please delete

Would you like to see UbunTop as an upgrade for WebTop+?

• Keep UbunTop separate.

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • Make UbunTop a upgrade to WebTop+.

Votes: 86 34.8%
  • Have UbunTop as both standalone and upgrade.

Votes: 113 45.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
Damn, we have to be unlocked, there's no way around that or a workaround to keep 4G ?

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

depperly

Aug 29, 2008
I may have found the reason I needed to unlock my boot loader... It's stuff like this that has me turned on about this phone. I didn't even buy the phone until after I bought a atrix lapdock modified it and verified it would work at the Sprint store. To me this is the future of mobile computing...

One device to do to rule them all...

2JZ GZE

Nov 9, 2006
Got this up and running!

Any other programs besides AWN that you suggest we remove?

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

BTW I keep getting the error that the XFCE trash service is not working and to install thunar (which I already have installed). Anyone know of a fix?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Got this up and running!

Any other programs besides AWN that you suggest we remove?

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

BTW I keep getting the error that the XFCE trash service is not working and to install thunar (which I already have installed). Anyone know of a fix?

I'm trying to get together a list of what can be removed without losing functions but am also getting ready for my trip to Austin. Hopefully I can get some time in on this at the BBQ.

The trash service issues are affecting a lot of users on both the Atrix and Photon side of things. It's being looked at by myself (Photon) and others (Atrix) and hope to find a solution soon.

Good news from Sogarth in the webtop2sd thread in the Atrix forums.

Reactions: 2JZ GZE

2JZ GZE

Nov 9, 2006
I'm trying to get together a list of what can be removed without losing functions but am also getting ready for my trip to Austin. Hopefully I can get some time in on this at the BBQ.

The trash service issues are affecting a lot of users on both the Atrix and Photon side of things. It's being looked at by myself (Photon) and others (Atrix) and hope to find a solution soon.

Good news from Sogarth in the webtop2sd thread in the Atrix forums.

Thanks! How would I know what programs would work in this environment? I tried to install Opera but an error message kept coming out.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Last edited:

slyder33

Jul 9, 2007
I have been trying this since last night and keep running in to the same thing and am not sure why. I get as far as installing and running synaptic, however after I install everything and reboot the phone and plug it in the most I get is my phone display showing on the webtop the xfdesktop never starts so I have reverted my osh to try again. Any thought, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated I really want to get this up and running!!!

2JZ GZE

Nov 9, 2006
I have been trying this since last night and keep running in to the same thing and am not sure why. I get as far as installing and running synaptic, however after I install everything and reboot the phone and plug it in the most I get is my phone display showing on the webtop the xfdesktop never starts so I have reverted my osh to try again. Any thought, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated I really want to get this up and running!!!

Make sure you comment out correct items and also spell the items you are adding correctly. I had the same issue...oh yea, also make sure you restart your phone after each correction

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I also have an issue of my desktop disappearing and then my old webtop wallpaper showing up. This happens sporadically and wont go away till i restart the phone...any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M BACK!!!

After having to back away from development and the community for a while for numerous reasons I'm back. I have a ton of PM's (mostly OMAP release requests) to read as well as threads so I'm playing catch up.

My goals for UT/WT+ will be another base change as well as a unified locked/unlocked version for Tegra2 devices. This will increase install time significantly but allow those with locked phones running Gingerbread the ability to use UT/WT+. I may release a fast installer version of the upcoming new release but make no promises. There is still no UT/WT+ solution for ICS and JBean users so please don't ask.

I will also be updating the website and changing a few things to make D/L's a bit easier for folks. So, yes I'm back but it may be a few days before new releases and site updates appear.
    I haven't forgotten about Ubuntop, just been busy with life. With repos dropping off and the brickwall that Avant has become it has changed the game significantly. I was almost finished with an XFCE "Unity look" build that would have fit on the Atrix then packages started disappearing from the repos. Had I known this I would have never put all that time into going through packages one by one to see what I could remove to get XFCE to fit.

Since then I've been trying to get something that is based on more current code while trying to get it to fit on an Atrix. Right now it's down to a base Puppy Debian ARM build but this now requires I build a working Puppy image that duplicates Canonical's and Moto's work with little to go on. There's also my desire to have such support implemented in AOSP so you guys are not stuck on GB. With many of the other webtop/moto devs having moved on this is a slow process.

I am also planning a relaunch of the website in January with at least one familiar name added to the Imperium banner.

Hey guys,

I've followed the instructions exactly as described, but I'm running into 2 problems:

1. I've run Webtop2sd without any errors thrown. Unfortunately, even though disk analyzer shows 2gb of space available on a 3gb partition, synaptic and apt-get are throwing an error essentially saying I don't have enough space to install the software I have attempted (OpenOffice, vlc).

2. Some of the repositories included by default do not seem to exist anymore.

From terminal in Ubuntop, run this command "df -h" and let me know what you get.

As far as the repos disappearing, Webtop was based on some very old code. The problem is that on the Atrix, getting an updated Ubuntu build to fit inside the 750MB partition is near impossible as even Maverick is dropping off as well.

Will UbunTop run over HDMI? I have an Otterbox Defender case and don't want to take the case off to drop it into the HD dock so I'd like to run it over HDMI (with bluetooth mouse/keyboard).

I did find a thread "[Q] Forcing Webtop over HDMI Cable" but it requires replacing several files so I was wondering if that trick would work for UbunTop?

If your ROM doesn't already support it then use nebtop.

If installing a new Gingerbread ROM, how can I preserve my Ubuntop setup?

Copy /data/home to you SDCard
    install your rom but do not format /osh
    after you set up your rom, copy your backup of /data/home back to the phone

This will preserve any customizations you have done to the desktop as well as any files/shortcuts you may have created.
    I've been trying to get together as much data as I can regarding the six Tegra2 devices that Moto dropped (eight if read by model number) as well as trying to locate the bloody ICS and JB Photon leaks (do not ask how I know they exist). I have also been trying to get what info I have to the proper press outlets like I did on Friday to break the news and reaching out to Moto via public and official means. As a result my dev time has been limited.

I can't remember if I uploaded the new menupatch yet for 1.1.0 but will try to get that taken care of. I also have not received much feedback from Imperium members regarding Beta 1.2.0. I'm still working on things but I hope folks understand that I'm also trying to help Moto Tegra2 owners as a whole.