Need to purposely permanently brick phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

komputerfreek

Sep 17, 2010
So... my girlfriend decided to spill water on my Droid 2 and thank god It did not have a battery in. I let it dry for a couple days and everything works perfectly fine but it seems that some liquid seeped into the glass screen and when it dried it left blotches that are covering the screen and annoying.

What I want to know and do is how to permanently brick my droid 2 and if my thought process is right.

Brick the phone, call VZW, get a next day air replacement, send the brick phone back. Everything ok?

timur525

Oct 13, 2010
1.) Slap dat hoe you call your girlfriend.
2.) Think about what you're trying to do(does it seem unfair, retarded, or just downright illegal?).
3.) Get the **** off of XDA.

Frauding cheapo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
What you are talking about IS considered fraud (as stated above), and XDA does not condone fraud. Please seek advice elsewhere. Thank you.

Besides, they can still tell there was water damage. There is a little dot near the sdcard that should be white with red x's. When it comes in contact with water, it turns completely red. If it does, your warrenty is completely void, even if the phone is bricked.

komputerfreek

Sep 17, 2010
You're a real idiot to post this on a public forum. Especially one as well regarded as XDA developers.

Your might be right damn. Guess I should change my name from komputer freek so it does not match my bill when I call them...Wait. They won't know it's me.

1.) Slap dat hoe you call your girlfriend.
2.) Think about what you're trying to do(does it seem unfair, retarded, or just downright illegal?).
3.) Get the **** off of XDA.

Frauding cheapo.

Phone still works perfectly fine. Just a blotched screen. Touch screen is 100 percent effective and nothing else is wrong. A cosmetic issue. Your right, hmm paying full retail for a phone does make me cheap.

What you are talking about IS considered fraud (as stated above), and XDA does not condone fraud. Please seek advice elsewhere. Thank you.

Besides, they can still tell there was water damage. There is a little dot near the sdcard that should be white with red x's. When it comes in contact with water, it turns completely red. If it does, your warrenty is completely void, even if the phone is bricked.

Installing rom's voids your wArranty too huh? But anyway, never got to the dot that shows water damage.

Uh, you're thought process is very wrong. And technically that is fraud.

So when people brick there phones and send it back like the countless topics have told them on this forum, where is this outlash calling fraud?

komputerfreek

Sep 17, 2010
did you not have insurance on it?

In 10 years of owning a cell phone I have never lost, broken or spilled anything on it. So in my case, insurance for the most part would have been a waste. Also, insurance, unless it covers loss, is a fraud within itself.

My friends have never purchased insurance and have just strolled into the stores (VZW) and exchanged for a refurbished make.

But, yes, I should have gotten insurance.

Also, to the people who are claiming fraud, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

This is for all other purpose a phone modding/hacking forum. For god sakes there are stickies saying how to activate wireless tether for free.

Now to the butthurt people above me, I sure hope you are not using any of those patches or tether apps because "THAT IS FRAUD".

Examples :

Try using the wireless tether for root users on the market

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Illegal. You should pay VZW to provide you with the 3G hotspot tether app or wifi tethering. But yet you are telling people to use the free one, huh?

According to some things that I have read, your Droid 1 needs to be running Cyanogenmod 6 in order for it to pick up Ad Hoc networks, which is what your Droid 2 puts out. If it is running that then everything I have read points to yes, you can tether the Droid 1 to the Droid 2.

Hmmm, so when you posted that in another topic, to the original poster, there was no problem to you, with him getting free wifi from his phone without paying?

Last edited:

rusty815

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I don't see why you're trying to defend yourself, what you're doing is commiting fraud, regardless of what you do you will be caught because of the cosmetic issue, now stop coming through the forum acting all high and mighty when you're doing something illegal, we don't want your kind here.

Oh, and voiding your warranty is not the same as commiting fraud, ones illegal, one isnt, now gtfo

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA App

event121

Aug 9, 2008
Try getting a replacement. See how u get charged. Then u too can see the light flashing bright yellow to use caution when leaving ur phone in anyplace where liquid may come in contact with it.

Be glad it still works...

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
Look buddy, you can try to justify yourself however you want. The fact is, what your doing is fraud, and you shouldn't be asking people how to brick your device to get a new one. Plan and simple.

About the wireless tethering. I'm almost positive Verizon knows about these forums. They would be stupid if they didn't. Therefor I'm sure they know about the wireless tethering apps out there, THAT ARE ON THE MARKET NO LESS, and yet they don't try to get it shut down so they obviously aren't that worried about it. And don't you think if the wireless tether app was so illegal google would have taken it off the market? The way I look at it, I'm paying for UNLIMITED DATA, why should it matter if I share some with a computer.

Now go ahead and dispute this however you want (I know your going to), but you might as well go somewhere else cause you won't get much help here. Thanks :)

komputerfreek

Sep 17, 2010
Look buddy, you can try to justify yourself however you want. The fact is, what your doing is fraud, and you shouldn't be asking people how to brick your device to get a new one. Plan and simple.

About the wireless tethering. I'm almost positive Verizon knows about these forums. They would be stupid if they didn't. Therefor I'm sure they know about the wireless tethering apps out there, THAT ARE ON THE MARKET NO LESS, and yet they don't try to get it shut down so they obviously aren't that worried about it. And don't you think if the wireless tether app was so illegal google would have taken it off the market? The way I look at it, I'm paying for UNLIMITED DATA, why should it matter if I share some with a computer.

Now go ahead and dispute this however you want (I know your going to), but you might as well go somewhere else cause you won't get much help here. Thanks :)

OH I forgot that law that if someone knows you are doing something and they don't stop you it's OK. That's a new one, is that like the 15th amendment or something?

"Officer it's ok, I told my brother that I was going to rob this bank today at 12:30, he didn't stop me so you have no jurisdiction here".

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
OH I forgot that law that if someone knows you are doing something and they don't stop you it's OK. That's a new one, is that like the 15th amendment or something?

"Officer it's ok, I told my brother that I was going to rob this bank today at 12:30, he didn't stop me so you have no jurisdiction here".

Yes well that's interesting logic. Anyways, I'm not going to waste my time here. Good luck with your fraud.

Sent from my ultra fast Liberated Droid 2

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
Stop talking about the people who root their phones and void their warranty that is bad yes, but completely software related. Has nothing to do with the appearence or the general ability of the phone to do all its tasks. As someone said above be glad it is not broken and live with it. Its your own fault it got "ruined".

Also, the market is run by google not verizon so anything posted their is out of Verizons hands. Still illegal and not saying its right but it is much more out of verizons hands.

And to answer your question there is no way to brick your phone to the point of it not working without Verizon noticing. Deal with it.

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
This thread is out of hand. Stop flaming. This topic probably doesn't break the forum rules, so if you think it's of questionable ethic, don't post, or report it and let the forum mod make the call.

EOF

lizard1

Nov 14, 2010
Speaking of" unlimited data", didn't that turn out to be a lie?

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using XDA forums app

timur525

Oct 13, 2010
I'm running stock jf6. Nothing illegal about that. Get on 4chan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Vietnamwees

Dec 9, 2010
Voiding Warranty and Fraud

There's nothing illegal or fraudulent about rooting your phone in and of itself, all it does is void the warranty. However, if someone was going to root their phone, then unroot it and send it back to the manufacturer under the warranty, THAT would technically be fraud, but that's completely irrelevant in this case.

Why do you even need to brick it anyway? The spots on your screen seem like enough of a reason to try and get a replacement.

What you tell them of how it actually happened is all on you though.

lizard1

Nov 14, 2010
So...

What I want to know and do is how to permanently brick my droid 2 and if my thought process is right.

Brick the phone, call VZW, get a next day air replacement, send the brick phone back. Everything ok?

What this forum needs is a wall of shame thread for posts like these.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using XDA forums app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your sense of logic is quite fascinating. Rooting a phone is being compared to bank robbery? As everyone else mentioned: the former is legal, the latter is not. Even the free wireless tether app which circumvents the paid 3G Hotspot app is not illegal, nor does its use constitute "fraud", but rather a violation of Verizon's terms of service. Verizon won't be friendly if you admit to using the free app, but you're not a damn criminal for doing so.
    Have you tried dropping a brick on it? If you drop a brick on it, I feel like its safe to say the phone has been bricked
    This questionable thread has been closed.