[Q] Shortcut Shutdown Screen

Search This thread

Theberge43

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Hi,

I'm currently using Nova Launcher which has a settings to remap the home button when on the homescreen.
You can map it to a Nova settings, an app or a shortcut.

I currently have it mapped to a Secure Settings shortcut that lock my phone.

The issue I'm having with this settings, it's that it does not respect the delay locking option I have set on my security settings (5 min).

I'm looking for a way to map the home button to something that would shutdown the screen but respect the locking delay like the real power button does.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Its because you're locking the phone in secure settings. Power button turns of the screen. So its a different action.

Which are you using by the way? Dev admin action > lock device or root actions > power button lock?

Not sure how different they are. Essentially you need to look to turn off screen not lock device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Theberge43

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Its because you're locking the phone in secure settings. Power button turns of the screen. So its a different action.

Which are you using by the way? Dev admin action > lock device or root actions > power button lock?

Not sure how different they are. Essentially you need to look to turn off screen not lock device

Hi haven't payed for the Pro Upgrade so Power button lock is not available to me.
I know it's because I'm using the Lock Device feature, that because I cannot find another option that simply simulates the power button press.

Can someone confirm to me that "Power button lock" in Secure Settings would provide me with the right feature ?

Thanks.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I don't have pro. You're rooted though I guess? Dalvik or ART?

Can use xposed + gravitybox in nova as a shortcut to set device to sleep. This allows the delay to work