[MOD] 4G and MMS on O3D roms

Search This thread

Marduc

Oct 9, 2011
After carefully reading through this topic i finally decided to try out some O3D roms and i got myself ThiaiZ O3D V1.5.3 . Was about to do 4g fix like you wrote but suddenly realized that i see H icon with arrows next to battery icon, so i decided to give it a speed test. Don't know if it's the 4g or not coz since i've bought this phone and tested the speed on a different roms (stock, thriller, seeker and ThiaiZ) I've never seen my speed go higher then this.
So if i apply this 4g fix, will i get more speed, or the thing I'm getting right now IS 4g?
p.s. mss worked fine after i changed APN settings.
p.s.s. Thank You

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
After carefully reading through this topic i finally decided to try out some O3D roms and i got myself ThiaiZ O3D V1.5.3 . Was about to do 4g fix like you wrote but suddenly realized that i see H icon with arrows next to battery icon, so i decided to give it a speed test. Don't know if it's the 4g or not coz since i've bought this phone and tested the speed on a different roms (stock, thriller, seeker and ThiaiZ) I've never seen my speed go higher then this.
So if i apply this 4g fix, will i get more speed, or the thing I'm getting right now IS 4g?
p.s. mss worked fine after i changed APN settings.
p.s.s. Thank You

H is 3g. H+ is 4g. Whether or not you'll see higher speeds depends on your area. Some places are still barely seeing minimal 3g speed let alone 4g.

EDIT: the speeds you're seeing are about what I'm seeing as well (with 4g).

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marduc

Oct 9, 2011
H is 3g. H+ is 4g.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

So all that time with stock rom and all other roms i was getting 3g speed with my 4g phone?Hm...that's sad. Will this 4g fix that you wrote, help me? Or there is something wrong with phone or ATT provider itself?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I guess i have the same problem with constant FC's from com.android.phone and it showed no connection at all after i made a Flex edit. I did copy pasted the text, so i don't think i messed up something. Can you please help me to find that Franlovs Kernel and tell me how to install it, coz i really can't find it(

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Wow after all this time I just realized theres a typo in the flex.xml values!

This line:
FLEX_MNC_CODE="4100"

Should be:
FLEX_MNC_CODE="410"

I already changed it in original post. For any of you that used that incorrect setting just a heads up. Not sure how many issues it would cause, but yea, it was wrong.

zee750s

Dec 30, 2008
Ok I set my flex to suggested. I get the h+ but only one bar as signal strength , I'm on v20c Rogers.

Sent from my LG-P925g using xda premium

cmeducknow702

Jan 20, 2012
I've applied this fix to v21b and now have the H+ but no signal bars to speak of. I can however make and recieve phone calls, mms, sms, and download stuff. Any thoughts? :confused:

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
I'm not having any problems with 4g. I get 3g 4g and edge if I make it get some! The mms problem I solved with havinnlg the stock messenger installed then in advanced settings go alllllll the way down and unchecked notifications. Don't have a sspllpeedtest but the bar fills up purty quick! I have used Bio/acidhazard4, thrill seeker 2.1, cyanigen, Acura(current) and this is always the only fix that workers but it works great.
Please try this before editing flex files and ****. I bricked 4.of these and it sucked each time ;)
Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

sky007

Sep 26, 2007
I am in Canada. Can anyone post one flex.xml which works for Rogers?
After I flashed ThiaiZ O3D V2.7.1, I do not have 4G anymore.

salsadoom

Nov 2, 2010
Saskatoon
I am in Canada. Can anyone post one flex.xml which works for Rogers?
After I flashed ThiaiZ O3D V2.7.1, I do not have 4G anymore.

Same boat, since we are using the same phone. I get a lot of "E" seemly randomly. I always get coverage but very inconsistant data. My "H" shows up in a few places here and there, but its all pretty random anyway. A "fix" would be fantastic. Any improvement would be nice really.

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5
I'm not having any problems with 4g. I get 3g 4g and edge if I make it get some! The mms problem I solved with havinnlg the stock messenger installed then in advanced settings go alllllll the way down and unchecked notifications. Don't have a sspllpeedtest but the bar fills up purty quick! I have used Bio/acidhazard4, thrill seeker 2.1, cyanigen, Acura(current) and this is always the only fix that workers but it works great.
Please try this before editing flex files and ****. I bricked 4.of these and it sucked each time ;)

What did you do to get 4g?

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
ok I think I have 4G working with no force closes and mms. This is what I did. First I edited flex.XML to callmearia settings in op.
uploadfromtaptalk1338034930478.jpg
Then add these three apns
uploadfromtaptalk1338035015354.jpg
a693599e-024c-41df.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1338035211782.jpg enter exactly and save
#2uploadfromtaptalk1338035260753.jpgenter shown setting leave others as is save
#3 uploadfromtaptalk1338035676855.jpg
enter and save

Then I edited ro.product.local.region=US and product.model change p920 to p925 in build props uploadfromtaptalk1338035846814.jpg due to keyboard force closes. Sorry for all the screenshots but thought it would be the best way not to show it. Hope this works for everyone :D

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338035159597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338035159597.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 115
  • uploadfromtaptalk1338035739099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338035739099.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: yourguitarist

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
I forgot to mention you have to use alternate contacts app as stock contacts won't open...I use go contacts ex and no teathering so far. Dialer and google voice work ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338036340163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338036340163.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
ok so what would i change for rogers?

Have you tried these apns..

Rogers Wireless Canada You will need to create two APN's For Internet

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
Leave all other settings Blank.

For MMS
Name: Rogers MMS
APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
Server: 172.25.0.107
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
APN Type: mms
Not sure on flex.xml you might try to see off you can get it from the stock Rogers rom.
Ill keep searching and let you know what I find

Last edited:
Reactions: xstokerx

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Didn't do anything. The h IS 4g. When its 3g it says 3g in the status bar. I didn't do any speed tests but its a lot faster than my cheap wifi! I didn't change anything on my thrill and use Acura v20p rom. All works. My wife has one too. Running acidhazard 4. I had to change the apn but it now only sends pic not receive. Also had stability issues with the beast kernel so with acidhazard so switched to Acura 1188. The stability issues may not happen on all phones as it didn't on mine just hers. The stock message apk wont install on her phone so I'm not sure how to proceed with that.

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
@xstokerx. Have you tried this apn I found on a search..they claim it was created for smart phones and only need the one apn.

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

hoskopico

Feb 15, 2011
Didn't do anything. The h IS 4g. When its 3g it says 3g in the status bar. I didn't do any speed tests but its a lot faster than my cheap wifi! I didn't change anything on my thrill and use Acura v20p rom. All works. My wife has one too. Running acidhazard 4. I had to change the apn but it now only sends pic not receive. Also had stability issues with the beast kernel so with acidhazard so switched to Acura 1188. The stability issues may not happen on all phones as it didn't on mine just hers. The stock message apk wont install on her phone so I'm not sure how to proceed with that.

To get the stock messaging app working try copying it in root explorer and paste in system/app then set permissions first colum all boxes second one just the top one everything else blank then reboot

Reactions: whodisname

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5
@xstokerx. Have you tried this apn I found on a search..they claim it was created for smart phones and only need the one apn.

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

Ya I have that one two I've tryed editing the flex to 310 and 410 also edited the country and and phone model but still just see edge and GsM networks

Bdadd34

Jan 11, 2012
Medford, Oregon
Ya I have that one two I've tryed editing the flex to 310 and 410 also edited the country and and phone model but still just see edge and GsM networks

is 310 410 what is loaded by default in your apn if not I would use those numbers in flex file..you also might try putting ROG in place of ATT.
@@@@need help from someone running stock rom from rogers. Please upload your flex.XML@@@@

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive been running the O3D 10j firmware for a couple days now, havent upgraded to 10k yet but heres something to help out with mms/4g and how I got them working.

MMS is as simple as changing the apn. For whatever reason trying to change the default apn has been spotty for me, so what I do is just create a new apn with the following information:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

Now save that and select it as your default. mms should now be working. For whatever reason that is the only ATT apn info I could get to work with mms. If I try to use any other configuration for ATT I lose mms functionality. Which was frustrating because I kept copying the apn off my other ATT phones and mms would not work. Neither my Aria nor my Captivate need the password but apparently this phone NEEDS that password to get mms on P920 roms...

4G is a little more complicated and, at the moment, has a trade-off. So from here you have to make a decision, because I have as of yet been able to fix this issue. But you have to choose to either have 4G and use a 3rd party dialer/contacts app OR you can keep the default apps and not have 4g. You're call but here how its done. Go into /system/etc/flex/flex.xml and change it to read like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Flexinfo>
    <Flexinfo
    FLEX_COUNTRY_CODE="US"
    FLEX_OPERATOR_CODE="ATT"
    FLEX_MCC_CODE="310"
    FLEX_MNC_CODE="410"
    FLEX_REGION_CODE="0"
    FLEX_SIMLOCK_ON="0"
    FLEX_MODEL_CODE="0" />

</Flexinfo>

Now you should be getting the H+ symbol in the notification bar AND the up/down arrows. If you dont have the arrows then your apn is set incorrectly. If you dont have the H+ then you messed up in the flex.xml file.

Some notes:
    Ive tried replacing the default Phone.apk/Contacts.apk with their equivalents from aosp roms, O3D roms, and Thrill roms. None of them have any affect on the issue. And trying to change the TelephonyProvider.apk has only resulted in frequent FC's. I can only assume its a framework issue but since I use a 3rd party dialer anyways Im not inclined to look into it.

I removed the default Contacts.apk because I got the occasional FC when ending a phone call. Removing it has no effect on anything since you cant use the default contacts app with the above 4G method. You have to keep the stock Phone.apk or you will lose the ability to make changes to your apn. It does not however affect your ability to make/receive calls with a 3rd party app. ContactsProvider.apk is also required or you wont be able to sync contacts to your phone.

Speaking of 3rd party dialers, Ive tested GoContacts and DialerOne so far and both work with no issues what so ever and have built in contacts functionality. Im going to assume there are many more that work as well.

So now theres really no excuse not to dive into the wide world of O3D roms!

EDIT: Just remembered that the time will be wrong after this too. Im trying to remember what I did to fix that. In the mean time you can go to menu>settings>Date & Time> and manually set the time. Its just that the GMT is being calculated incorrectly for each timezone so it gets the hour wrong so you need to set it manually. The minutes are correct though, you dont need to mess with those.
    ok I think I have 4G working with no force closes and mms. This is what I did. First I edited flex.XML to callmearia settings in op.
    uploadfromtaptalk1338034930478.jpg
    Then add these three apns
    uploadfromtaptalk1338035015354.jpg
    a693599e-024c-41df.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1338035211782.jpg enter exactly and save
    #2uploadfromtaptalk1338035260753.jpgenter shown setting leave others as is save
    #3 uploadfromtaptalk1338035676855.jpg
    enter and save

Then I edited ro.product.local.region=US and product.model change p920 to p925 in build props uploadfromtaptalk1338035846814.jpg due to keyboard force closes. Sorry for all the screenshots but thought it would be the best way not to show it. Hope this works for everyone :D

ok so what would i change for rogers?

Have you tried these apns..

Rogers Wireless Canada You will need to create two APN's For Internet

APN: internet.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    Leave all other settings Blank.

For MMS
    Name: Rogers MMS
    APN: media.com
    Username: media
    Password: mda01
    Server: 172.25.0.107
    APN Type: mms
    Not sure on flex.xml you might try to see off you can get it from the stock Rogers rom.
    Ill keep searching and let you know what I find

To get the stock messaging app working try copying it in root explorer and paste in system/app then set permissions first colum all boxes second one just the top one everything else blank then reboot