Power_Menu.zip
    463.8 KB · Views: 1,971
Last edited:

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
This will be a great thread,I can tell. I noticed however, you didn't mention anything about changing permissions on system apk's. Does the dakvik and cache wipe reset them?

Reactions: crazyagg

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
This will be a great thread,I can tell. I noticed however, you didn't mention anything about changing permissions on system apk's. Does the dakvik and cache wipe reset them?

I've never needed to set permissons for the service APKs when I add them directly to the system/app folder or if I'm replacing system apk's with something different. If I need to update the thread to include how to change permissions I'll be more than happt to do so. I assume the system/app folder has permissions assigned to it and any APK's that fall within that folder inherit the same permissions. If I'm wrong let me know.

Thanks for the heads up.

theadb

Apr 7, 2011
Can I flash the stock sounds zip over CM10? Or am I completely misunderstanding what it's meant for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

meanhacker

Aug 21, 2012
thank you sir. many will find this useful i'm sure. i will need a swype apk for my jellybean rom, will come back here whenever it's up

Erazo1986

Mar 3, 2011
Altamonte springs, FL
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but, do stock jelly bean apps work on stock ics ?

The reason I ask is because I tried the above steps for the stock messging app from jelly bean and it was a no go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but, do stock jelly bean apps work on stock ics ?

The reason I ask is because I tried the above steps for the stock messging app from jelly bean and it was a no go.

Some apps will work and some will not. If they are system apps that can't be deleted without using titanium backup or manually removing them from the system/app folder more than likely you'll have issues with them.

There are some very stable ported JB leaks and aokp roms available, why not just flash a JB rom :)

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: Erazo1986

Maconi

Apr 29, 2009
Is the S Planner widget APK in any of these (I see one named "Calendar" but I'm not sure if that's S Planner, or if it is if it's the widget). I have the app on my phone but not the widget (using KYAN rom) and would like to reinstall the widget somehow.

Thanks. :)

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
Is the S Planner widget APK in any of these (I see one named "Calendar" but I'm not sure if that's S Planner, or if it is if it's the widget). I have the app on my phone but not the widget (using KYAN rom) and would like to reinstall the widget somehow.

I don't believe I have the widget uploaded yet. Tonight or Monday I will try uploading all the apks again. Once I finish uploading everything will be available.

Erazo1986

Mar 3, 2011
Altamonte springs, FL
Some apps will work and some will not. If they are system apps that can't be deleted without using titanium backup or manually removing them from the system/app folder more than likely you'll have issues with them.

There are some very stable ported JB leaks and aokp roms available, why not just flash a JB rom :)

I was on paranoid ROM for a bit and now I'm between stock and that. Thank you for the response.

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I was on paranoid ROM for a bit and now I'm between stock and that. Thank you for the response.

Ya I'm currently on a stock ported JB ROM that I've just tweaked to my liking. Best of both worlds.

I should have all the apks uploaded tomorrow so hopefully you can find the widget you want.

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas

I have uploaded the S Planner Widget. You can download it from HERE.

ed20910

Jan 23, 2012
This is a great idea! Suggestion if its ok. Maybe indicate which are Touchwiz dependent or are safe to install regardless of Rom.. I can see a new person thinking they can download the original apk and install it on a non Touchwiz rom. We know how much everyone reads before flashing. :)

crazyagg

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
This is a great idea! Suggestion if its ok. Maybe indicate which are Touchwiz dependent or are safe to install regardless of Rom.. I can see a new person thinking they can download the original apk and install it on a non Touchwiz rom. We know how much everyone reads before flashing. :)

I have the APK's broken out in the OP based off ROM (TW and AOKP). If users decide they don't want to read the OP and flash something that isn't made for their rom....I can't be responsible for that. I'm also not certain what apps will work on different roms and which ones will not. I haven't tested all apk's on all ROM's. I'm just doing my best to provide a centralized location that members can come to and download apk's they have lost or need.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a thread on the GSII Forums for an APK Repository and it was heavily used. Since I'm now on the GSIII and starting devlopment I figured I'd start the APK Repository for this forum as well. I will do my best to keep a complete list of all Stock and AOKP APK's. I WILL NOT add any paid apk's to this list so please don't ask. Also, if I include any modded apk's or customized items that other developers created I'll be sure and give credit to them.

Hope this thread helps.

** I am not responsible for your phone if anything happens. Please flash at your own risk and be sure to MAKE BACKUPS. **

The main purpose behind this thread is to have a central location for all the Stock Jelly Bean and ICS APK's. I will include Mods for APK's as well as I find them.

Instructions for Flashing APK's

**Most APK's are just like any other app. You download and install it like any other app.

Some APK's are system apps (Email, Exchange, Messages, any app that can't be deleted without using TiBu). For these APK's you will need to:

DO A NANDROID BACKUP or backup your phone however you see fit. If you fail to do this and something goes wrong, please don't start trolling this thread.

1. Download the APK
    2. Use a Root Explorer and move the downloaded APK to your system/app folder
    3. Reboot in to Recovery
    4. Wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache (Dalvik Cache is located under 'Advanced')
    5. Reboot Phone and Enjoy

*NOTE: If you have any permission issues with system APK's or Moving them to the system/app folder you may need to change their permissions. To do this, open a root explorer and navigate to the system/app folder and find the APK you moved there. Check the permissions and make sure they are set to rw-r--r--. If you have any other issues try wiping dalvik cache again and rebooting your phone.

Here is a free root explorer that I use, there are several others in the market.

Root Browser Lite (Download it From the Market Here)

Stock TW Jelly Bean APK's

Download All Stock JB APK's Here

Stock TW Ice Cream Sandwich APK's

Download All Stock ICS APK's Here...(Upload keeps failing, I'll come back to this later)

***AOKP APK's (ICS & JB) are located in the 2nd Post***​

***Mods and other useful APK's are located in the 3rd Post***​

IN PROGRESS....
    Jelly Bean - ICS AOKP APK's

The AOKP APK's are from Task650 and Ktoonsez AOKP Rom's. They are very reputable dev's so I trust their work and moddifed APK's.

AOKP Jelly Bean APK's

Download All (Jelly Bean) AOKP APK's Here

AOKP ICS APK's

Download All (ICS) AOKP APK's Here

If this helped you click the thanks button!
    MODS & Custom APK's

Flashable .zip Files

GS3 Files

All GS3 Media Files (Alarms, Ringtones, UI, Notifications) - Thanks LilChris06 for putting these together.

Email Exchange Security Bypass - I have a thread for this HERE but will include the files in the post as well.

*After you flash the Email Security Mod make sure to WIPE CACHE and DALVIK CACHE BEFORE REBOOTING. Once rebooted, reset up your exchange email, grant exchange Admin privilages when prompted, and you are done. You shouldn't need to set a password or pin.

Stock TW Jelly Bean - Download This One

AOKP Jelly Bean - Download This One

Remove 'AccuWeather.com ' logo from LockScreen.

To do this you need to modify your framework-res.apk.Navigate to res\drawable-xhdpi and find the .png labled 'keyguard_lockscreen_ic_weather_logo.png'. I have attached the image you can download and move to this folder.

Instructions:
    1. Download this .png
    2. Use a root explorer (ES File Explorer or Root Browser Lite), Copy the .png you downloaded above and Navigate to your system folder
    3. Once in system folder, navigate to system/framework/framework-res.apk
    4. Open framework-res.apk and navigate to res/drawable-xhdpi
    5. Paste the .png into this folder (overwite the image if prompted).
    6. Restart your phone, and the accuweather logo should be gone. Enjoy

Extended Power Menu - I have tested on Stock JB.
    If you try flashing this on something other than a stock JB rom please make a backup prior to flashing. I have not tested this on anything else. Also, most custom ROM's have an extended power menu by default.

Download Extended Power Menu Here * I pulled this power menu from GraffixNYC's ported JB Forum. Thank you.

more Mods to come....
    Does this work with the GS3? I tried installing samsungcamera.apk as instructed in the first post, but it doesn't appear in my apps. I read elsewhere that it requires the touchwiz framework. If that's true? But If it is true, then I'm confused about what this thread is for.

Certain system apps/apks require different versions depending on your ROM. If you're trying to install a Stock or TW apk on AOKP or something different you will have issues. My first post never said these apks were ported and usable on all ROMs.
    The purpose of this thread is to have a single location for APKs...TW/AOKP/Jelly Bean/ ICS/ etc. Many devs debloat or remove certain APKs that users want...if that happens they should be able find them here. Or, if they want to try certain APKs from other ROMs they can do that as well. As stated in my OP, system apps are 'sensitive' and you may have issues when using them across different ROMs or they may not work at all.

I'm on aokp and like I said before I did everything on the op. Moved to system apps, fixed permissions and everything. I've done it before I'm no noob but for some reason it won't install. Btw it's the first apk in the op. The video. Apk.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

Most stock (system) apks won't work on AOKP based ROMs.