Internal Storage of Epic 4G Touch?

Search This thread

ctzw

Aug 19, 2011
I am using CM10 alpha5.3. I have a 32GB MicroSD card installed on my Epic4G Touch. However, if I turned on USB storage, I noticed two additional drives: one is 32G (of course it is my MicroSD), the other is 16GB. Does that mean, the Epic4G Touch has a built-in storage? My questions are:

1) If I use app2sd, what storage device will be used by default, 32GB or 16GB?
2) Can I format the internal 16GB drive?
3) I installed both ES File Manager & Astro File Manager in Android. However, ES File Manager does not recognize 32GB card. It only recognizes 16GB card as external SD... Astro File Manager recognizes both drives.
4) Because my Epic4GTouch is an used phone. I notice there are some pictures from the previous owner on the 16GB storage (or maybe some other personal things). Is there a quick way to restore all settings and remove the user data? I installed CM10 alpha5.3 by Recovery. However, I could still see the pictures from the previous owner :(

Thanks.

Sep 5, 2011
Winchester
I'm far from an expert but I do believe I'm correct on these answers: 1. The 16gb card will be used by default until you change it in the settings. 2. You should be able to format the internal storage under the advanced settings in recovery. 3. I don't think that a workaround has been figured out yet to recognize the 32gb sd card. 4. I'm not 100% on this but if you format the internal storage that will take care of the previous user data, but idk if the settings can be saved...

dmonger11b

Jul 18, 2012
If you're using a file manager make sure you're looking for external_sd folder. It should be in the folder labeled. Sdcard

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I am using CM10 alpha5.3. I have a 32GB MicroSD card installed on my Epic4G Touch. However, if I turned on USB storage, I noticed two additional drives: one is 32G (of course it is my MicroSD), the other is 16GB. Does that mean, the Epic4G Touch has a built-in storage? My questions are:

1) If I use app2sd, what storage device will be used by default, 32GB or 16GB?
2) Can I format the internal 16GB drive?
3) I installed both ES File Manager & Astro File Manager in Android. However, ES File Manager does not recognize 32GB card. It only recognizes 16GB card as external SD... Astro File Manager recognizes both drives.
4) Because my Epic4GTouch is an used phone. I notice there are some pictures from the previous owner on the 16GB storage (or maybe some other personal things). Is there a quick way to restore all settings and remove the user data? I installed CM10 alpha5.3 by Recovery. However, I could still see the pictures from the previous owner :(

Thanks.

1) apps2sd defaults to the storage chosen in settings>storage>menu by default it is the internal storage(16gb, which is broken into 2gb system, 2gb apps, 12gb miscellaneous (photos, apps2sd, downloads etc) ) to change it, in the storage menu choose external_SD and reboot.
2)yes you can format internal from settings>storage, make sure in the menu you choose internal and reboot first or it will format your card, alternatively you can unmount and remove your micro SD first to be sure.
3) in ES you want to go to settings, and look for the option "up to root" this will take you to the main location when you press the back key where you will find folders for data, system etc. In that menu you can locate internal and external SD, may be labeled SD card and emmc, SD card0 and SD card01, SD card and external_SD or emmc and external SD
4)just use the format option in settings>storage to erase the user data on internal and factory reset to return the ROM to stock with no user data on inlcluded system apps and settings. Alternatively if you have a safe recovery installed you can factory reset/wipe data to wipe the ROM of user data and apps and use the format internal storage option to wipe the internal SD.

We are legion, for we are many.

Sent from the DarkSide of the GalaXy with a MEK device