[RECOVERY][ROM]Huawei U8500

Search This thread

xcoder_123

Dec 19, 2010
Hey,

I recently bought this phone Huawei U8500, and I had a long search on the net where can I get a working recovery, finally I found a modified clockworkmod recovery.

It seems that this phone is highly unpopular.

I just wanted to share my finding.

Here you can download this modified version: Download

Steps to install recovery:
1. Download the clockworkmod
2. Unrar it somewhere on your computer
3. Turn off your phone
4. Press & Hold volume down key + call end (red) key and then press power key.
5. Launch the .bat file on your computer + connect your phone via USB
6. When it's finished, take out the battery and wait 5 seconds before putting it back in
7. Then you can access the recovery by holding volume up key + call(green) key

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I can recommend If your phones android build version doesn't end with "712", I suggest you to update it to the beta release, you'll have more functional dual-touch.

Here is the beta froyo update: Download

To install it:
1. Unrar it to your computer, and find a folder named "dload" with the biggest size.
2. Copy that "dload" filder to root of your SD card
3. turn off phone
4. Hold volume up key + end call (red) key and the press power key. Wait for it to load, it will say something like "Updating system" Wait for it to finish, if it says fail, just try again
5. After it says "Update complete" or "Update successful" just restart your phone and you'll have the new beta firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Russian site I found some unofficial ROM's too.
I haven't tried them yes but if someone is willing here you can download them:

Firmware 2.2 29.01.2011 by Pavlo78
u8500_mao_rls7b2
u8500_mao_rls7++by_march_2
u8500_mao_rls8_by_march
u8500_mao_rls8_by_march

To install one of these ROM's do the following:
1. Copy the ZIP file on root of your SD card, the ZIP file, not RAR.
2. Boot up your phone in recovery mode (by holding volume up key + call(green) key)
3. With your optical trackpad select "Install zip from sd card"
4. From the list choose your ZIP file
5. And then just wait till the installation is complete and then just restart the phone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly recommend you to back up the original firmware before installing new ROM's

You can do that in recovery mode, just click on nandroid and follow the on screen instructions it will backup your current firmware + your currently installed apps.

I'm not responsible for bricking your phone, if something doesn't go well. By doing the things I wrote, you may void your phones warranty.

Don't forget to thank me :p

Kind regards
xcoder_123

bornodhaka

May 9, 2011
Dhaka
Bro, may i have to wipe all data via recovery like slash,cache and dalvik cache before i install froyo beta?

Last edited:

ROBINGAZI

Nov 8, 2010
Dhaka
This is really helpful...a lot of Bangladeshis will be needing this. Telenor just launched this phone here.

SAJUSIGMA

Jun 19, 2011
I am using Huawei U8500 (Local branded as GrameenPhone Crystal). I have backed up my current ROM using ROM Manager. Can anyone confirm that the back-up ROM contains all the information including the Customized Branding???

monirr

Jul 3, 2009
Grameenphone Crystal Firmware U8500

In case You messed up :eek:

U8500 V100R001BGDC128B277 (Bengal GP)

Code:
//huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=downloadFile&flay=software&fileName=38766&attachmentName=U8500V100R001BGDC128B277.zip

Last edited:

SAJUSIGMA

Jun 19, 2011

Code:
//huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=downloadFile&flay=software&fileName=38766&attachmentName=U8500V100R001BGDC128B277.zip
Hi Monirr,
Can u confirm whether the link u provided is for only software upgrade or I can use it as a complete ROM backup (So that I can use it later in case of any failure to Upgrade the OS)

monirr

Jul 3, 2009
Hi Monirr,
Can u confirm whether the link u provided is for only software upgrade or I can use it as a complete ROM backup (So that I can use it later in case of any failure to Upgrade the OS)

Yah This one is the complete stock rom. I checked and found gps preloaded rom and this one is identical.

So no worry about Warranty. just load it when you need to go to gps Customer care.

NEOsylar

Jul 31, 2010
Chittagong

Code:

10x a lot, monirr, I waz searchin this stock rom ... & do u kno if itz upgradeable 2 Android 2.3.4 or any1 upgraded?

tamzid

Jun 2, 2011
hey im thinking bout buying this phone as i live in bangladesh... can anyone confirm me about the froyo upgrade does it work???

taavu

Jul 4, 2011
I did download the beta firmware.
And updated the phone's firmware a few minutes ago.

I have the dual touch now, yay (and a little better keyboard).

Many thanks from a Droid noob.

ROBINGAZI

Nov 8, 2010
Dhaka
This should be enough for all your stock rom needs.

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Huawei_Firmware_U8500

BTW: If you install the clockwordmod, you will lose the GP stock bootup screen (not the boot animation). So if you are going to claim warranty make sure you flash the GP firmware before you go to the GP centre.

Someone was asking how this phone is...the only issue I have is knowing that I'll never have flash on this thanks to the arm6 processor.

mostafiztuhin

Jul 18, 2011

Code:

To upgrade my gp crystal to 2.2 , which one is best rom to download?
or can this model is upgradable to 2.3?pl help.

mostafiztuhin

Jul 18, 2011
This should be enough for all your stock rom needs.

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Huawei_Firmware_U8500

BTW: If you install the clockwordmod, you will lose the GP stock bootup screen (not the boot animation). So if you are going to claim warranty make sure you flash the GP firmware before you go to the GP centre.

Someone was asking how this phone is...the only issue I have is knowing that I'll never have flash on this thanks to the arm6 processor.

in gp crystal, through rom manager, if i install clockwordmod then a phone list appear , but there no option of this model(u8500). How can i install?

ROBINGAZI

Nov 8, 2010
Dhaka
To upgrade my gp crystal to 2.2 , which one is best rom to download?
or can this model is upgradable to 2.3?pl help.

There is a thread in the port section of the Cyanogenmod forum. It started with a lame question but later a lot was discussed about gingerbread 2.3.4. There is a Chinese developer (Slax) who has been working on the rom. However, this rom does have a few issues.

I don't know Chinese and google translate is incomprehensible. You should be able to find all the links needed in the cyanogenmod forum.

here is the link.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/21467-huawei-u8500/

for froyo try trial and error with all the official roms. if you don't like one change it. eventually you will find one that meets your need.

Last edited:

qsoft73

Dec 28, 2006
Emod
www.qsoft73.hu
Hello XCoder, and all!

I try this steps, but i stopped after 4th step...

I get a boot logo, and the XP can't recognize droid, unknown device.
than the .bat file just wait for connection.

i try lot of drivers (original U8500, Original Android, and the SDK's driver too) and still "unknown Andoid device" :(

If i get out battery, take back, and standard Power On, the XP recognize the "Android Composite ADB" device, and bind the SD card, and CDROM image, and works perfectly.

but i can't upgrade in Standard Mode :(

can anyone have an idea, how i can access the Droid under Recovery Mode?

and all links of huaweidevice.com are unavailable :(
have new link?

regards, QSoft

msafa

Apr 9, 2011
Hello XCoder, and all!

I try this steps, but i stopped after 4th step...

I get a boot logo, and the XP can't recognize droid, unknown device.
than the .bat file just wait for connection.

i try lot of drivers (original U8500, Original Android, and the SDK's driver too) and still "unknown Andoid device" :(

If i get out battery, take back, and standard Power On, the XP recognize the "Android Composite ADB" device, and bind the SD card, and CDROM image, and works perfectly.

but i can't upgrade in Standard Mode :(

can anyone have an idea, how i can access the Droid under Recovery Mode?

and all links of huaweidevice.com are unavailable :(
have new link?

regards, QSoft

I have same problem here :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I recently bought this phone Huawei U8500, and I had a long search on the net where can I get a working recovery, finally I found a modified clockworkmod recovery.

It seems that this phone is highly unpopular.

I just wanted to share my finding.

Here you can download this modified version: Download

Steps to install recovery:
    1. Download the clockworkmod
    2. Unrar it somewhere on your computer
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Press & Hold volume down key + call end (red) key and then press power key.
    5. Launch the .bat file on your computer + connect your phone via USB
    6. When it's finished, take out the battery and wait 5 seconds before putting it back in
    7. Then you can access the recovery by holding volume up key + call(green) key

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I can recommend If your phones android build version doesn't end with "712", I suggest you to update it to the beta release, you'll have more functional dual-touch.

Here is the beta froyo update: Download

To install it:
    1. Unrar it to your computer, and find a folder named "dload" with the biggest size.
    2. Copy that "dload" filder to root of your SD card
    3. turn off phone
    4. Hold volume up key + end call (red) key and the press power key. Wait for it to load, it will say something like "Updating system" Wait for it to finish, if it says fail, just try again
    5. After it says "Update complete" or "Update successful" just restart your phone and you'll have the new beta firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the Russian site I found some unofficial ROM's too.
    I haven't tried them yes but if someone is willing here you can download them:

Firmware 2.2 29.01.2011 by Pavlo78
    u8500_mao_rls7b2
    u8500_mao_rls7++by_march_2
    u8500_mao_rls8_by_march
    u8500_mao_rls8_by_march

To install one of these ROM's do the following:
    1. Copy the ZIP file on root of your SD card, the ZIP file, not RAR.
    2. Boot up your phone in recovery mode (by holding volume up key + call(green) key)
    3. With your optical trackpad select "Install zip from sd card"
    4. From the list choose your ZIP file
    5. And then just wait till the installation is complete and then just restart the phone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly recommend you to back up the original firmware before installing new ROM's

You can do that in recovery mode, just click on nandroid and follow the on screen instructions it will backup your current firmware + your currently installed apps.

I'm not responsible for bricking your phone, if something doesn't go well. By doing the things I wrote, you may void your phones warranty.

Don't forget to thank me :p

Kind regards
    xcoder_123
    Grameenphone Crystal Firmware U8500

Code:
    its really frustrating

i cant seem to install the CWM

and heck,i cant even download from that link

Let me tell you how I did it and what worked and what didn't:

1. I tried on Windows 7, 64bit - this was no go. I couldn't get the driver to install so I couldn't flash anything to the phone.

2. My second attempt was on Windows XP, where it worked. So use Windows XP. Some others might work as well but this worked for me.

3. You can probably use the drivers which are supplied in the phone, but I've used the ones from the CM ROM I flashed the phone with. You can download the whole rom from http://slax-u8500-rom.googlecode.com/files/u8500-Sp10-PackagesEN.7z

Slax has made this so all credits to him. It contains the rom and the drivers.

4. Press & Hold volume down key + call end (red) key and then press power key

5. Install the driver from the above package, downloaded in the step 3, from the u8500Drivers\Android Adapter ADB Interface (custom driver installation)

6. After successful installation, you can either flash the recovery (1st post of this thread) or use the recovery and rom from this Slax build. I haven't tested the recovery from this thread, I've used the Slax's one.
    If you decide to follow my steps, you should run the windows 2.3.bat file

7. It will flash the recovery and the rom and it will boot to Gingerbread, CM7, 2.3.5.

8. If someone wants to use this rom, there are couple of more things to be done to fix the issues:

Files: Gapps.zip, SP10-Patch1, SP10-Patch2 and SP10-Patch3 need to be downloaded and placed into root of your sd card. http://code.google.com/p/slax-u8500-rom/downloads/list

Please note that I have renamed all the files after downloading cause they had some strange letters in the file name so I didn't want to risk. Also, Patch3 was in .7zip format so I re-compressed it to zip (you extract and compress to zip).

After you copy all the files, you shutdown the phone and boot into recovery by Pressing & Holding volume UP key + call start (green) key and then pressing power key. It will boot into recovery from where you select update from .zip file. Apply all the updates: Patch1, Patch2, Patch3, Gapps

After you're done, reboot and voila. Now the final thing, if you are unable to download the apps from the market, or if you are having Authentication failed problem with Gtalk, you should download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15246936/gtalkservice.apk and place it in system/apps/ with the already included root explorer (don't forget to mount r/w the root partition).

After you place it there, reboot and that should be it.

You should have the working rom (haven't found any issues so far) with:

android 2.3.5
    kernel 2.6.32.9-perf
    CM7-2.3.5-slax-Sp10-3
    Gingerbread

on Huawei U8500 :)

Cheers.