[Q] Device will not encrypt, constant reset. Now I cannot get into phone

Search This thread

jookskidd

Jun 19, 2013
I am on Kit Kat Android 4.4.3 with Sacs latest Custom rom.

I was going through the encyrption process and it was plagued with constant restarts. Randomly, I came back after the 4th reset and it asked me to put a password in to unlock my phone to start it. As I do this, it keeps telling me processes are stopping etc. Then when it finally gets entered, the phone just resets.

It has done this for the last few hours. I am not able to get into my phone at all.

Any ideas? I tried to hard reset it but when I went into recovery to wipe data, it just brought me back to the same screen. Then when I tried to wipe and reinstall rom, it brought me back to the same screen as if it never happened.

Any clues/

matraca

Oct 27, 2013
Maybe ODIN back to stock? Don't take my word for it, wait for a second opinion.

matraca

Oct 27, 2013
How can I odin back to stock? What should I download for that?

It sounds to me that at this point you are willing to do anything to get it fixed, but be carefull you may do more harm than good. It has been a while since I've been on touchwiz and I know you can Odin back to stock but I know there is the bootloader and knox problem and frankly I am notvqualified to help you. Wait for someone with more experience help you on tbis one and do not do anything if you are not a 100% sure. Sorry, I wish I could help you. Good luck man

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJSv9MrVAg

This guy is good, just follow instructions and make sure you download the correct files. DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING. You are going to loose root and I don't think you can go back to say mf9 or mdl. Just odin wwhat ever you ave now. Good luck, let us now what happened.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
You need to download the stock NAE tar file from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663619 , extract the tar file from the zip file you just downloaded. Download odin 3.09 or 3.07 and run it as administrator load the tar file you just extracted into the PDA slot (odin 3.07) or AP slot (odin 3.09). Put your phone in download mode by powering it down completely, then hold volume down and power at the same time until the phone starts to boot. Then hit volume up at the prompt to enter download mode. Connect your phone to you PC and when odin identifies it hit the start button. After your phone is updated it is a good idea to enter recovery and do a factory reset.

Unless you absolutely need to encrypt your phone for work, don't do it. It causes nothing but problems and I would never recommend encrypting a phone running a custom rom before checking with the developer to make sure their rom is compatible with encryption.