[Q] Unlocking bootloader - impossible

Search This thread
Hi,

I belong to those who cannot unlock the TF300T bootloader (in my case probably because I sent it once to Asus Repair Center and after getting back the serial number was removed from the device). I've tried to unlock plenty of times with the Asus Unlock Tool -- without any result.

I can root the device and I can flash any factory ROM, downloaded from Asus website -- but I cannot flash any custom ROM. It would be essential since the official ROM (any of them) becomes laggy and slow very soon after flashing and I am tired of flashing and re-doing the setup process every month or so.

The Service Center certainly does not recognise its responsibility and does not want to help.

To tell the truth I could not follow day-by-day the TF300T threads of the Forum, so let me ask: Is there any new method to unlock? Or without unlock is it possible to flash a smoother and quicker custom ROM to my device?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
If you are rooted, you could try flashing a custom recovery via the command line, but it will probably not work with a locked bootloader (can't test, I am unlocked).

But I saw several people report that they succeeded with unlocking after contacting their local Asus representative.
Obviously they can request an update in the device database, then the unlock tool works.

Don't give up and keep nagging the Asus guys, till they look into it just to get rid of you! ;)

SilentSpartan

Apr 15, 2014
I'm a member of this awesome non-unlockable group. I hope Asus burns in hell! I've spent the past 4 days and countless hours f**king with this thing. I'm so fed up with these assholes. I'm never using ****ty android again.

Drahric

Sep 18, 2012
Asus Transformer TF701
OnePlus 7T
Hi,

I belong to those who cannot unlock the TF300T bootloader (in my case probably because I sent it once to Asus Repair Center and after getting back the serial number was removed from the device). I've tried to unlock plenty of times with the Asus Unlock Tool -- without any result.

I can root the device and I can flash any factory ROM, downloaded from Asus website -- but I cannot flash any custom ROM. It would be essential since the official ROM (any of them) becomes laggy and slow very soon after flashing and I am tired of flashing and re-doing the setup process every month or so.

The Service Center certainly does not recognise its responsibility and does not want to help.

To tell the truth I could not follow day-by-day the TF300T threads of the Forum, so let me ask: Is there any new method to unlock? Or without unlock is it possible to flash a smoother and quicker custom ROM to my device?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

I actually ran into this problem but without sending it in for repairs, like f69m said
Don't give up and keep nagging the Asus guys, till they look into it just to get rid of you! ;)
and they did, and I'm enjoying the benefits of doing so. Good Luck:)

kallos

Dec 13, 2013
After 1 year they finally answered that the tool doesn't work and it's not supported

Hi.

Are you sure of it? I've bought my tf300t few months ago (it was a refurbished tablet). The unlock tool didn't work for me. Two weeks ago i've sent a mail to asus support and they told me to send them some screenshots (with my SN and mac adress etc.). After that, they updated their database and told me to retry to unlock the bootloader.
It did'nt change anything for me. I still have the network problem. I've tried the asus device tracker website and it tells me that my serial number isn't correct but when i write it in the product registration on asus website, it's automatically recognized as a tf300t and the support told me that everything was ok for them and the guy was able to read informations about my tablet...

Did anybody encounter the same problem ?

PS: sorry for my bad english.

spider623

Jan 31, 2011
Limassol
Hi.

Are you sure of it? I've bought my tf300t few months ago (it was a refurbished tablet). The unlock tool didn't work for me. Two weeks ago i've sent a mail to asus support and they told me to send them some screenshots (with my SN and mac adress etc.). After that, they updated their database and told me to retry to unlock the bootloader.
It did'nt change anything for me. I still have the network problem. I've tried the asus device tracker website and it tells me that my serial number isn't correct but when i write it in the product registration on asus website, it's automatically recognized as a tf300t and the support told me that everything was ok for them and the guy was able to read informations about my tablet...

Did anybody encounter the same problem ?

PS: sorry for my bad english.

For the TG, for T they just don't support unlocking, the Asus policy is simple now, quantity first, they stop cats about quality and didn't train the support to help you with complex matters, plus unlocking voids the warranty and they are instructed not to help you with it, also rma the tablet to unlock it will cost you 350 euro for shipping, replacing the motherboard, voiding the warranty and all that without shipping warranty and no telling when they will find time to do it, too many defective products

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

kallos

Dec 13, 2013
For the TG, for T they just don't support unlocking, the Asus policy is simple now, quantity first, they stop cats about quality and didn't train the support to help you with complex matters, plus unlocking voids the warranty and they are instructed not to help you with it, also rma the tablet to unlock it will cost you 350 euro for shipping, replacing the motherboard, voiding the warranty and all that without shipping warranty and no telling when they will find time to do it, too many defective products

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well... The warranty isn't a problem anymore. It's available only for pair of months now. They knew my tablet was a tf300 T. Different people have been requested in asus support to solve the problem. They have updated their database with the necessary informations... If the app wasn't supported anymore, don't you think that one of them would have told it? I've asked it to the support guy, i'm waiting his answer.... I'll don't let them like this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also can't unlock and ASUS refuse to help.

Sent from my Zest_T1_G46_2014 using Tapatalk