(Mod) Enable voLTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nicotheandroidguy

Dec 4, 2012
Los Angeles
LOL! Yup...you are correct!

XLTE is BAND 4 LTE (AWS) which our phone is more than capable of...... voLTE..not so much from everything I've read.

Our phone should be compatible with VoLTE that is why the option was left in the menu, this indicates that Verizon is testing VoLTE and when they flip the switch a Software Update will enable that setting and VoLTE will work.

bakemcbride21

Sep 15, 2009
Our phone should be compatible with VoLTE that is why the option was left in the menu, this indicates that Verizon is testing VoLTE and when they flip the switch a Software Update will enable that setting and VoLTE will work.

I'm still holding out hope that's the case...but the FCC filing that's linked here and two HTC spokespeople said otherwise...so going on the published available information as of today I'd say the answer is no.

But I agree...why have it hidden in the menu then? Perhaps the international or GPE edition can do voLTE with a firmware upgrade but not the Verizon variant?

Or maybe the HTC people were talking about the international version and Verizon had them make it voLTE compatible for a later date? That's my hope but again, nothing on the web points to that.

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
M

mdorrett

From what I understand and everything that I have seen VOLTE will be available to most on the 19th which corresponds to the iPhone 6 release day. Also I know that some employees have access to it already. You can go into MyVerizon and add it to plan as a free feature.

jhong1226

Oct 1, 2010
I activated volte on my g2 today, had to sign up for it through the website. Only available on my g2 the other phone in my plan don't have that option yet.

Last edited:

jpinsl

May 1, 2008
It is not available yet on the HTC m8. When you are in your Verizon account, I just typed volte in the search and it brings up Introducing Advance Calling 1.0. Click on details and then you can click on Get Advanced Calling 1.0

If you try to enable it on the M8, VZW responds: Feature Not Available. The selected device is not compatible with this feature.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
It was under features, had to select under my lg g2 , the other phones on my plan did not show advance calling available.

Do you have access to an :M8?
I'm curious if you add it on the g2 line (which is tied to the SIM card) and pop the g2 SIM into the m8 if the feature will stay on the associated card and after enabling it in the xml if it would work on the m8

sent from space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I work for Verizon (on the field tech side) we are currently rolling out AWS which is LTE overflow for when they launch voice over LTE so if you have AWS it will work fo sho. The things that are coming from us will blow your minds. Wait until you see what happens next year! :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app
    Closing this thread as no MOD exists... Volte is an account level provisioned service that no amount of hacking on the phone side will enable.
    How would one even confirm that it works? I'm willing to try it out but I can't figure out a way to isolate the LTE signal. As long as LTE is enabled so will be regular voice, and there's no way for me to figure out over which band the call is going.

You can force LTE Only. I use the old LTE On/OFF from the Thunderbolt days. It gets you into the advanced Phone Info menu and you can select LTE Only and you will not be able to send any texts or make any calls.

So if you then can...Verizon has voLTE up and running in your area.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

voLTE is not alive and well in Newark, NJ yet :(
    So I changed my default.xml and turned off everything but LTE (thanks @bakemcbride21) and it seems that I can still send/receive SMS, but I can't place or receive phone calls. Very strange!

Same here!
    Ah, good to know it's not just me lol. I was kind of hoping I could cancel my voice plan though :p

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

No kidding, that and never seeing 3g ever again would be nice.