[Resolved] [Q] Android internal storage size

Search This thread

netimen

Feb 10, 2011
I have a Sony Xperia Z Ultra device and officially it has 16GB of internal storage. But when I go to Settings-> Storage I see that total space is only 11.79 GB. Obviously the rest is reserved for the system.

So the question is: does the system really need so much? I'm using a very compact SlimKat ROM, so I doubt it does :)

Is there any way to repartition device somehow and make more storage available to the user and less for the system? Or there are reasons why it's impossible even when using custom ROM?

I know there are some tricks to make the device treat the external SD card as internal memory but that's not what I'm looking for now :)

P. S. I tried to google, but I couldn't find any relevant info

Last edited:

lalec

Apr 30, 2008
Houston, Texas
Repartitioning a Sony device sounds like a question that should be asked in your device and ROM specific forum threads. I would need to use a tool made by Samsung to do that on my Samsung phone. You may need some Sony or development tool. Search on xda.

netimen

Feb 10, 2011
Repartitioning a Sony device sounds like a question that should be asked in your device and ROM specific forum threads. I would need to use a tool made by Samsung to do that on my Samsung phone. You may need some Sony or development tool. Search on xda.
Yeah, I will ask in the Sony forums about the tool. I was just curious if it is theoretically possible, or may be there are some important reasons for not doing that )

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

lalec

Apr 30, 2008
Houston, Texas
Yeah, I will ask in the Sony forums about the tool. I was just curious if it is theoretically possible, or may be there are some important reasons for not doing that )

I know it's possible on my Samsung Galaxy S4; however, I haven't done it because it comes with risk of hard-bricking the device if you don't do it correctly. I figure I won't cross that bridge unless it's ever truly necessary.

Good luck!

Reactions: netimen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Contact your models developer

I know it's possible on my Samsung Galaxy S4; however, I haven't done it because it comes with risk of hard-bricking the device if you don't do it correctly. I figure I won't cross that bridge unless it's ever truly necessary.

Good luck!