Search This thread

_strauch_

Aug 31, 2011
I found with the help of tribual a bug with the wirelesslan.

When i activate "never" under "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" in the advanced options of wirelesslan. The phone gets off after a while of sleeping. I made a logcat. I started a terminal with logcat and locked the phone and waited until it gets off. Here is the logcat i hope it helps to finde the error. Workaround ist: let the option on always or deactivate the wlan manually.

I have this error since acro merged the kernels.

Attachments

• wlan.txt.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Keinbockwurst

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
I found with the help of tribual a bug with the wirelesslan.

When i activate "never" under "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" in the advanced options of wirelesslan. The phone gets off after a while of sleeping. I made a logcat. I started a terminal with logcat and locked the phone and waited until it gets off. Here is the logcat i hope it helps to finde the error. Workaround ist: let the option on always or deactivate the wlan manually.

I have this error since acro merged the kernels.

Hm, and what is the bug?

From log logcat i saw, that the wlan is switched off and the wakrelock is released, so i guess its going into DeepSleep. Or is it shutting down competely ( that's not in the log)?

Ciao
Kurt

_strauch_

Aug 31, 2011
The bug is that the phone didn't wake up. When i press any button it happens nothing. When i make a call to the i9001 with another phone, i get a dial tone, but the phone don't ring. When i restart it (long press the power button), the other phone show a connection error (nokia e60)

When i disable the function from never to always, all is fine (but needs more power).

Last edited:

annqx

Dec 16, 2011
münster
Looks like my clock in the notification bar is stucked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-10-17-43-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-10-17-43-04.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: Daniel.96

pedrsantiago

May 1, 2012
I know this is not the best place to ask this kind of questions, but if I try this rom out and find that I'm not really satisfied, do I need to flash my previous rom again or is restoring a CWM backup enough?

silviu_iliescu

Feb 16, 2012
Orsova
51b47a42-e537-050a.jpg

had same problem, try wipe catche and dalvik. had same problem with first build. made new install with full wipe, all working good.

now with on demand governor and 122 MHz, all good and after 10 hours and 30 min i still have 83% battery, wlan allways on

I tend to believe that the second build has the best battery life.Is this thing connected with the kernel and can i flash the latest kernel if i use build 2?Thanks!!!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

30adi

Feb 24, 2012
Nexus 6
Huawei Mediapad M3
I tend to believe that the second build has the best battery life.Is this thing connected with the kernel and can i flash the latest kernel if i use build 2?Thanks!!!

may be so. with previous kernel never had this battery life. this is after flash of latest rom and with full wipe data, dalvik cache and flash boot_test2.zip

Reactions: c0dac0da
considerations about latest build

Hello guys,
I've been using arco's CM9 for a while and I must say that the worst is over.
The rom is stable, fast, responsive, and battery drain is very good as of the latest build.
But I noticed that apps built for GB and interacting with the system/devices (e.g. battery saver apps managing 3G/Wireless radio to save power) cause high battery drain, maybe due to a different way of doing things beetwen GB and ICS.
Furthermore, a well done installation is needful for the rom to work well.
So I believe it's better to take those into account before drawing hasty conclusions.

Go on arco, and you all, and thanks for your awesome job.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbx4 and 30adi

FlorisNL

Jun 28, 2011
Amersfoort
So when i install boot2 in cwm and im rebooting its just stuck on the bootanimation.. i already wiped cache dalvik cache and i fixed permissions. Help me please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for recovery bootloop problem

Thanks to everyone who hear my pray and tried to help with my problem (bootloop into recovery). And Acro68 sorry that i'm bothered you. I here again to publish the solution. Problem was in bootloader, like people on other forum says (it was damaged somehow, probably because kies update fails before).

1. Open Odin.exe (UnZip from Odin.zip)
    2. Go into Download mode
    3. Select OPS - AriesVE.ops (UnZip from AriesVE.zip)
    4. Select BOOT - Boot_loader.tar
    5. Flash it and bootloop into recovery never gona happen.

All the files is attached...
    I and some fellow developers (especially thanks manveru0, skywalker01, other users for testing, reporting and other help) are trying to port AOSS to our device, working with CyanogenMod 7 for now.
    You can check out this thread, repositories, and this post for changelogs, bug reports and so on.
    Github repositories:
    https://github.com/abbradar
    https://github.com/manveru0
    Feel free to check them out and fork!

Current status of porting:
    Working:
    • Screen (w. touch features, w. backlight)
    • Buttons
    • Radio (w. 2G/3G, Internet is working)
    • Bluetooth
    • WLAN
    • Rotate sensor
    • Handset button
    • USB
    • Battery sensors
    • Camera
    • GPU acceleration
    Not working:
    • GPS (does not lock)
    • Audio (both input and output, will be tough)
    • Camcorder (because of audio)
    • Storage-related (external SD not working, internal with no USB storage, vold misconfigured)
    • USB tethering/MTP (will require some programming)
    • Host access point (similar to USB tethering)
    • Light sensor
    • Buttons force feedback
    • Contacts on SIM card
    Not tested:
    • Other sensors (compass, magnetic)
    • HDMI (should not work, as logs say)
    • FM radio (should not work)
    Another bugs:
    • CyanogenMod settings doesn't work (fixed by
    • Random reboots sometimes
    • Sometimes - very long resume from sleep (30 seconds approximately)
    • Keyboard is very small
    • Dialer is laggy (because of audio)
    • USB connected notification is shown without USB cable attached
    • APN database is not working (enter settings manually)
    • Vibration strength is very weak
    Regressions: (worked before)
    • Nothing for now
    Visualized changelogs (with CM9), made and hosted by CastagnaIT in dedicated thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492165

Last testing build (will be updated after major improvements or after some time): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22394052&postcount=284
    skywalker01's testing builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22969855&postcount=394

User tomsteel1 have made good-looking banner images for our work: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22506050&postcount=350
    Hello, guys.
    First of all, sorry for my 2.5-month absence, I was really short of time because of university and long illness, so I decided to freeze module development for a while. I understand that doing so without any posts there was rude, and ask for understanding.
    Next, it was a great surprise for me to see really working CM9 for our phone!!! I can only say GJ to arco68 - thank you guy, you really did this, even without a phone! I don't think my work is relevant anymore, so I'll stop with CM7 and will check out his work (maybe I'll be of some help). I've been able to found quick solution for working audio in 2.3.7, also, but I don't think it is relevant anymore ^_^.
    Once again, good job, arco68. I'll try to build CM9 with your configuration and test it, so I'm going to be just user and tester for now. ^_^
    Here's a new full test build of the rom. This contains fixed boot image, so it actually boots (unless I screwed something up this time :p). USB connect/disconnect should work correctly, wifi I *hope* works now. In addition I added support for automatic brightness and cleaned up some stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sgyv7betz6cj9mp

And lol at the tags. Who wrote that? :D
    I am a CM9 porter for Galaxy SL. I have come across issues with audio in Galaxy SL also, which I have overcome by coding an Audio wrapper. If you need any help with fixing audio on S+, count me in.