[Q] Revert from Hokin Anzhi chinese ROM to stock?

Search This thread

adam_purkis

Dec 26, 2011
Hey everyone,

My brother just got a HTC Sensation XL for Christmas, however it was bought abroad in Hong Kong, and unknown to my parents had been flashed to the Hokin XL Anzhi ROM, I am just wondering if there is any way to revert it back to the stock HTC rom that would come on this phone. I have no backups of it obviously as we never had the original ROM. If this isnt possible, what is the best alternative, as this ROM seems useless with no English Browser, no android market etc..

I havent really flashed ROM's before, but it seems the phone has super user, but the boot menu is in chinese. I have been having a look around the development thread and noticed the Cappy ROM being mentioned, but i would probably prefer to get it to stock if possible as it was his present and not sure what he wants to do with it yet.

Thanks in advance

jeandujardin01

Jun 27, 2010
* check if the bootloader is locked or unlocked *

- pull battery out and put it back
- hold POWER and VOLUME DOWN for 3sec

htc-amaze-g-gets-a-oneclick-root-option-permanent-for-unlocked-bootloaders_-nnoc_0.jpg

If it says LOCKED: Flash an RUU ~> http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a...822_3822.10.10.12_M_release_223366_signed.exe

If it says UNLOCKED: lock it back by following these instructions http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38853656/HTCdev - Lock instructions.zip (dont forget to download & install everything first)
THEN flash an RUU

Reactions: adam_purkis

adam_purkis

Dec 26, 2011
hey thanks for your response :) the phone was originally UNLOCKED, so i have followed all the steps, and it now shows up as 'RELOCKED' will that be ok to procedd with the RUU? or have i done something wrong? thanks!

EDIT: i also now dont seem to be able to switch the phone on properly? When i power it, the bootloader starts with the

****RELOCKED****
****SECURITY WARNING****

have i done something wrong? kind of worried now

Last edited:

adam_purkis

Dec 26, 2011
ok well i just tried flashing the RUU but i get the ERROR 131: CUstomer ID Error. Basically the wrong RUU for this phone? is there another one available? the phone was bought in hong kong. or unless there is something else i can do to get this to work?

adam_purkis

Dec 26, 2011
unfortunately i am still getting the Error 131 with this RUU as well.. would it be something to do with it being rooted? or any idea where i can find some more to try?

can i tell which RUU i need by looking at the bootloader screen? thanks!

EDIT: apparently the image version on my phone is 1.05.707.5, not sure if that helps.

EDIT: FOUND THE RUU THAT WORKS!! Thanks for your help, it was the WWE version that seemed to restore it. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts