[Recovery][U8800Pro] Unofficial CWM Recovery v5.0.2.3

Search This thread

NForce25

Apr 10, 2010
Vilnius
I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

It took a while to get this working. But with lots of help from stockwell, I've managed to do this. So here it is, a working recovery for U8800Pro. Install process is no different from U8800: you get into purple screen, replace original recovery.img with this new one and that's all.

What's not working:
  • USB MS toggle

What's working:
  • Everything else (as far as I've tested)

P.S. to devs: init scripts are still a bit of a mess, ueventd is not being used, any help is welcome! :)

P.P.S Also credits to Tommixoft, for his support, some files I needed and some advices! :)

P.P.P.S original thread containing install instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288223 (don't forget to press "thanks" button on the original post by stockwell ;) )

Attachments

• clockworkmod-recovery-v5.0.2.3-u8800pro.img.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 16,118
Last edited:

Tommixoft

Aug 12, 2011
Jee.. sveikinu,kad pagaliau turi tai prie ko taip dirbai! :D

Well this is first step for Pro version users to the custom roms/kernels and all non pro privileges :D

Last edited:

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Hi.....
I bought my U8800 pro today (2.2.2 froyo).
I root it with superoneclick v2.2.....
I install this recovery (5.0.2.3)...
And i would like to ask users ,if you made a back up then the restore working good or anyone has any problems with restoring back up??

Sent from my U8800 Pro using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

It took a while to get this working. But with lots of help from stockwell, I've managed to do this. So here it is, a working recovery for U8800Pro. Install process is no different from U8800: you get into purple screen, replace original recovery.img with this new one and that's all.

What's not working:
    • USB MS toggle

What's working:
    • Everything else (as far as I've tested)

P.S. to devs: init scripts are still a bit of a mess, ueventd is not being used, any help is welcome! :)

P.P.S Also credits to Tommixoft, for his support, some files I needed and some advices! :)

P.P.P.S original thread containing install instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288223 (don't forget to press "thanks" button on the original post by stockwell ;) )
    Jee.. sveikinu,kad pagaliau turi tai prie ko taip dirbai! :D

Well this is first step for Pro version users to the custom roms/kernels and all non pro privileges :D