[Q]Reflash stock rom

Search This thread

albwh

Apr 5, 2013
Is there any tool that will reinstall the stock rom on a Nexus 5 with LOCKED bootloader? Something like emergency reflash from LG Support Tool.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Is there any tool that will reinstall the stock rom on a Nexus 5 with LOCKED bootloader? Something like emergency reflash from LG Support Tool.

If you have to reinstall the stock firmware why do you care? Just unlock the bootloader, you're going to lose everything anyway.

What situation are you in. There may be ways to save your data

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

albwh

Apr 5, 2013
The ideea is that I want to root this phone with Towelroot and I've heard that if Google detects a change in the system you can't install any more OTA updates. If this is true, I want to find a method to reflash the stock so I cand get the updates.

jss2

Feb 12, 2012
Greater Boston Area
The ideea is that I want to root this phone with Towelroot and I've heard that if Google detects a change in the system you can't install any more OTA updates. If this is true, I want to find a method to reflash the stock so I cand get the updates.

If you're rooted but otherwise completely stock, you should get OTA updates no problem.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

Well if you modify any system files you don't get the ota. Your best bet is to root and then flash a custom recovery with flashify and then flash a stock rom zip that will be created shortly after any updates come out. You can also unlock the bootloader without wiping data with boot unlocker after your rooted.

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Well if you modify any system files you don't get the ota. Your best bet is to root and then flash a custom recovery with flashify and then flash a stock rom zip that will be created shortly after any updates come out. You can also unlock the bootloader without wiping data with boot unlocker after your rooted.

There's a whole sticky on returning to stock so you can get OTAs. </thread>

Wakamatsu

Jan 3, 2011
If you're able to flash the stock ROM, you should be past the point where you need to worry about being able to get any updates.

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Yeah. I'd highly recommend just flashing a prerooted busybox stock ROM. You can always do a dirty flash over stock ROM and still keep data.

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010

You do get the OTA, but if you modify /system/ or something else, the OTA won't install.

D

Darth

It takes 10 minutes to return to stock for an OTA. Just do what you want with the phone now and enjoy! ;)

The next OTA will be months from now. Return to stock then.

yashade2001

Sep 29, 2012
Ankara
You dont need any tool. Download factory image and flash that by executing flash-all.bat (for windows, if you use linux execute flash-all.sh). Flash a custom recovery. Then remove hidden tampered flag by flashing tampered flag remover zip. Then flash stock recovery and lock bootloader by typing fastboot oem lock.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
You dont need any tool. Download factory image and flash that by executing flash-all.bat (for windows, if you use linux execute flash-all.sh). Flash a custom recovery. Then remove hidden tampered flag by flashing tampered flag remover zip. Then flash stock recovery and lock bootloader by typing fastboot oem lock.

You can do the last 2 steps using bootunlocker from play

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
How someone can get my data if i have a unlocked bootloader?

Locking the bootloader isn't enough on its own.

Android: adb pull data, MTP (Screen lock can prevent)
Custom recovery: adb pull data, flash zip to turn off android lock screen (Recovery lock can prevent)
Lock bootloader: Prevent replacing locked recovery with unlocked recovery,

Reactions: yashade2001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How someone can get my data if i have a unlocked bootloader?

Locking the bootloader isn't enough on its own.

Android: adb pull data, MTP (Screen lock can prevent)
    Custom recovery: adb pull data, flash zip to turn off android lock screen (Recovery lock can prevent)
    Lock bootloader: Prevent replacing locked recovery with unlocked recovery,