[Q] Soft bricked and in need of help...

Search This thread

Low00Ranger

Jul 31, 2010
So, I rebooted my phone yesterday. When it restarted it came up to the "touch the android to begin" screen. Kind of wierd. I had been running cm7 for the last few months. After I went through and set everything up, I tried to reinstall a few of my apps. But, it wouldn't let me install anything. It kept saying that there wasn't enough memory. I tried rebooting. It was right back to the set up screen. I thought, "no big deal. I'll just sbf back to stock and start over"

This is where the soft bricking started. I tried to SBF back to 2.3.4. It failed. Although, it will try to boot. It's currently boot looping the stock animation.

RSD will make it to the point where it tries to reboot to BP pass through. It'll get to around 9%. Then, it fails and gives this error.

"failed flashing process. failed flashing process. interface ap-os:failed flashing subscriber unit. device api error: 0xe0020093 Address: 0x800120 Command: ADDR (0xE0222093): phone connected"

It will boot rsd. But, it will fail. I also tried wiping data. But, it just hangs there.

Is there a way to fix this? Or, is it completely screwed?

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
The memory err makes me think you have a bad dx2.
Also rsd failing seems to confirm this. Rsd always works!

Last edited:

Low00Ranger

Jul 31, 2010
Sorry about the confusion. My wording sucked on that one.

RSDlite continues to fail.

I'll have to try ezsbf. Hopefully it will work.

Also, I forgot to add to the OP, it will also hang when trying to wipe data or cache in stock recovery.

Low00Ranger

Jul 31, 2010
Yep. It's toast.... ezSBF made it through. Then, It hung at wiping data.

Now, I get several errors in stock recovery. All of which start with, "E: Can't mount /recovery/..."

On a better note, I took it back to verizon. I'm now the proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus. Honestly, I think it has more problems than the X2. The signal strength is just trash... I think it's going back tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what to swap it for? Razr Maxx or rezound??

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Yep. It's toast.... ezSBF made it through. Then, It hung at wiping data.

Now, I get several errors in stock recovery. All of which start with, "E: Can't mount /recovery/..."

On a better note, I took it back to verizon. I'm now the proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus. Honestly, I think it has more problems than the X2. The signal strength is just trash... I think it's going back tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what to swap it for? Razr Maxx or rezound??

Alright NEW PLAN GUYS

How do we **** up our ram so we get Nexuses?

(this is assuming Ranger got it subsidized lol)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
You know I have been waiting for someone to confirm what I thought was true about these htc & sami phones- they suck as phones. Not just you but others won't admit it even. Lol.

Last edited:

Low00Ranger

Jul 31, 2010
I think you're right. The razr may be the way to go. Although, I haven't read much about any of the new htc phones. I loved my old hero. That thing was a tank! A mile out on lake erie... No problem. Not Roaming. No mysterious $700 phone bill. It just worked. I was really hoping the same would be true of the rezound.

As far as the Galaxy Nexus is concerned, it's like dating a supermodel with brain damage... Sure, she's sexy, and she'll let you do anything you want to her. But, taking her out of the house is an embarrassment. She's utterly useless....

Reactions: CadenH

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
As far as the Galaxy Nexus is concerned, it's like dating a supermodel with brain damage... Sure, she's sexy, and she'll let you do anything you want to her. But, taking her out of the house is an embarrassment. She's utterly useless....

Coolest comparison I've heard in a looong time. Two thumbs up sir!

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
I think you're right. The razr may be the way to go. Although, I haven't read much about any of the new htc phones. I loved my old hero. That thing was a tank! A mile out on lake erie... No problem. Not Roaming. No mysterious $700 phone bill. It just worked. I was really hoping the same would be true of the rezound.

Wow the reception is that bad? I wouldve thought it would at least be decent and good at the basics (speaker phone, reg calls etc)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Low00Ranger

Jul 31, 2010
Quick update in my experience, so far, with the gnex.

After flashing different radio combinations, I'm able to stay connected to the network. With speeds comparable to my x2, or better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.