[App] MyBackup Root

Search This thread

rogcontact

Jan 16, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am the product manager of the MyBackup product line at RerWare, LLC.

To let you guys know, we have just released "MyBackup Root", which is a FREE download from the Android Market. It is for root phones only, and it will BATCH BACKUP AND RESTORE all applications, including the Data\Settings and Market Links! You are also allowed to schedule backups. All FREE.

We want to support the Root community, so we have made this a Free application, please help us spread the word!

Try it out, we would also love feedback MOD EDIT: REMOVED EMAIL

Last edited by a moderator:

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
Wow.. Thats pretty good news. Even though I already paid for it, love that you're supporting the root community!

VDub2174

Jul 22, 2010
Been looking for a replacement for TB since that has been acting up. Gonna download this now. Thanks!!

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
lol, yea TB is free as well

was just wondering if this one have any extra features over TB ?

rogcontact

Jan 16, 2009
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone. Please help to support this by spreading the word about its existence, and if you like it, leave a 5 star review!

bigmoogle

Jun 16, 2010
Good news! MyBackup is a great app - I have the paid version as well as TB. MB pro is much easier to use.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,

I am the product manager of the MyBackup product line at RerWare, LLC.

To let you guys know, we have just released "MyBackup Root", which is a FREE download from the Android Market. It is for root phones only, and it will BATCH BACKUP AND RESTORE all applications, including the Data\Settings and Market Links! You are also allowed to schedule backups. All FREE.

We want to support the Root community, so we have made this a Free application, please help us spread the word!

Try it out, we would also love feedback MOD EDIT: REMOVED EMAIL
    Thanks for the support guys! The Pro version has Online operations, and you can login to a Web Viewer at www.rerware.com to view the backups without needing to restore them.

Help support this effort for the free app by leaving a 5 star review.
    Application differences...

great! there are any differences between root and pro?

Rerware has 3 version of the MyBackup application available.

MyBackup (Free) - Allows for local (SD card) backup of downloaded applications to your SD card.

MyBackup Root (Free) - Allows for local (SD card) backup of downloaded & system applications for rooted users. This allows for backup of the .apk & associated data as well as market links for applications. Expands on what the non-root version can backup.

MyBackup Pro ($4.99) - Allows for local (SD card) & online (web based) backup downloaded & system applications. It will recognize if a user has root access and will prompt them if they want to also backup addtional applications & settings. This allows for backup of the .apk & associated data as well as market links for applications.

The paid version used to be the only way for a user of MyBackup to backup applications which require root access.

Again, extremely glad to see them supporting the root community even though some users have, like myself, already paid for the Pro version to have this root backup feature. Its people who support developers early on so that everyone can benefit later on down the line like this.

And for anyone asking, this can do batch restores simply by checking all applications when choosing which backup to restore from.
    Read the OP. The app is called "MyBackup Root", not "MyBackupPro".

He wants to find the paid version, not the version talked about here.

Try MyBackup Pro

Here's the appbrain link.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/mybackup-pro/com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro
    Seems these features are already integrated into MBP. If so, do I need this?
    From what I've read, this is the same as MyBackup Pro except that it doesn't have all the features regarding the online backup (i.e. if you have MyBackup Pro that has more and so you don't need MyBackup Root).