[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Search This thread

Trev186

Jul 16, 2010
Any chance u can add an option to disable the market from limiting apps by device as well ?

I have 3 apps that supposedly are not supposed to work for my phone and therefore are not able to be downloaded.....I get the apps and their updates on my phone by spoofing another phone and clearing cache plus market data....a truly annoying process.

I wish the market would let us just sort things out for ourselves.

Any how this is an awesome mod thank u

Dev0o0o

Aug 15, 2009
London
I am from Syria and we can't use Play Store here ,,, is this gonna help me or do I still need a VPN to access the Store. I am using FOXHOUND ROM latest version, and said to be using this mod, but still I can't download apps without VPN ?? any solution for this problem ,, it is too annoying to connect to VPN every time I want to access the Store and I have to pay for the VPN every month :(

Trev186

Jul 16, 2010
I did the following :

Uninstalled google play
Dropped the vending mod apk into system/data
Booted to recovery
Wiped cache and dalvink
Fixed permissions
I am running android 4.0 on an epic 4g touch so ics automatically optimized all 334 apps on my phone at boot

After all this I see no changes...

I searched for a free Korean app I currently have called Lord of Destrcution and found nothing...

I am also still not about to find painkiller or final space premium...I got both these apps by spoofing a different device and purchasing them...

Clearer instructions are needed

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bluewr

Jan 9, 2012
Still unable to install with your method using ES File explorer and Root explorer.

My device are both rooted.

Asus TF201 - Latest OTA
G2 - ILWT newest version

lonelyw

Feb 21, 2008
An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed error

apradilla

Apr 17, 2012
Mandatory root?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on android 2.3.4 which is latest Samsung version updated through kies. Non rooted device. I haven't been able to install the mod version. Any workaround?

Thanks
Andres P

shinji257

I too can't get it to install. Using AT&T version. When I try to install straight up I get Application Not install. Replacing /system/app version causes it to disappear. Replacing /data/app version causes force closes then upon reboot it disappears. Ideas?

EDIT: Well soon after posting this I found that both the Market and Google Play apps went missing. Removed the com.vending entry from /data/app but left Phonesky.apk on the phone (it's 2.3.6... go figure). Once I did that it still wouldn't come back so I went and cleared cache and dalvik cache with no change. Last I fixed permissions. Once I did that I was able to start to install the Google Play store apks from the op post normally. It still got weird and stuck though so I finally went and cleared data and loaded the app back up giving it permission where prompted and all was golden after that. Still don't know what happened but there you go.

Found that it doesn't work still. Here is an example item.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=amw.walld7

When you search by the id on the US market it fails to show at all. If you use market enabler to fake the region it just fails at an error occurred. Also I'm finding that it FCs when I try to download and the fix on the op posting doesn't work (file doesn't exist).

EDIT2: In an effort to fix the marketplace on my phone I install the CM7 flashable pack and totally screw myself over on it. Oh well. Guess I'm installing the ICS leak earlier than expected. :p

Last edited:

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
So, how can i tell if i have access to other countries apps, don't see any foreign apps. Can some give a suggestion app that is not in the us?

fql89

Dec 8, 2010
it didnt work for me, it just remove the banner that said it's not available in my country, when i tried to download, it just give me an error message

viperdriver2000

Apr 12, 2012
Berlin
i have an viewpad 7e.
i copy the apk to /system/app then i rename it to vending.apk.

after that it works.

apps like facebook i can install now. but only because it is in my history. if i search for it, i don´t find it.
another app i can´t find is slideIT Keyboard and so on...

any ideas to that?

EDIT:
Okay i have tried a little.
google+ app...i can click download but i get a error 940...
:(

greets from germany

Last edited:

A380

May 9, 2010

+1

LP 7 Lite'ning ROM and Siyah kernel.

This whole app only seems to avoid showing the warning messages about region and device compatibility. It still won't let me install any app that was barred before.

Obviously, it would make sense for Google to control this on the server side, not on the client side. I guess this is exactly what they're doing, so this modded app is pointless. Google knows in which country you are, based on ip address, sim card, credit card.

Last edited:

azulpiscina

Apr 22, 2011
I killed my gapps.

Tried to install vending-mod.apk

None of gapps works (gtalk, gmail etc.)

lol

* defy using cm9 20120413 nightly

update: fixed. Just patched the gapps.zip from recovery.

Then I uninstalled the orignal gplay using titanium them put the vending.apk in the system/app.

Reboot, open and.... doesnt works...

Last edited:

bakson360

Nov 8, 2011
EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
j4dSD.png
Fgify.png
ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
Requirements: Android v2.2+
Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
- Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
- Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
- Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

Mod version features:
- Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
- Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
- Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You should be able to just replace the apk by simply running the package, if not:

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm

it means that i will download Paid apps free ??I don't understand what you call remove country restriction sorry for the question

Mario Christian Oquias

Oct 24, 2011
manila
sorry to my understanding this can work with several devices,... anyway i tried this on my nexus s, downloaded the apps from the respective links, tried to install it using root explorer, first and second tries failed, i deleted the phonesky.apk and un installed the updates to play store,...then tried again to install.. it did install though it just reverted back to the original app, which has the restrictions, do i use another account that is based on the us or what was i doing wrong here?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
    j4dSD.png
    Fgify.png
    ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
    Requirements: Android v2.2+
    Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
    - Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
    - Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
    ----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
    :

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
    - You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
    - You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
    - Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
    - Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
    - Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
    You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
    2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
    3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
    4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
    5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
    2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
    3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
    4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
    5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
    6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
    7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
    8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
    If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
    set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
    a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
    and then delete the file
    "smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
    should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

http://rapidgator.net/file/2202601/Vending.apk.html
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)

It's already on v3.5.15
    @protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.