[Q] NEED HELP : My phone behaves itself in installing applications

Search This thread

gurudevj

Mar 24, 2014
chennai
Hi all,

I am using lava xolo Q2000 model mobile with android jelly bean in it.

I m used to games a lot, So I have gone for apps which are not from google play. There my mistake strsrts, at that time my mobile performance and all were good.

But later the following problems started,

1. The display just turned off and I can able to sense and hear the application is still running but only the screen turned off, when I am rebooting my mobile it gets OK and working fine - Is this problem on hardware or its OS or because of any third party app installed ?
2. Whenever I switching ON my network connection the mobile itself installs random apps by itself :confused: :( the frequent one getting installed is flappy bird. I keep on unistalling it several times it is getting installed everytime I m getting internet connection - If it was an issue with the virus from third party apps please help me in how to remove them ?

I know there were many android geeks around in this forum, So I am here to meet them by answering and helping me....

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi all,

I am using lava xolo Q2000 model mobile with android jelly bean in it.

I m used to games a lot, So I have gone for apps which are not from google play. There my mistake strsrts, at that time my mobile performance and all were good.

But later the following problems started,

1. The display just turned off and I can able to sense and hear the application is still running but only the screen turned off, when I am rebooting my mobile it gets OK and working fine - Is this problem on hardware or its OS or because of any third party app installed ?
2. Whenever I switching ON my network connection the mobile itself installs random apps by itself :confused: :( the frequent one getting installed is flappy bird. I keep on unistalling it several times it is getting installed everytime I m getting internet connection - If it was an issue with the virus from third party apps please help me in how to remove them ?

I know there were many android geeks around in this forum, So I am here to meet them by answering and helping me....

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

First question: What apps did you install?

And next one: Did you uninstall all of them after facing this issues?

Are you rooted yet?

gurudevj

Mar 24, 2014
chennai
First question: What apps did you install?

And next one: Did you uninstall all of them after facing this issues?

Are you rooted yet?

No I haven't rooted.

I cant differentiate which are from android market and what are from outside of it :( .

I have un-installed most of the apps that I suspect, but few might be still in phone :mad:

Could you please tell me how to find the difference from the sources.

Are you sure uninstalling them will avoid the behavior completely. please help me . Do I need to Factory reset ?

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
No I haven't rooted.

I cant differentiate which are from android market and what are from outside of it :( .

I have un-installed most of the apps that I suspect, but few might be still in phone :mad:

Could you please tell me how to find the difference from the sources.

Are you sure uninstalling them will avoid the behavior completely. please help me . Do I need to Factory reset ?

best way to control is phone is the root acces.

First you should install some avast antivirus. Normally google play checks every application for unwished content.

I do many installs manually without google checking my apps and also i dont use some antivirus, because i feel very familiar with my setup.

Here you can find AVAST apk Wasn't that easy to find without googgle Play... see if it reports you some malware :)

gurudevj

Mar 24, 2014
chennai
best way to control is phone is the root acces.

First you should install some avast antivirus. Normally google play checks every application for unwished content.

I do many installs manually without google checking my apps and also i dont use some antivirus, because i feel very familiar with my setup.

Here you can find AVAST apk Wasn't that easy to find without googgle Play... see if it reports you some malware :)

Nice
I forgot to specify one thing,

I was using lookout(free version) for a long time and it hasn't detected anything. But one strange thing is lookout's logo on top left of mobile was green but it turned black and white for few days where this problem persists.

Should I need to uninstall it and then install avast or both in the mobile wont be harm to the mobile right? because two antivirus in same device I don't now what will happen.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Nice

I was using lookout(free version) for a long time and it hasn't detected anything. But one strange thing is lookout's logo on top left of mobile was green but it turned black and white for few days where this problem persists.

Should I need to uninstall it and then install avast or both in the mobile wont be harm to the mobile right? because two antivirus in same device I don't now what will happen.

just once a time. avast is best i suppose. And generally you should uninstall every app thta missbehaves noticeable to you.

Reactions: gurudevj

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
Try to install an antivirus . Virus can make this problem .

If you have root access just temporary unroot it .

Or please restore your backup if you had .

Hope I helped .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Try to install an antivirus . Virus can make this problem .

If you have root access just temporary unroot it .

Or please restore your backup if you had .

Hope I helped .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DID YOU EVEN READ the post?

He just installed Antivirus as i adviced

AND he just wrote hes not rooted @ all

:p

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
What is OTA update and custom ROM ?

I have installed AVAST as suggested by LS.xD .

I have scanned and found a result of no malwares. Ok lets hang on for some times with avast and see if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot LS.xD .

All files to get here-->Xolo Q2000 ROOT + UNROOT + STOCK

BUT i explain it to your a little shorter just hold on a minute ;)

OTA(on the air) update:

OTA is a stock rom (also used as an update) released by the manufacturer of your phone. E.g. update Android 4.12 -> 4.22.

OTAs are very unsecure to use as you can update from running system which great chace of getting issues or a fully crashed rom ar in worst case a brick. Cause the update can be affected by installed apps, running processes, wrong executed scripts and so on. If you look on XDA you will find a lot posts of people with phones got different kinds of problems and issues while using ota on a system tahts already in use.

RUU/FIRMWARE --> is a full system image that will be installed via usb cable an a updtae tool running on your computer or a special "Flashtool"
This will work pretty good and safe AS IT RESETS YOUR SETTINGS back to stock so you will not have any errors in most cases and also can restore a phone that crashed before.

No matter if OTA or FIRMWARE (provided files can be identically by the way) its NECESSARRY to install only version fitting your phone type and may be region an carrier/provider. Wrong files will definitely BRICK your phone.

ROOT ist the lowest storage area you can acces. E.g. if you put i file direct on your sd-card its on the root of it. The internal storage is splitted due to different needs of android. On a stock rom many folders or partitions can't be accessed by the user or grant just permissions to "read" files BUT NOT edit or delete them.

ROOT ACCES (or called offen just ROOT/ED) means that you have forced to changes the devives settings to grant user FULL ACCES and WRITE/DELETE ability on every part of the storage in your phone. Thats really powerfull, bacause the most "GOOD" features you can only use if this acces is granted to you e.g.
- DELETE preinstalled but NOT NEEDED apps
- Control network by using a REAL firewall
- Controll all processes on your phone
- using a adblocker
- backup / restore every part of your system/data
- use different file systems
-overclock / undervolt CPU
- MUCH MUCH MORE

BUT its RISKY if you dont know about how to act right and you can easily CRASH your installation or even FULLY DESTROY your phone if you set things that simply will kill teh hardware or delete files needed to get android working

UNROOT (disabling root acces)

and the best of all:

CUSTOM ROM:

Android is open source so every one eho can develope it by pgrogramming may modify/improve it and also add new features. Stock roms are always SLOW/FULL WITH CRAP allow just a few settings ti interface performance and how the device should behave or even NOT BEHAVE. Stocks have in most cases lots of apps preinstalled which are locked by default. So ycant delete/stop them. Means that may be some apps you NEVER USE alsways RUN IN BACKGROUND. That handled like that for systems are force to beeing much slower/laggier/customizable as android technology and the used hardware would provide it. + the user installed preferred apps additionally ;) During long use rom will also slow down more an more. That in best case after a year or may be two you just think OMG i need a new phone for sure. Then your manufacturer tells you LOOK at this all new features... (May be they were just holded back and not related so hardware in many cases) For example my old Galaxy W (from 2011) runs a highly modded, slimmed and customized to my personal needs Android 4.4.2 KitKat rom, as you get with the latest generation phones. Of course the device is old ad has outdatted hardware, but newest android itself runs really good :D

So to get the best experience from your phone you need to remove all restriction possible. Unlock/root/security flag off so that u can really use what you want and DELETE anything you don't need/like/slow down phone/track and sniff your personal data. every Stock phone knows A LOT abour who you are and what you're going... Of course also a custom rom will need data to work. But at least you can control every single app. Set every permission of all apps or even trick sensor datas to give apps faked data if they should not track you.

As you can read: i really love to modify phones xD

Last edited:

gurudevj

Mar 24, 2014
chennai
Hi LS,

Thanks for the long explanation given for my question. :good:

I have tried out something about my problem and faced the issue again.

I wanted to know whether the virus is in mobile or SD card so I removed SD card and made internet connection and again the same problem persisted.

The following are the apps getting automatically installed are,
Playapp
UC browser mini
Flappy bird

I planned to take backups and factory reset my phone .
Could you please guide me..

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi LS,

Thanks for the long explanation given for my question. :good:

I have tried out something about my problem and faced the issue again.

I wanted to know whether the virus is in mobile or SD card so I removed SD card and made internet connection and again the same problem persisted.

The following are the apps getting automatically installed are,
Playapp
UC browser mini
Flappy bird

I planned to take backups and factory reset my phone .
Could you please guide me..

Did you read the Guide already?

gurudevj

Mar 24, 2014
chennai
Yes I have read and I have some other confusions ,
Whether my phone is in affected state now if I root it then virus could get feel into and turned my phone to brick?

Also whenever I heard of rooting it always makes me afraid of bricking by myself..

That's why I have decided for an factory reset ..
Please give me your suggestion on this ..

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Whether my phone is in affected state now if I root it then virus could get feel into and turned my phone to brick?

Also whenever I heard of rooting it always makes me afraid of bricking by myself..

I cant tell you what is affected or not. FULL wipe and installing Stockrom Q2000 provides best chance to get rid of "IT".

I just google how to.

You should backup Pictures, Contacts

You should NOT try to restore any APP data as long you don't know why your phone begaves like that...

EDIT:

If afraid of possible brick, then try factory reset.

If that doesn't help you can contact me and i'll help you flashing stockrom.

Last edited:

gurudevj

Mar 24, 2014
chennai
Issue solved

Hi LS,

I have taken all my contents a back up and made a factory reset. Now my phone behaves genuine.

And one more important thing is I have avoided installing third party apk's.:eek:

But I am fond of heavy games much ... could you please let me know how I can avoid data usage for getting heavy games.

Thanks,
LS

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi LS,

I have taken all my contents a back up and made a factory reset. Now my phone behaves genuine.

And one more important thing is I have avoided installing third party apk's.:eek:

But I am fond of heavy games much ... could you please let me know how I can avoid data usage for getting heavy games.

Thanks,
LS

Ich don't understand the question about heavy games :(

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)

Arun Sathiyan

May 12, 2014
playApp

Hi

I am also having the same problem with my xolo q2000

But i know the cause for this is due to the bloatware "playApp" that comes with the phone

Its an imitation of play store
When connected to network its shows notification adds of apps like
Flappy bird
Funweather
Uc browser etc

After some time those apps gets downloded automatically and launch themself
I found apk files for those apps in my sd card/playApp/downloads folder
And there are other folder in sd card like
PlayPay
Playpush
PPlay
Othet folders are
Data/data/me.powerplay.playapp
Mnt/asec-/me.powerplay.playapp-1 inside this folder there is file pkg.apk with app icon
I rooted my phone using eroot pc software and installed Root toolbox app
and uninstalled the playApp.It was fine for some time and then
after one or two days the playApp application automatically installs itself
and the whole problem starts again i tried uninstalling and deleteing all folders
i thought was related to playApp,deleted files in folders including data folder in restricted folders
But the same thing happend again playApp auto installed and installed other applications

One more thing even though it came with the phone its listed as a userapp
and is not found in the phones app manager
Is there a way to solve this plroblem?

This is my first post and i know only few basic technical things that i read from the net and experimented

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice

just once a time. avast is best i suppose. And generally you should uninstall every app thta missbehaves noticeable to you.
    What is OTA update and custom ROM ?

I have installed AVAST as suggested by LS.xD .

I have scanned and found a result of no malwares. Ok lets hang on for some times with avast and see if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot LS.xD .

All files to get here-->Xolo Q2000 ROOT + UNROOT + STOCK

BUT i explain it to your a little shorter just hold on a minute ;)

OTA(on the air) update:

OTA is a stock rom (also used as an update) released by the manufacturer of your phone. E.g. update Android 4.12 -> 4.22.

OTAs are very unsecure to use as you can update from running system which great chace of getting issues or a fully crashed rom ar in worst case a brick. Cause the update can be affected by installed apps, running processes, wrong executed scripts and so on. If you look on XDA you will find a lot posts of people with phones got different kinds of problems and issues while using ota on a system tahts already in use.

RUU/FIRMWARE --> is a full system image that will be installed via usb cable an a updtae tool running on your computer or a special "Flashtool"
    This will work pretty good and safe AS IT RESETS YOUR SETTINGS back to stock so you will not have any errors in most cases and also can restore a phone that crashed before.

No matter if OTA or FIRMWARE (provided files can be identically by the way) its NECESSARRY to install only version fitting your phone type and may be region an carrier/provider. Wrong files will definitely BRICK your phone.

ROOT ist the lowest storage area you can acces. E.g. if you put i file direct on your sd-card its on the root of it. The internal storage is splitted due to different needs of android. On a stock rom many folders or partitions can't be accessed by the user or grant just permissions to "read" files BUT NOT edit or delete them.

ROOT ACCES (or called offen just ROOT/ED) means that you have forced to changes the devives settings to grant user FULL ACCES and WRITE/DELETE ability on every part of the storage in your phone. Thats really powerfull, bacause the most "GOOD" features you can only use if this acces is granted to you e.g.
    - DELETE preinstalled but NOT NEEDED apps
    - Control network by using a REAL firewall
    - Controll all processes on your phone
    - using a adblocker
    - backup / restore every part of your system/data
    - use different file systems
    -overclock / undervolt CPU
    - MUCH MUCH MORE

BUT its RISKY if you dont know about how to act right and you can easily CRASH your installation or even FULLY DESTROY your phone if you set things that simply will kill teh hardware or delete files needed to get android working

UNROOT (disabling root acces)

and the best of all:

CUSTOM ROM:

Android is open source so every one eho can develope it by pgrogramming may modify/improve it and also add new features. Stock roms are always SLOW/FULL WITH CRAP allow just a few settings ti interface performance and how the device should behave or even NOT BEHAVE. Stocks have in most cases lots of apps preinstalled which are locked by default. So ycant delete/stop them. Means that may be some apps you NEVER USE alsways RUN IN BACKGROUND. That handled like that for systems are force to beeing much slower/laggier/customizable as android technology and the used hardware would provide it. + the user installed preferred apps additionally ;) During long use rom will also slow down more an more. That in best case after a year or may be two you just think OMG i need a new phone for sure. Then your manufacturer tells you LOOK at this all new features... (May be they were just holded back and not related so hardware in many cases) For example my old Galaxy W (from 2011) runs a highly modded, slimmed and customized to my personal needs Android 4.4.2 KitKat rom, as you get with the latest generation phones. Of course the device is old ad has outdatted hardware, but newest android itself runs really good :D

So to get the best experience from your phone you need to remove all restriction possible. Unlock/root/security flag off so that u can really use what you want and DELETE anything you don't need/like/slow down phone/track and sniff your personal data. every Stock phone knows A LOT abour who you are and what you're going... Of course also a custom rom will need data to work. But at least you can control every single app. Set every permission of all apps or even trick sensor datas to give apps faked data if they should not track you.

As you can read: i really love to modify phones xD

I cant tell you what is affected or not. FULL wipe and installing Stockrom Q2000 provides best chance to get rid of "IT".

I just google how to.

You should backup Pictures, Contacts

You should NOT try to restore any APP data as long you don't know why your phone begaves like that...

EDIT:

If afraid of possible brick, then try factory reset.

If that doesn't help you can contact me and i'll help you flashing stockrom.