[Q] No service after trying LTE

Search This thread

Angus_xda

Nov 3, 2008
Riverview, NB
Hi

I was playing around with my phone and tried the old hack through the settings screen, *#*#4636#*#*.
Switched it to LTE and set up a new APN for Rogers LTE.
It Didn't work. After more reading I discovered this wouldn't work for me anyway. I have Android 4.4.2 and I don't think my SIM is LTE enabled.
I rebooted thinking it would just go back to the original settings.
It seems to have gone back but now I have No signal at all.

I am with Rogers. I tried going back to the original APN settings and selecting Rogers.
The phone is finding the correct networks for my area.
I tried the Reset to default in the APN settings. This sets the APNs to Rogers LTE and chatr, not the original Rogers APN that I started with.

The phone is rooted but running stock Android 4.4.2.
The baseband seems correct.

What have I done and how do I fix it?
Have I done something to the Rogers SIM?

Thanks

Last edited:

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Hi

I was playing around with my phone and tried the old hack through the settings screen, *#*#4636#*#*.
Switched it to LTE and set up a new APN for Rogers LTE.
It Didn't work. After more reading I discovered this wouldn't work for me anyway. I have Android 4.4.2 and I don't think my SIM is LTE enabled.
I rebooted thinking it would just go back to the original settings.
It seems to have gone back but now I have No signal at all.

I am with Rogers. I tried going back to the original APN settings and selecting Rogers.
The phone is finding the correct networks for my area.
I tried the Reset to default in the APN settings. This sets the APNs to Rogers LTE and chatr, not the original Rogers APN that I started with.

The phone is rooted but running stock Android 4.4.2.
The baseband seems correct.

What have I done and how do I fix it?
Have I done something to the Rogers SIM?

Thanks

Did you flash a LTE Hybrid?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

Angus_xda

Nov 3, 2008
Riverview, NB
Had to assume that because I've never seen someone try LTE without doing so. :cool:

What you can try is find the stock radio, which might still be the same as you are using, then flash it. Maybe that will reset things back to normal.

No luck.
I tried flashing the stock radio then flashed everything using efrant's instructions. Still no go.

The thing I find strange is when I select Reset to default in the APN settings it sets the APN to Rogers LTE not the default 3G setting.

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Delete the Rogers LTE apn and make a new one with this info:
Name: Rogers
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: mms

You can also try this one:
APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap

Go to phone info *#*#4636#*#*, and change network type to WCDMA Preferred. Reboot, and see if that does it.

Reactions: Angus_xda

Angus_xda

Nov 3, 2008
Riverview, NB
I've done that several times.
Still won't connect.
The error is; No service. Selected network (ROGERS) unavailable.
When I search networks Telus, Bell and Rogers all show up.
I've tried selecting Rogers and selecting automatically. When I select automatically it selects Rogers but comes back with the same error.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
That was already suggested.

I have tried wiping everything out and flashing a complete stock 4.4.2.
I've also tried another Rogers SIM.

This is getting ridiculous.
All I did was change a setting from "WCDMA Preferred" to "LTE/GSM auto (PRL)" and back again and that killed a phone?

I find this very strange. I use the secret menu on two phones but have never heard of this happening. My N4 will only lose signal for a few moments before switching to gsm autoprl, after switching from LTE/GSM.

Sent from backpack

Angus_xda

Nov 3, 2008
Riverview, NB
Mystery solved.
I don't know why it happened at exactly the time when I tried LTE but...

The phone has been reported lost or stolen.
I bought it over two weeks ago. I checked the IMEI on the Government web site, that is supposed to protect us from this kind of thing, and it came back clean. I checked again last night and it's blacklisted.
I would say the girl that I bought it from got it on a $0 contract. Sold it then reported it lost or stolen. She's still on the hook for the contract but, so what, she'll never really have to pay it. Either that or it takes 2-3 weeks for a phone to show up on the blacklist.
Either way, the Government initiative to blacklist stolen or lost phones sounded like a good idea but in reality it's not protecting anyone.

So, now I have a small tablet and learned a lesson. Don't buy used cell phones and if you do, don't trust the protectyourdata.ca web site to protect you.
The site boasts;
"Purchasing a pre-owned device?
Check the IMEI number here to ensure the device has not been reported lost or stolen in Canada."

Thanks for trying to help folks. I did learn more about Android through this. :)

Last edited:

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Mystery solved.

I bought it over two weeks ago. I checked the IMEI on the Government web site, that is supposed to protect us from this kind of thing, and it came back clean. I checked again last night and it's blacklisted.
I would say the girl that I bought it from got it on a $0 contract. Sold it then reported it lost or stolen. She's still on the hook for the contract but, so what, she'll never really have to pay it. Either that or it takes 2-3 weeks for a phone to show up on the blacklist.
Either way, the Government initiative to blacklist stolen or lost phones sounded like a good idea but in reality it's not protecting anyone.

So, now I have a small tablet and learned a lesson. Don't buy used cell phones and if you do, don't trust the protectyourdata.ca web site to protect you.
The site boasts;
Check the IMEI number here to ensure the device has not been reported lost or stolen in Canada."

Thanks for trying to help folks. I did learn more about Android through this. :)

That really sucks :(

But thanks for letting us know.

Sent by carrier pigeon

Reactions: Angus_xda

Angus_xda

Nov 3, 2008
Riverview, NB

Sent by carrier pigeon
I've seen about 2 or 3 threads on Android Central with the same symptoms that seemed to never get resolved.
I suspect they had the same problem and either didn't know how to check or were to embarrassed to say.
I was upset but I want others to be able to find this answer.

Through buying and selling different phones working my way up to the Nexus 4 I'm really only $110 out of pocket.
A 16GB Android media player with WiFi must be worth $110. :)

So, is there a way to eliminate the wireless radio and leave WiFi?
I guess I should start another thread on that.

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
I've seen about 2 or 3 threads on Android Central with the same symptoms that seemed to never get resolved.
I suspect they had the same problem and either didn't know how to check or were to embarrassed to say.
I was upset but I want others to be able to find this answer.

Through buying and selling different phones working my way up to the Nexus 4 I'm really only $110 out of pocket.
A 16GB Android media player with WiFi must be worth $110. :)

So, is there a way to eliminate the wireless radio and leave WiFi?
I guess I should start another thread on that.

I guess the simplest way would be to just have airplane mode on?

Sent by carrier pigeon

Angus_xda

Nov 3, 2008
Riverview, NB
I guess the simplest way would be to just have airplane mode on?

Sent by carrier pigeon
Airplane mode also turns of the WiFi.
I just pulled the SIM, deleted all APNs, turned off Mobile Data and left WiFi on.
The warning that I had no data connection is gone and I still have the ability to make a 911 call if necessary.

Unlocked, rooted and flashed a USB-OTG enabled kernel. This is great fun... :)

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Airplane mode also turns of the WiFi.
I just pulled the SIM, deleted all APNs, turned off Mobile Data and left WiFi on.
The warning that I had no data connection is gone and I still have the ability to make a 911 call if necessary.

Unlocked, rooted and flashed a USB-OTG enabled kernel. This is great fun... :)

You can turn wifi on with airplane mode on as well. Just do it after airplane mode is already on.

But that works too, I guess :D

Sent by carrier pigeon

chrisrozon

Feb 7, 2013
Did you make a police report? You might not be able to recoup anything, but you should still make the seller be responsible for their actions

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't flash anything.

Had to assume that because I've never seen someone try LTE without doing so. :cool:

What you can try is find the stock radio, which might still be the same as you are using, then flash it. Maybe that will reset things back to normal.

Delete the Rogers LTE apn and make a new one with this info:
    Name: Rogers
    APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
    MMSC: http ://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 720
    APN Type: mms

You can also try this one:
    APN: internet.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap

Go to phone info *#*#4636#*#*, and change network type to WCDMA Preferred. Reboot, and see if that does it.
    Mystery solved.

The site boasts;

Sent by carrier pigeon