[Q] Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 Missing Phone Icon

Search This thread

Rare Reef

Feb 22, 2014
Ok my question is this.

Deep inside my apps manager there is a phone ICON and no phone icon on the tablet anywhere else and no where to access this green icon.

How do I get the Icon from the manager and onto the phone somewhere ?

Its not in any of the trays or apps page etc. Its no where to be found but it exists deep in the apps manager. I dont want to use Voice and all the other BUL$&%T voice over IP junk apps.

I want the green phone Icon that is hidden deep in the device accessed some how

Again
It doesnt let me hard press and move the icon from the manager and its NOT anywhere else on the device.

If you have a real answer that I havent covered above then help me out !!!!
:mad:

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
You must be rooted first and if you want to delete it use no bloat free and if you want to move it use root explorer and system apps are under /system/app or you just go to app manager and turn off anything you want but beware what are you doing

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rare Reef

Rare Reef

Feb 22, 2014
No no
I want to get this button from deep inside the device and access it.

I want to turn the Tab 3 into a phone... Without using the junk apps to do voice over IP

I want it as a direct mobile device

You must be rooted first and if you want to delete it use no bloat free and if you want to move it use root explorer and system apps are under /system/app or you just go to app manager and turn off anything you want but beware what are you doing

12manytimes

Aug 11, 2010
San Francisco
Rare reef did u find an answer? If I use shortcut maker I can see the phone app but I dont know which one 2 use :(

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

jsimonson0

Oct 31, 2011
Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
Rare reef did u find an answer? If I use shortcut maker I can see the phone app but I dont know which one 2 use :(

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Sprint doesn't enable phone calls on the tablets. The closest to tablet Sprint provides with phone functions is the Galaxy Mega.

Until recently you could use Google Voice and a number of other products for data-based voice services, but Google is disabling that in May 2014.

12manytimes

Aug 11, 2010
San Francisco
This tab has voice capabilities for sure...In CDMA ws it reads MIN/MDN...just need to figure out what APKs need to be placed in /system folder ..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jsimonson0

Oct 31, 2011
Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
This tab has voice capabilities for sure...In CDMA ws it reads MIN/MDN...just need to figure out what APKs need to be placed in /system folder ..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The carriers can also enable and disable voice capabilities by line. This issue has been raised with data-network enabled tablets in the past. If the line isn't voice-enabled, no APK is going to change that.

But as always, YMMV.

HotRodV6

Jul 16, 2014
Has anyone ever found a solution to get this working? I have an sim-t217t that is unlocked, using a voice enabled sim on t-mobile and everything works fine except the phone app isn’t showing on the home screen and can’t get it to show and have tried several dialer apps that don’t work either.

I understand Samsung disabled the phone function on the US based tablets, but I’m sure by now someone has figured out a way around it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.