[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Search This thread

atillo

Jan 2, 2009
Navigation Question?

Does anyone know if Maps 5.10 works with the new GSB 4.0. I started having nav problems on GSB back around Mothers Day last spring (I don't remember what version of GSB or Maps). While Shed was away I started using Condemned Souls rom, I had the same problem with Maps on his rom. The solution was to roll back to Maps 5.2. I am currently running Condemned CM7 V18.2 and Maps 5.10 works perfectly.

I was wondering if the Maps problem was a CM problem that has been fixed. Has anyone tried Maps 5.10 with GSB 4.0? Does it work?

Thanks,

workshed

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
Does anyone know if Maps 5.10 works with the new GSB 4.0. I started having nav problems on GSB back around Mothers Day last spring (I don't remember what version of GSB or Maps). While Shed was away I started using Condemned Souls rom, I had the same problem with Maps on his rom. The solution was to roll back to Maps 5.2. I am currently running Condemned CM7 V18.2 and Maps 5.10 works perfectly.

I was wondering if the Maps problem was a CM problem that has been fixed. Has anyone tried Maps 5.10 with GSB 4.0? Does it work?

Thanks,

I've had a few people PM me and said the latest maps worked for them with GSB v3.8, other than that I'm not sure if it's 100% working or not, sorry.

Reactions: atillo

workshed

Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
v4.0 ODEX'D

• GSB.v4.0-CM7.1.0-RC1-Eris-signed.zip <- This version is Non-Odex'd. Grab this version if you like to go crazy theming your phone
    NOTE: Rings Lockscreen didn't make it into this build, next one.
  • | md5sum
  • GSB.v4.0-ODEX-CM7.1.0-RC1-Eris-signed.zip <- This version is Odex'd. Grab this version if you like a more snappy/stable phone that you can lightly theme
    NOTE: This build has the rings lockscreen: If you want multiple custom apps like in the screenshots you have to set that up in Lockscreen settings > Custom application. Just keep adding till you're done
  • | md5sum
  • Mirror
Google Apps (gapps)

Here's the ODEX'D version as I promised. Updated the gapps link too. Remember you have to manually setup the rings lockscreen to show you multiple apps to run when long pressing the "Custom App" icon on the lockscreen.

Hit me up on Twitter! :D ;)

Yorb

Jul 26, 2010
Durham
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Question for you shed... what constitutes too much theming for odex? All I do really is switch to the androidian theme and change some settings for launcherpro. That shouldn't affect my performance, right?

Also...just noticed I don't have maps or navigation. Thought gapps would have installed those? Maybe it's because I never got that market first run thing after I canceled it at first to turn wifi on?

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA

fo0you

Jul 16, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Question for you shed... what constitutes too much theming for odex? All I do really is switch to the androidian theme and change some settings for launcherpro. That shouldn't affect my performance, right

Not 'Shed, but a self-confessed UOT kitchen and theming addict here...

If all you do is use standard theme chooser themes, then yeah, ODEX is probably your best bet

The only reason non-odex is good for heavy theming is that ODEX roms don't allow for statusbar transparency (like are found in certain theme chooser themes), and certain other changes that requires the classes.dex file in the systemui.apk (which ODEX does not have).

Yorb

Jul 26, 2010
Durham
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Not 'Shed, but a self-confessed UOT kitchen and theming addict here...

If all you do is use standard theme chooser themes, then yeah, ODEX is probably your best bet

The only reason non-odex is good for heavy theming is that ODEX roms don't allow for statusbar transparency (like are found in certain theme chooser themes), and certain other changes that requires the classes.dex file in the systemui.apk (which ODEX does not have).

Thanks! Good info.

Yorb

Jul 26, 2010
Durham
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Bug report for ya shed: Facebook connect doesn't work for a lot of apps. So far i've noticed it on words with friends, hanging with friends, and flixster Movies. movies worked in 3.8, the others did not. :/

Reactions: workshed

dusthead

Apr 11, 2010
the down direction for my trackball isn't working...got in to recovery and was like WAAAAAAAT!? lol. a little pivoting force placed on my usb connection while plugged in - tried the whole range to find the right one - and then it worked but only when i hold that little bit of force on it.

haha, turns out i can even just push down and off of my usb cable to move the selection down (instead of rolling the trackball). it's not perfect, but humorous.

the things we do to keep our erii alive - and using the freshest GSB...

doogald

May 27, 2010
the down direction for my trackball isn't working...got in to recovery and was like WAAAAAAAT!? lol. a little pivoting force placed on my usb connection while plugged in - tried the whole range to find the right one - and then it worked but only when i hold that little bit of force on it..

You should install ScaryAlien's alternate version of Amon_RA that allows you to use the hardware keys to move up and down and select as well as the trackball.

See http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...2-custom-recovery-trackball-not-required.html (use Scenario 3).

danam

May 18, 2010
I probably don't want to hear the answer to this, but can I just flash this on top of 3.8 or do I have to wipe and reinstall gapps, apps, and settings?

workshed

Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
Bug report for ya shed: Facebook connect doesn't work for a lot of apps. So far i've noticed it on words with friends, hanging with friends, and flixster Movies. movies worked in 3.8, the others did not. :/

Hmm, would definitely need a logcat of you trying to connect. Not sure if I've ever used the feature, so I'm not totally sure what you're talking about. Anyone else experiencing this?

I probably don't want to hear the answer to this, but can I just flash this on top of 3.8 or do I have to wipe and reinstall gapps, apps, and settings?

Wipe data and dalvik like it says, just to be safe. Apps should redownload automatically. But yes you'll have to redo settings. took me about 4hrs. :p

Yorb would be correct lol. 4.0 has a totally different framework so it'd be wise to start fresh :)

Super_Dork_42

Okay, so I don't know what's going on here, but there have been some apps show up in the market that used to work with my phone on previous versions of this ROM and on other ROMs, but now say they are incompatible with my phone. What's going on. So far there have been two, but I am still trying to restore everything to the way I had it and have about 32 apps left to remember and redownload since the TB backups of the same apps in xtrSENSE don't work in GSB. Does anyone have a working apk for either Ministry School Timer or Google+ I could get from you?

jsmith.98

Jul 30, 2010
Okay, so I don't know what's going on here, but there have been some apps show up in the market that used to work with my phone on previous versions of this ROM and on other ROMs, but now say they are incompatible with my phone. What's going on. So far there have been two, but I am still trying to restore everything to the way I had it and have about 32 apps left to remember and redownload since the TB backups of the same apps in xtrSENSE don't work in GSB. Does anyone have a working apk for either Ministry School Timer or Google+ I could get from you?

MongooseHelix posted a working (older) version to Google+ on CS's forum in response to the newest version not working with the Eris. Here's a link to the post...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17727649&postcount=1067

Reactions: Super_Dork_42

WhistlingDog

Dec 21, 2010
4.0 odex working well so far.

Did the full wipe/reinstall. The market didn't install all of my apps, but after an hour of manually installing them they're all here... at least the ones I actually use (housekeeping is good). Installed CS's HTC-IME-MOD keyboard (have come to like it better than the stock gingerbread version--larger keys for our tiny screen).

Working well and feeling a bit snappier than 3.8
Thx, Shed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMOD 7.2 [Gingerbread 2.3.7] for the HTC Eris

Thanks to...

Conap - for being one of the best people I know on the internet, and a great Mentor. You're the best, man!
    Cyanogen & Team Douche - for all the hours of awesome work they do
    gnarlyc - for helping pin down the camera and gps issue
    The Hero Crowd - for doing awesome dev work that has helped us eris devs greatly
    bftb0 - for the Undead call Fix Script
    MOS95B - for the awesome file hosting server
    Tazz - for the tiny gapps package
    CondemnedSoul - for the qcom lib & Maps 5.2
    MongooseHelix - for deving and sharing with me, awesome guy.
    zach.xtr - for the great Cache2Cache Script
    sonnysekhon & boykioy - for the ICS theming
    HaRdC0r3 - for loads of tweaks
    Anyone that has donated! - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

|| Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 - CyanogenMOD 7.2
    || Sync'd with CM7 source & compiled on 03-24-2012
    || Conap's Unreleased CFS Kernel clocked @ max:604mhz - min:245mhz Governor: ondemand (try smartass gov for better batt life)
    || Undead Call Fix by bftb0
    || GO-LauncherEX
    || Odexed!
    || Bootanimation Credit: Adam2010

As everyone should know...
    always nandroid backup before flashing anything...
    and know what you're doing...
    dev's are not responsible for your actions...

Instructions ...
    || Boot in recovery...
    || Do a full wipe of data+dalvik...
    || Flash GSB...
    || REBOOT...
    || let phone settle for a bit, come back and setup...

Yell out in joy, that our End of Life Eris has GB on it! :D

THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

WALLPAPER - should already be on your sdcard in GSB-Extras/wallpaper.

Please donate something if you like my efforts. I truly appreciate it!
    DONATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can follow me on twitter @w0rkshed

SOURCE
    KERNEL
    FIXES/CHANGELOG

v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    v4.4 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to RC1
    • Chinese characters should be fixed
    • Cleaned up framework
    • Updated some apps
    v4.3 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to CM7.2.0-RC0
    • Recompiled CFS Kernel: added tun.ko & cifs.ko modules (both confirmed working)
    • Fixed Minimal Lockscreen Style
    • Quicker screen off animation (reboot phone after initial setup)
    • Overall smaller footprint
    v4.2 Fixes/Changes
    • No more LauncherPro: Until Fede updates LP, I am going with Go-launcher as stock. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.
    • Theme packages are on sdcard in "GSB-Extras" you must install them and then apply them both (1 is for the t-mobile ThemeChooser and 1 is for go-launcher)
    • Added Maps 5.2 to ROM: UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK, you could lose Maps function with newer updates.
    • Hard themed the lockscreen to look ICS-ish. NOTE: Phone slide lock has a white circle around it, I know, but I kind of like it :)
    • All theme credits besides the lockscreen jog dials (me) go to sonnysekhon & boykioy
    • Turned down max cpu to 604 - removed hardcoded mem values and turned off compcache & jit since it was causing some problems. You can always re-enable them.
    • Removed: CMwallpapers, CM themes & Rom Manager
    • Added Honeycomb lockscreen clock font & ICS Roboto font
    v4.1 Fixes/Changes
    • out of RC phase
    • updated mainline to android 2.3.7
    • now set by default: compcache=18% Jit=On VM heap size=48m NOTE: you can turn these off in cyanogen mod settings if you experience slowdowns
    • rotation to landscape fixed: changed the libGLES_qcom in source to build working libGLES_android.so, thanks to CS for pointing it out in his fix.
    • yes, no ring lag script is still in there ;)
    v4.0 Fixes/Changes
    • Fixed built in CM screenshot (hold power key and select in menu)
    • Updated fingerprint to 2.3.5
    • Added the no_ring_lag script, thanks computerfreek and klobkelosh (EDIT: ODEX version doesn't have the no_ring_lag script, you can install it on your own and test if you'd like.)
    • Still have home screen redraws after reboot, that so called "fix" isn't working, just use Zeps V6 script - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    • Here are all the official CM changes since GSB 3.8 - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Archived Fixes/Changes
    Extra Downloads! - Provided by: MOS95b

These are all .apks and will need to go in system/app
    Use a file explorer with su permissions or adb
    Or just place them on your sdcard and press to install

Since I removed CM7 Themes: Androidian & Cyanbread
    I made flashable zip's so you can have them back if you want.

ROM Archives! - Provided by: MOS95b
    NOTE: No support for these, they're retired...
    v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

I love you all ;) thank you for so many fun times!
    I should be getting a rezound soon, right now I'm releasing for the tbolt still.

See you around?

-shed
    Wow, ok, so I got a TON of PM's ... I really had no idea so many people loved this ROM. I'm going to try and stick with you all for a bit longer and keep releasing updates, I'll see how it goes.

This is in response to all the PM's & comments lol ... made me feel bad ;)