CWM Defy

Search This thread

Taxman.

May 8, 2012
Hello everyone!
I´ll bother you with a few quick questions:
I have a stock rooted Motorola Defy+ (MB526) which is laggig way too much.
I wanted to wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Is there a stock "Recovery Mode"? Judging from screenshots, i think so. However i can only see the "wipe cache" option. Is the "wipe dalvik cache" option not available in this recovery mode? Can anyone suggest a better way in which i can perform such wipes?

Once again, thanks everyone in advance!

z3ro-grav1ty

Nov 29, 2012
Sydney
Hello everyone!
I wanted to wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Is there a stock "Recovery Mode"? Judging from screenshots, i think so. However i can only see the "wipe cache" option. Is the "wipe dalvik cache" option not available in this recovery mode? Can anyone suggest a better way in which i can perform such wipes?

Wipe dalvik cache isn't available in Stock Recovery Mode - I believe stock is only used to root the phone.

You need a custom recovery - search for 2nd-init (v2.3). That will install a bootmenu which is accessible when the notification light turns blue after you boot your device. When you are in bootmenu, select 'Recovery' then 'Custom Recovery' and it'll take you to a version of CWM. From there go to 'Advanced' and you will see 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' :)
Also from CWM you have the ability to 'Apply .zip files from sdcard' which is how you flash custom ROMs, which could help with your lag issue.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Taxman.

Taxman.

May 8, 2012
Wipe dalvik cache isn't available in Stock Recovery Mode - I believe stock is only used to root the phone.

You need a custom recovery - search for 2nd-init (v2.3). That will install a bootmenu which is accessible when the notification light turns blue after you boot your device. When you are in bootmenu, select 'Recovery' then 'Custom Recovery' and it'll take you to a version of CWM. From there go to 'Advanced' and you will see 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' :)
Also from CWM you have the ability to 'Apply .zip files from sdcard' which is how you flash custom ROMs, which could help with your lag issue.

Hope that helps

Thanks! I was already reading about this. Glad to know i´m on the correct path!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

Hope that helps