[Q] Emergency, ROM failed to load, nearly bricked?

Search This thread

8thsiner

Feb 24, 2012
I tried putting in a rom earlier for my note 3 and it didn't take.
I ended up on that, vibration boot loop.

Odin still worked fine so I tried putting in an original stock rom with root, so I can add recovery.
I could not actually find a fully suitable rom choice, and the samsung website didn't play well with me either. firstly it would not let me register for some reason...anyway.
I am UK on O2 running 9005 SO I put in N9005XXUDMJ7-PRE-ROOTED-KNOX-FREE-ODEX-BL-FREE
I don't know if that was the right choice, I set it up on PDA, and unclicked partition

It's been stuck possibly hanging on ext4 sys for over an hour.
The references I have seen suggest it takes a long time but how long is too long?

I don't want to pull the plug to brick the device completely.
I have a cwm recovery so all I need is to put the recovery back in and I should be good to go...

If this is hanging, what other options do I have?
How long is too long?

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated, and a drinks on me...
I am kinda freaking out, have seen similar threads, but because the firmwares are so different they didn't really help..or perhaps I misread things...but nothing really covered not being able to load the recovery software itself
consider me lizard brain in freak out mode right now..

please reply promptly with something.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Odin mode only. But it's still hanging.And I am worried that if I pull it now it's going to brick it and not even give me access to ODIN.

Over one hour is too long to flash something even a full stock rom. Something is wrong there.

So you're saying you have no access to an original stock rom of your phone? If there is a problem like this flashing, I would flash the stock rom first then just root and install cwm. The first thing you want to do is have a working phone then just do the other stuff after like rooting, etc..

If what you posted is your stock rom, then download here and flash through odin.

There's also a newer one which is MK2 which you can download here.

Either one is stock.

Reactions: 8thsiner

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
That sorted me out thank you very much.

If you got a pay9all or something let me know, drink on me

Mate the reason you got into trouble was you weren't flashing a stock rom...
N9005XXUDMJ7-PRE-ROOTED-KNOX-FREE-ODEX-BL-FREE means it has been altered and is considered custom...
A stock rom has not been altered.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you still boot to cwm or download mode only?
    Odin mode only. But it's still hanging.And I am worried that if I pull it now it's going to brick it and not even give me access to ODIN.

Over one hour is too long to flash something even a full stock rom. Something is wrong there.

So you're saying you have no access to an original stock rom of your phone? If there is a problem like this flashing, I would flash the stock rom first then just root and install cwm. The first thing you want to do is have a working phone then just do the other stuff after like rooting, etc..

If what you posted is your stock rom, then download here and flash through odin.

There's also a newer one which is MK2 which you can download here.

Either one is stock.
    That sorted me out thank you very much.

If you got a pay9all or something let me know, drink on me