SMS apps with least battery usage..

Search This thread

predator1584

Nov 3, 2009
Kansas City
I've been using Hangouts lately for SMS needs but lately, I have not been receiving a notification for every new message. I have all the default notification settings turned on and I still won't get every notification... :confused:

Essentially, I'm asking what messaging apps we all use on the HTC One that don't hog the battery. I want to change messaging apps but I feel that the popular messaging apps on the Play Store are huge battery drains with their hundreds of useless functions and features.

I'd like to use the default messaging app but I can NOT stand the 5 lines of the message editor that show up every time I go to reply to a text message. Its just a nit-picky thing, but it bothers me that it wastes all that real estate on the screen with empty space...

Can't wait to see what everybody thinks and I'll be conducting some battery tests in the days to come as well. :good:

HenBoward

May 2, 2013
MPLS, MN
I was using 8sms and loving it. Just moved back to android after a spell with an iPhone. Won't get my One back until May.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Vember31

Sep 6, 2013
If you're on kitkat, EvolveSMS looks really good with the kitkat theme though last I'd checked its interface was slightly laggy. Great app nonetheless

Natodu

May 11, 2011
Does evolve sms allow mms over WiFi ?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
I'm not sure but when I tried evolve it was compressing my photos even after adjusting the mms settings. The stock mms app didn't compress the same photo

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

gobaers

Aug 11, 2012
I've been pleased with hello sms. Multiple recipient messages actually work, and it's relatively light. Best of all, it's very nicely organized.

One issue though: sending picture messages is wonky due to square reformatting. I still use the stock app for this, but changes get picked up by hello without issue.

Reactions: predator1584

Natodu

May 11, 2011
That was my issue with hangouts. Mms was problematic most days.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sspunkky

Feb 6, 2012
Boise
I've been pleased with hello sms. Multiple recipient messages actually work, and it's relatively light. Best of all, it's very nicely organized.

One issue though: sending picture messages is wonky due to square reformatting. I still use the stock app for this, but changes get picked up by hello without issue.
One other problem with Hello SMS is that we cannot delete individual messages from a thread. We can only delete the entire thread, not a particular message from it.

Reactions: predator1584

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

One other problem with Hello SMS is that we cannot delete individual messages from a thread. We can only delete the entire thread, not a particular message from it.