The HTC One X Camera Support thread

Search This thread

lcampori

Jan 29, 2011
bergamo
I can't walk around with a Canon to every cigar smoking place...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

why not? It sounds like an interesting photographic project, by the way, so you'd better use your best tool.
back to your issue.
we're removing one variable at a time: now you shoot try to pass your phone to someone who gets pics right with his own phone and see if it has something to do with your personal technique. or you can try with someone else's hox. I don't want to sound too harsh, just do not rule out any possibility.

Reactions: abejoker

abejoker

Jan 26, 2012
why not? It sounds like an interesting photographic project, by the way, so you'd better use your best tool.
back to your issue.
we're removing one variable at a time: now you shoot try to pass your phone to someone who gets pics right with his own phone and see if it has something to do with your personal technique. or you can try with someone else's hox. I don't want to sound too harsh, just do not rule out any possibility.

Not harsh at all. I appreciate it. I tried it...friend of mine took my phone and I took his. I got a really good picture, he got it blurry. Definitely, it is my phone.

marzinho

Mar 17, 2010
Really... You expect people to believe you?

Sent from my HTC One X

Well, i wrote it might look weird, but it works for me. Why it works? Probably because lenses are still mechanical, and for some reason they dont move to reach focus...

Here you have samples, before

IMAG0003.jpg

and after

IMAG0004.jpg

"the trick":

Reactions: abejoker

abejoker

Jan 26, 2012
Well, i wrote it might look weird, but it works for me. Why it works? Probably because lenses are still mechanical, and for some reason they dont move to reach focus...

Here you have samples, before

IMAG0003.jpg

and after

IMAG0004.jpg

"the trick":

Glad it works for you, but I am not gonna have a phone that I need to hit to work properly -_-

Nathalex27

Jun 8, 2011
Zoetermeer
Worst camera i had since omnia 2. ( well it's my gf's but anyway)
Bad auto focus while shooting video. Twitchy too. Indoor low light is just awefull out of focus blurry grainy...t-mobile wouldn't take it back but was aware of the issue. Htc wouldn't either but denied knowledge of an issue.

I searched on the net and found like a dozen threads about this crap camera and put it to them like this :

"these are my findings on the web. You will take back this phone of wich you advertise it has a good camera but is just not working properly as it damn well should for that kind of money, or will sue you."

She now has a galaxy s3.
Much better.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Monk2000

Jun 21, 2012
Worst camera i had since omnia 2. ( well it's my gf's but anyway)
Bad auto focus while shooting video. Twitchy too. Indoor low light is just awefull out of focus blurry grainy...t-mobile wouldn't take it back but was aware of the issue. Htc wouldn't either but denied knowledge of an issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Haha, true somehow :D - but i bought this device not to become a star photographer rather to use it as a smartphone. ;)
When it's bright, the camera is quite okay - without enough light it is grainy and a kind of green ( :confused: ) . The front camera is awefull - anyway, i like the phone :D

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

germanojose

May 24, 2010
Well, try this - turn the screen off with camera on, hit your camera lens in you knee, or knuckles couple of times (pretty hard, with the equivalent force of clapping, for example), and try to take a pic.

I KNOW, it sounds like a pile of bull****, but works for me...

It works for me putting the hand in front of the the camera, but I test this method too, and works too. hehehee Thanks.

kris234

Nov 27, 2010
Hey guys i was looking at the topic with the best picture taken with HOX and i was really amazed. But i cant take a pictures like that
Im starting to think that with another ROM and Camera mod i can make the camera better. Does somebody tested with the mods ?
i dont wanna root my phone yet cuz its too risky atm i think ... or i am wrong/

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Hey guys i was looking at the topic with the best picture taken with HOX and i was really amazed. But i cant take a pictures like that
Im starting to think that with another ROM and Camera mod i can make the camera better. Does somebody tested with the mods ?
i dont wanna root my phone yet cuz its too risky atm i think ... or i am wrong/

The pictures I posted on that thread were all done on stock firmware. Taking a picture is more than just pointing and shooting. Takes time effort and planning.

Try the HDR mode for still subjects.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

brekfest

May 7, 2012
I recently rooted and am now on Viper XL, it seems the camera is doing a better job of macro focusing than before. Since I'm on At&t, this is the first time I've had access to Sense 4+ so maybe it's something HTC adjusted.

Last edited:

omondisingh

Dec 2, 2010
Colnbrook
Hi guys, I was comparing the HTC One camera to the HOX and I noticed that the white balance is a bit off with the HOX. Under fluorescent light pictures appear yellow. I blame the fluorescent setting in the white balance. Is there a way to manually reduce the yellowness?

rogekk

Jul 31, 2008
] HTC ONE X camera produces red hue with flash after JB update

Hello
Since i updated to Jelly Bean (4.1.1) from Ice-cream Sandwich (4.0.4), i have had a problem taking pictures at NIGHT especially with my flash on .

1. The picture is reddish when flash is on.
2. You can only take good shot when HDR is on but you cant trust HDR because sometimes the pictures come out ghostly.
3. Even if i set ISO to 800 (MAX) with flash on the picture is still reddish

(Please refer to the attachment for examples)

When i tried to take picture with a friends One x who has Jelly bean (4.1.1) he never had and reddish hue in his pictures.
So i figure this is a problem with the software on my phone.

I have tried both soft and hard resetting and factory resetting , i have also tried putting camera setting to default but no luck

Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks
Rogekk

abejoker

Jan 26, 2012
Crappy camera at close distance. Hate it, even tho I believe this is one of the best phones ever. It can't focus well on Macro shots or close shots.

zanfo

Jul 16, 2005
Hi guys,I want to buy this phone in plus version.The only thing that not convince me is the camera.In review s3 camera is better,but I'd like to know if now,with new htc upgrade,camera is at the s3 level.Need a honest opinion....thanks!

v0 HaVoK 0v

Apr 10, 2011
Newtowncunningham
Hey, I noticed this a while now, but haven't really brought it up. Since the jelly bean update my htc one x video quality has been terrible.
In ICS it may have been only 25fps, but atleast the quality is good. This is 30fps, but its horrible quality.
It gets all blocky when looking around, so much that you can barely tell what your looking at.
I haven't seen anyone else talking about this, so I'm wondering if its only me?
Here is a short example.

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Hi guys,I want to buy this phone in plus version.The only thing that not convince me is the camera.In review s3 camera is better,but I'd like to know if now,with new htc upgrade,camera is at the s3 level.Need a honest opinion....thanks!

I'm sure if you read another review then it would say one x has a better one.

Truth is if you use any camera on auto its not going to be as good as if you set all the options manually.

Phones take good pictures they never take fantastic ones and s3 and one x are about the same as each other camera wise.

I would be deciding on the basis of screen, build materials and sense vs touchwiz.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I’ve decided to start this thread to ask for your help in creating a central One X Camera Support thread.

Please feel free to share all your experience, best tips & tricks, advice, links and anything else you may feel useful. Also feel free to ask questions if you're having trouble!

Over the coming days, weeks and months, I’ll do my best to organise useful info within this first post to help people get the info they need quickly and easilly. I’ll also try to put together some tutorials of my own as we go along.

Cheers,
    Bugsy.

Here's a tiny selection to be going on with. There are many more to come, and I'll find a way to make it more tidy soon:

Why are my photos 6MP instead of 8MP?

While the One X can take 8 megapixel images (and will do with a simple change of settings), the phone’s CMOS sensor is designed to capture images with a different aspect ratio to that of the phone’s physical display (4:3 vs 16:9 respectively). What this means, is that 8 megapixel photos don’t fill the entire display and result in black bands being shown down either side of the image. To combat this, HTC include (and enable by default) a widescreen option that crops the image to make it fill the entire screen. This results in a more visually appealing look that makes full use of the screen's real estate.

If you want to disable this function and capture full 8MP photos, you can do this quite easily via the camera’s settings menu (Settings>Camera Options>Widescreen).

If you’d like to know more about the effect this option has on functionality and image quality, I’ve put together a short video that may help:

http://youtu.be/JU-NLQrjb9w

When I start recording HD video, my camera zooms in. Why is that?

This is often thought to stem from only a small portion of the sensor being used for video capture. However, In the case of the One X, the main cause appears to be the result of pixels being reserved for Image Stabilisation. By cropping the camera’s view, HTC are able to use the spare pixels from outside the visible frame to counteract motion. The downside is a limited Field of View.

Currently, the effect of Real Time Image Stabilisation seems quite limited, so you may wish to trade this feature for a better viewing angle. Thankfully, HTC do allow you to do this via the settings menu (Settings>Video Options>Stabilisation). By disabling this option, you will gain (almost) the same field of view that you have in standard widescreen photo mode. The difference will be more visible in 720p mode due to the different capturing technique used.

I want to take low Light photos without using the flash. Is ISO 800 the maximum setting I can use?

ISO 800 is the highest level that you can select manually, but the phone will use anything up to ISO1250 if you leave the ISO mode set to Auto (or if you use Low Light Scene mode, which overrides any manual setting). Unfortunately there isn’t currently a way to manually select anything higher than ISO800 within the stock app.

The 4:3 live preview image doesn’t look sharp

This appears to be a software scaling issue that affects the stock app. Hopefully HTC will fix this in a future software update.

Will using a screen protector on the lens affect picture quality?

Image quality is really quite subjective. What one person considers a distinct loss of quality, another may consider negligible. Personally, I wouldn’t use one, as even the best protectors cause some degree of image degradation.

Having said this, you really have to consider your own personal situation. Are you someone that puts your phone in your pocket without a case or pouch? Do you have young children that might put the phone on a rough surface without considering the consequence? One thing is for sure – a screen protector will cause fewer problems than a lens covered with scratches!

White or light objects have a glow around them, especially when it’s sunny

This problem is, almost without fail, the result of finger prints on the lens (or possibly a lens protector if you have one). You’d be surprised how the smallest greasy mark can affect the picture in this way. Unfortunately, lens HTC’s lens design does little to help keep the lens clean.
    I'll get the discussion ball rolling. 16:9 or 4:3, I can't decide.

He he.. People are going to think I put you up to that question when they see my reply. :)

Here's a video I prepared earlier:

Bugsy.
    Does anyone have a solution for the green picture problem when using the flash?

Flash isn't the problem, the device in the picture is :laugh::laugh:
    Message on behalf of Bugsy

Hello,

I'm a close friend of Bugsy and he has asked me to log into his account and post this message on his behalf.

Bugsy is quite ill right now, so he's likely to be spending a good week or so stuck in bed. He seemed very concerned about some work that was only part finished and wanted you to know that he'll be back as soon as he can. He also sends his apologies to anyone that might be awaiting a reply from him.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    Just wanted to do the right thing Bugsy, especially when you've put so much work into this :)

Changing the subject if anyone would like to see a comparision I did between the stock camera app, Camera ICS, Camera 360 and Camera FV-5, please check out the following link.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/htc-one/discuss/72157629696073156/