[ROM][Updated 6.1.12]viperROM eLiTE v1.2.1 - OC Daemon, viperControl, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
viperROM_LTE_banner.png

The FIRST custom ROM for the EVO 4G LTE!

A GREAT video review of viperROM eLiTE by disturb3d1, definitely worth checking out!!

Hello everybody and WELCOME to viperROM, the first custom ROM for the EVO 4G LTE. Here at viperROM, you can expect the best battery life, outstanding support, and a great place to ask your questions and contribute to the ROM! Here are the details:

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1.2.1 ===============
  • Added Advanced Power Menu
  • Updated vC (better handling of virtuous_oc when changing settings)
  • Fixed the init.qcomm.post_boot.sh script (somehow didn't save the memory settings I set...)

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1.2 ===============
  • Fix Friendstream Facebook issue - (Added back stock Facebook.apk to /system)
  • Fixed power down animation
  • Added larger battery icons
  • Added 1x in notification bar
  • Added Flashlight.apk
  • Set default ROM settings via a one-time script
  • Tweaked system more
  • Enabled a power saving 3G mode (option to undo by typing su and then setsettingsrecover in terminal or adb shell)
  • Disable Tell HTC in Setup Wizard and system
  • Removed otacerts.zip and unused htc up and down animations
  • Removed unneeded apps and files (CheckinProvider.apk, DemoFLOPackageInstaller.apk, GSD.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk, HtcCOTAClient.apk, HtcFeedback.apk, MyReportAgent.apk, 4578_SPC_HTC_Mobile_Guide_Jewel.apk, Smith.apk and Transfer.apk -still available in /internal_sdcard/viperROM/removed_apps if you need them)

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1.1 ===============
  • Better multitasking experience (lowered minfree values)
  • Added battery percentages
  • Hide GPS icon when not active
  • Modded Camera.apk to add option to toggle shutter sound (thanks SteelH)
  • Lowered autobrightness values
  • Updated viperControl to fix damaged /misc partition
  • Added GooManager
  • Fix facebook picture sync
  • Added new reboot binary

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1 ===============
  • Stock deodexed 1.13.651.1 RUU base (thanks omj for deodexed apps and framework)
  • Added apps: aLogcat, Adobe Flash, Google+, Wifi Tether, Titanium Backup, Android Terminal Emulator, Root Browser, and Metamorph
  • Modified stock kernel - insecure, init.d support, persist adb
  • virtuous_oc daemon for performance and battery life (more info below)
  • viperControl script (read more below)
  • Quick Settings in status bar (thanks aamikaam)
  • Tweaks to kernel, system, sysctl, and build.prop
  • Tweaked init.qcom.post_boot.sh for battery life
  • Ads blocked
  • Custom viperROM wallpapers under HTC Wallpapers (thanks shift)
  • Custom sysro, sysrw, and mountcheck scripts in /system/xbin (quick mount /system ro, rw, and check mount status easily)
  • 600kb, 2MB, and 5MB MMS options (600kb default)
  • zipalign on boot

=============== Requirements ===============
HTCdev Unlock (Choose "All Other Supported Models" and follow all the directions, including driver install)
Custom recovery - I would recommend TWRP since it doesn't have the /misc issue anymore

=============== How to Flash ===============
  • Download the ROM below and place on your internal_sdcard or sdcard (doesn't matter, just remember where you put it!)
  • Go into Settings > Power > Fast Boot and uncheck that.
  • Turn the phone off. Once off, press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button until you reach the white bootloader screen
  • Choose "RECOVERY" (volume down and up to move, power to select)
  • You SHOULD make a backup by tapping on the "Backup" button. You are not required, but I would recommend it.
  • You also SHOULD manually wipe cache, dalvik-cache, and factory reset (wipe /data). This can be done by tapping on the "Wipe" button. Choose those 3 options (and even system if you want, even though the install script does that for you)
  • Choose "Install" and locate the ROM wherever you put it. NOTE: If you don't see it, make sure that either internal_sdcard or sdcard is mounted. This can be done via the "Mount" button at the main menu of TWRP. Be sure that either internal_sdcard or sdcard is checked!
  • Wait until the install is finished and then tap "Reboot to System"

It has been asked to make it easier to donate for people using Tapatalk, so here are the links...

Donate to -viperboy-
http://bit.ly/n7sB9g

Donate to Vinchenzop
http://bit.ly/n47Q1c

=============== Downloads ===============

viperROM eLiTE v1.2.1 - [MUST BE ON v1.2! This is an INCREMENTAL UPDATE, not a full ROM!] - Download:Mirror - Also available via GooManager
md5sum: b810ab93337d136eb9a212283d948766
Size: 12.24 MB

viperROM eLiTE v1.2 - [REQUIRES /data wipe to fix Facebook issue!] - Download: mirror
md5sum: 7ac078ea97c5599fa3d5f2307c41990b
Size: 554.65 MB

viperROM eLiTE v1.1 update [MUST BE ON v1! This is an INCREMENTAL UPDATE, not a full ROM!] - Download - Also available via GooManager
md5sum: 424056e42fd40705a853cf97ae72cc42
Size: 20.03 MB

viperROM eLiTE v1 - Download
md5sum: 23cf2824dc86ca950912fa2819a8cd72
Size: 572.47 MB

=============== Credits ===============
  • Vinchenzop for being a key part of viperROM
  • toastcfh for the initial CWM recovery for EVO 4G LTE
  • eyeballer and Dees_Troy for their awesome support of TWRP
  • Virtuous Team and rmk40 for the initial leak and oc_daemon
  • omj for the deodex apps and framework
  • aamikaam for the Quick Settings
  • All the helpful folks in #HTC-EVO-LTE

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
FAQ (Updated 5.29.12)

Q: What makes this ROM different than all the other ROMs?
A: First and foremost, you will get the best support from the viperROM Team (-viperboy- and Vinchenzop). We personally reply to almost every post and we're always in the thread trying to help out. If you have to wait more than an hour or so for your question to be answered, that is unusual! What else is different??

• The inclusion of the OC Daemon for unprecedented battery life and performance
  • The custom viperControl script that handles the OC daemon, bloat, and removed app management (more to come too!)
  • A highly tuned system for incredible smoothness

Q: Do I really need to wipe coming from another version of viperROM?
A: I always recommend that and that is how I test my ROMs. You may be not have any issues if you don't wipe, but you might.

Q: Where are all the cool add-ons?
A: Check post 4 for more information. More add-ons will be posted and available in GooManager in the future.

Q: What is battery calibration and should I do it?
A: Yes!! If you aren't getting wonderful battery life or you think you can do better, do it! Here is the method I have used even back to my EVO 4G and it has always done well by me: Wipe battery stats (from recovery, or Battery Monitor Widget can do it [Menu > Statistics] and it doesn't matter what percentage you're at when you do so. Let the phone die and then fully charge. Take it off the charger and don't plug it in until it dies again, then fully charge. Your next charge cycle will be much better!

What some people don't understand is that you're not calibrating the battery as you are calibrating the phone. When you wipe and do this procedure, the phone reads where the max and min voltages are so it can report battery stats accurately.

Q: What is the deal with tethering?
A: As of right now, native tethering isn't unlocked. The included WiFi Tether should work just fine. You may need to play with the settings, possibly choosing "Generic ICS" under device profile and enabling "Routing Fix" and "Enable MSS Clamping"

Q: What kernel should I use with this ROM?
A: As of this writing, there are no custom kernels available. Stock is pretty damn good though!

Q: Does everything work with this ROM?
A: Yes, everything works!

Q: I'm getting less than great battery life, what is the deal?
A: Battery life is affected by many things, such as screen-on time, signal strength, etc. Be sure that you do not have any rogue apps by checking for wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats found Here

Q: Do any themes work with this ROM?
A: The only mods and themes that we can be sure will be compatible with viperROM are the ones that are found within this thread or available via GooManager. If there is a theme that you would like to try, make a nandroid and try it. If it doesn't work, restore your nandroid. Please let us know any themes that do work with viperROM!

Q: Where can updates be found for the ROM?
A: Updates can be found in the thread or the GooManager app.

Q: I would like to suggest something be fixed/updated/added to the ROM. How do I do that?
A: Please submit it to the viperROM Google Code page so we can track it. Please make sure to mention it in the thread as well so we are aware of it!

Q: What are all of the governors, schedulers, and other kernel tweaks I keep reading about?
A: Refer to this thread for any information regarding kernel tweaks.

---------------------- Special Features of viperROM ----------------------

viperControl Script

vc1.png
vc2.png
vc3.png
vc4.png

This script is the main script used to control many features within viperROM. Currently with this script, you can:

• Adjust the OC Daemon
  • Change schedulers
  • Adjust voltage (if on a custom kernel)
  • Manage removed apps
  • Freeze any app on the phone - NOTE: Not available on ICS yet!
  • Modify lock screen text - NOTE: Not available on ICS yet!
  • Run "fix permissions" (for FC issues)
  • Adjust the capacitive button brightness
  • Edit some features in build.prop
  • Manage the hosts file
  • Fix a damaged /misc partition

To access viperControl:

• Open up Terminal Emulator
  • Type "su" (lowercase, without the quotes and grant it Superuser access if you haven't already)
  • Type "vc" (lowercase, without the quotes)

OC Daemon

The OC daemon was created by rmk40 of Team Unity. I take no credit for the daemon, only the script I made to make it easier to work with. More information can be found here, but I will sum it up and explain the script below...

This daemon, written in C, completely eliminates the need for SetCPU and other CPU controlling apps. The daemon handles min/max frequencies for both screen on and screen off but it has one more trick up its sleeve... It can change the governor INSTANTLY depending on the screen state. I have tested it and I can tell you that it really does work instantly and I think this is going to be a great battery saver! I have set default values within the ROM as follows: Screen Off - conservative @ 192min/432max and Screen On - ondemand @ 192min/1188max. Using these settings, I get NO lag. Battery life is amazing, over 19+ hours for me with moderate usage!

If you decide that you want to change the settings of the daemon, here is how you do so...

• Type "su" (lowercase, without the quotes and grant it Superuser access if you haven't already)
  • Enter "1" (without the quotes) and you will see all of your options

All the settings can be edited from there. If you want to verify that this is working, you can run these commands from adb shell:

Current CPU frequency
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Current CPU governor
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Current min CPU Freq (you will see this change when the screen state changes)
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Current max CPU Freq (you will see this change when the screen state changes)
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Here are a few things that you need to know about the script...

• You MUST flash a custom kernel to overclock! The ROM includeds the stock kernel that is not capable of overclocking. Well why do you call it the "OC Daemon" then?? Because I didn't make it and that's what they called it AND the daemon is capable of controlling OC. Makes sense to me. If you want to overclock (after flashing a custom kernel, of course), run the script and change the MAX awake to whatever OC you would like.
  • The phone will boot up and detect if you're using SetCPU or other CPU apps. If you are, the daemon will be DISABLED automatically. If you aren't, the daemon will be enabled.

Last edited:

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Installed and running it through its paces.

I had one issue where my BT pairings weren't working. I'd pair, then look back and the pairings were gone.

Rebooted/cleared cache/dalvik/fixed permissions seems to be ok now.

Speeds are good. Doesn't seem much faster than stock, but still working on it.
So far, stable. Gotta go out in a bit so I'll look at battery life and other stuff then, but it seems typical ViperRom at this point: Fast, stable, and wonderful. :)

Vin, get to work on battery percents and stuff! ;)

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Sweet now I just need to root :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yes please. ;)

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
I
Installed and running it through its paces.

I had one issue where my BT pairings weren't working. I'd pair, then look back and the pairings were gone.

Rebooted/cleared cache/dalvik/fixed permissions seems to be ok now.

Speeds are good. Doesn't seem much faster than stock, but still working on it.
So far, stable. Gotta go out in a bit so I'll look at battery life and other stuff then, but it seems typical ViperRom at this point: Fast, stable, and wonderful. :)

Vin, get to work on battery percents and stuff! ;)

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Yes please. ;)

As usual, I'll be running this show. You need to quit complaining. I'll put up with this in the 3d forums, but here, we just make out (awkward?). I'll get to the percentages tonight most likely

Edit: I haven't seen it yet, but I'll host a mirror shortly so there's no issues for people

Chaosmaker2k

Dec 17, 2010
Ocala
Anyone wanna pm me a HTC dev login? I been trying for 2 days to get activation email. Used all 4 of my email accounts. Looks like I'm going to have to start making new ones.
:-(

Jabawockee

Oct 3, 2011
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Viper sent me his login info so I could manage the thread. Early to bed early to rise (I was drinking until 3am and woke up at 6)

Wow. You must be in your early twenties. Lol. Anyways thanks for this. I tried applying the circle battery mod on this Rom but didn't work because I forgot where I put the 3 xml files I needed before recompiling. I'll just leave that up to the professionals.

sent from my rooted EVO LTE

Reactions: Riff76 and ckoadiyn

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Anyone wanna pm me a HTC dev login? I been trying for 2 days to get activation email. Used all 4 of my email accounts. Looks like I'm going to have to start making new ones.
:-(

Can you do that? If so, pm me

Wow. You must be in your early twenties. Lol. Anyways thanks for this. I tried applying the circle battery mod on this Rom but didn't work because I forgot where I put the 3 xml files I needed before recompiling. I'll just leave that up to the professionals.

sent from my rooted EVO LTE

27, but I party hard. Working A 12 hour shift now. What was the issue with your Xmls?

This may sound noobish but how do you install this rom? I tried to flash the new CW RECOVERY but terminal couldn't push it and i have the htc dev unlocked.

Just flash via recovery. What are you trying to push though terminal?

sofla2

Jul 11, 2011
Naples, FL
Viper sent me his login info so I could manage the thread. Early to bed early to rise (I was drinking until 3am and woke up at 6)

I used to be able to do that. Then something terrible happened.....I got old lol

Anyway, I'm dying to try this but I am having problems getting rooted. When it comes to root, do you do the HTC Dev unlock then run the root script here, or do just one of them?

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Originally Posted by Vinchenzop<br />
<br />
<br />
I used to be able to do that. Then something terrible happened.....I got old lol<br />
<br />
Anyway, I'm dying to try this but I am having problems getting rooted. When it comes to root, do you do the HTC Dev unlock then run the root script here, or do just one of them?

Sofla, you're better than this... :)

Use the HTC unlock method, install a recovery, then flash...

pitch007

Jun 22, 2008
Oklahoma City
HTC Unlocked, TWRP Recovery installed and 1st custom ROM installed. Not bad for 3 days after picking up this device. Restoring apps now and will see how this one compares to stock.

sofla2

Jul 11, 2011
Naples, FL
Sofla, you're better than this... :)

Use the HTC unlock method, install a recovery, then flash...

I spent most of yesterday trying to figure out what I've done wrong. I did the HTC unlock method, and that was the end of things that went right. I tried to install twrp because I read that cwm wasn't working. I installed su but there is no su binary. I'm thinking that is the problem, that I can't use superuser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    viperROM_LTE_banner.png

The FIRST custom ROM for the EVO 4G LTE!

A GREAT video review of viperROM eLiTE by disturb3d1, definitely worth checking out!!

Hello everybody and WELCOME to viperROM, the first custom ROM for the EVO 4G LTE. Here at viperROM, you can expect the best battery life, outstanding support, and a great place to ask your questions and contribute to the ROM! Here are the details:

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1.2.1 ===============
    • Added Advanced Power Menu
    • Updated vC (better handling of virtuous_oc when changing settings)
    • Fixed the init.qcomm.post_boot.sh script (somehow didn't save the memory settings I set...)

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1.2 ===============
    • Fix Friendstream Facebook issue - (Added back stock Facebook.apk to /system)
    • Fixed power down animation
    • Added larger battery icons
    • Added 1x in notification bar
    • Added Flashlight.apk
    • Set default ROM settings via a one-time script
    • Tweaked system more
    • Enabled a power saving 3G mode (option to undo by typing su and then setsettingsrecover in terminal or adb shell)
    • Disable Tell HTC in Setup Wizard and system
    • Removed otacerts.zip and unused htc up and down animations
    • Removed unneeded apps and files (CheckinProvider.apk, DemoFLOPackageInstaller.apk, GSD.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk, HtcCOTAClient.apk, HtcFeedback.apk, MyReportAgent.apk, 4578_SPC_HTC_Mobile_Guide_Jewel.apk, Smith.apk and Transfer.apk -still available in /internal_sdcard/viperROM/removed_apps if you need them)

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1.1 ===============
    • Better multitasking experience (lowered minfree values)
    • Added battery percentages
    • Hide GPS icon when not active
    • Modded Camera.apk to add option to toggle shutter sound (thanks SteelH)
    • Lowered autobrightness values
    • Updated viperControl to fix damaged /misc partition
    • Added GooManager
    • Fix facebook picture sync
    • Added new reboot binary

=============== viperROM eLiTE v1 ===============
    • Stock deodexed 1.13.651.1 RUU base (thanks omj for deodexed apps and framework)
    • Added apps: aLogcat, Adobe Flash, Google+, Wifi Tether, Titanium Backup, Android Terminal Emulator, Root Browser, and Metamorph
    • Modified stock kernel - insecure, init.d support, persist adb
    • virtuous_oc daemon for performance and battery life (more info below)
    • viperControl script (read more below)
    • Quick Settings in status bar (thanks aamikaam)
    • Tweaks to kernel, system, sysctl, and build.prop
    • Tweaked init.qcom.post_boot.sh for battery life
    • Ads blocked
    • Custom viperROM wallpapers under HTC Wallpapers (thanks shift)
    • Custom sysro, sysrw, and mountcheck scripts in /system/xbin (quick mount /system ro, rw, and check mount status easily)
    • 600kb, 2MB, and 5MB MMS options (600kb default)
    • zipalign on boot

=============== Requirements ===============
    HTCdev Unlock (Choose "All Other Supported Models" and follow all the directions, including driver install)
    Custom recovery - I would recommend TWRP since it doesn't have the /misc issue anymore

=============== How to Flash ===============
    • Download the ROM below and place on your internal_sdcard or sdcard (doesn't matter, just remember where you put it!)
    • Go into Settings > Power > Fast Boot and uncheck that.
    • Turn the phone off. Once off, press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button until you reach the white bootloader screen
    • Choose "RECOVERY" (volume down and up to move, power to select)
    • You SHOULD make a backup by tapping on the "Backup" button. You are not required, but I would recommend it.
    • You also SHOULD manually wipe cache, dalvik-cache, and factory reset (wipe /data). This can be done by tapping on the "Wipe" button. Choose those 3 options (and even system if you want, even though the install script does that for you)
    • Choose "Install" and locate the ROM wherever you put it. NOTE: If you don't see it, make sure that either internal_sdcard or sdcard is mounted. This can be done via the "Mount" button at the main menu of TWRP. Be sure that either internal_sdcard or sdcard is checked!
    • Wait until the install is finished and then tap "Reboot to System"

It has been asked to make it easier to donate for people using Tapatalk, so here are the links...

Donate to -viperboy-
    http://bit.ly/n7sB9g

Donate to Vinchenzop
    http://bit.ly/n47Q1c

=============== Downloads ===============

viperROM eLiTE v1.2.1 - [MUST BE ON v1.2! This is an INCREMENTAL UPDATE, not a full ROM!] - Download:Mirror - Also available via GooManager
    md5sum: b810ab93337d136eb9a212283d948766
    Size: 12.24 MB

viperROM eLiTE v1.2 - [REQUIRES /data wipe to fix Facebook issue!] - Download: mirror
    md5sum: 7ac078ea97c5599fa3d5f2307c41990b
    Size: 554.65 MB

viperROM eLiTE v1.1 update [MUST BE ON v1! This is an INCREMENTAL UPDATE, not a full ROM!] - Download - Also available via GooManager
    md5sum: 424056e42fd40705a853cf97ae72cc42
    Size: 20.03 MB

viperROM eLiTE v1 - Download
    md5sum: 23cf2824dc86ca950912fa2819a8cd72
    Size: 572.47 MB

=============== Credits ===============
    • Vinchenzop for being a key part of viperROM
    • toastcfh for the initial CWM recovery for EVO 4G LTE
    • eyeballer and Dees_Troy for their awesome support of TWRP
    • Virtuous Team and rmk40 for the initial leak and oc_daemon
    • omj for the deodex apps and framework
    • aamikaam for the Quick Settings
    • All the helpful folks in #HTC-EVO-LTE
    Ok, so, let me tell you a story...

Over the past few weeks, -viperboy- has been very busy with a magnitude of issues. This had caused a drop in our communication, based on his issues, and my hectic work/family schedule. I had taken on 99% of the work of the ROM building, which is fine. However, I'm not extremely handy when it comes to writing scripts...viper has always handled that, and I create/port/whatever the mods/tweaks. The issue(s) found were contained within some of the scripts that I wrote, most particularly related to wiping. While they would not have caused serious issues, it could of caused improper wiping, among other potential issues.

Both viper and myself work close to 60 hours a week. He will be rechecking the scripts tonight (or as his 'freetime' allows). I said we were aiming for a release today, aiming = not a guarantee. I know that many had their hopes up, and are disappointed by, yet another delay. But I can assure those of you, that think its necessary to show your aggravation with smartass comments...its unwarranted and disrespectful to say the least. Grow up and have respect for the people that did take the time to learn how to do 'these things' so that you can have an *awesome phone*, even if its not on time, by your standards.

I will not give out a potential new ETA, because clearly, some things don't unfold as you'd like. We're hoping it will be over the next few days, but again, that's not an ETA nor a guarantee of any sorts.

Disclaimer: If any of this post offends you, its probably because I was referring to you and your juvenile comments
    About 2100 of mine are from there too Lmao

We need some pics from Vin over in that thread BTW

Sent via XDA Premium

I mean, I've got a few skimpy pics of myself...but showing nipplage over there isn't welcome, so I've kept them to myself...
    FAQ (Updated 5.29.12)

Q: What makes this ROM different than all the other ROMs?
    A: First and foremost, you will get the best support from the viperROM Team (-viperboy- and Vinchenzop). We personally reply to almost every post and we're always in the thread trying to help out. If you have to wait more than an hour or so for your question to be answered, that is unusual! What else is different??

• The inclusion of the OC Daemon for unprecedented battery life and performance
    • The custom viperControl script that handles the OC daemon, bloat, and removed app management (more to come too!)
    • A highly tuned system for incredible smoothness

Q: Do I really need to wipe coming from another version of viperROM?
    A: I always recommend that and that is how I test my ROMs. You may be not have any issues if you don't wipe, but you might.

Q: Where are all the cool add-ons?
    A: Check post 4 for more information. More add-ons will be posted and available in GooManager in the future.

Q: What is battery calibration and should I do it?
    A: Yes!! If you aren't getting wonderful battery life or you think you can do better, do it! Here is the method I have used even back to my EVO 4G and it has always done well by me: Wipe battery stats (from recovery, or Battery Monitor Widget can do it [Menu > Statistics] and it doesn't matter what percentage you're at when you do so. Let the phone die and then fully charge. Take it off the charger and don't plug it in until it dies again, then fully charge. Your next charge cycle will be much better!

What some people don't understand is that you're not calibrating the battery as you are calibrating the phone. When you wipe and do this procedure, the phone reads where the max and min voltages are so it can report battery stats accurately.

Q: What is the deal with tethering?
    A: As of right now, native tethering isn't unlocked. The included WiFi Tether should work just fine. You may need to play with the settings, possibly choosing "Generic ICS" under device profile and enabling "Routing Fix" and "Enable MSS Clamping"

Q: What kernel should I use with this ROM?
    A: As of this writing, there are no custom kernels available. Stock is pretty damn good though!

Q: Does everything work with this ROM?
    A: Yes, everything works!

Q: I'm getting less than great battery life, what is the deal?
    A: Battery life is affected by many things, such as screen-on time, signal strength, etc. Be sure that you do not have any rogue apps by checking for wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats found Here

Q: Do any themes work with this ROM?
    A: The only mods and themes that we can be sure will be compatible with viperROM are the ones that are found within this thread or available via GooManager. If there is a theme that you would like to try, make a nandroid and try it. If it doesn't work, restore your nandroid. Please let us know any themes that do work with viperROM!

Q: Where can updates be found for the ROM?
    A: Updates can be found in the thread or the GooManager app.

Q: I would like to suggest something be fixed/updated/added to the ROM. How do I do that?
    A: Please submit it to the viperROM Google Code page so we can track it. Please make sure to mention it in the thread as well so we are aware of it!

Q: What are all of the governors, schedulers, and other kernel tweaks I keep reading about?
    A: Refer to this thread for any information regarding kernel tweaks.

---------------------- Special Features of viperROM ----------------------

viperControl Script

vc1.png
    vc2.png
    vc3.png
    vc4.png

This script is the main script used to control many features within viperROM. Currently with this script, you can:

• Adjust the OC Daemon
    • Change schedulers
    • Adjust voltage (if on a custom kernel)
    • Manage removed apps
    • Freeze any app on the phone - NOTE: Not available on ICS yet!
    • Modify lock screen text - NOTE: Not available on ICS yet!
    • Run "fix permissions" (for FC issues)
    • Adjust the capacitive button brightness
    • Edit some features in build.prop
    • Manage the hosts file
    • Fix a damaged /misc partition

To access viperControl:

OC Daemon

The OC daemon was created by rmk40 of Team Unity. I take no credit for the daemon, only the script I made to make it easier to work with. More information can be found here, but I will sum it up and explain the script below...

This daemon, written in C, completely eliminates the need for SetCPU and other CPU controlling apps. The daemon handles min/max frequencies for both screen on and screen off but it has one more trick up its sleeve... It can change the governor INSTANTLY depending on the screen state. I have tested it and I can tell you that it really does work instantly and I think this is going to be a great battery saver! I have set default values within the ROM as follows: Screen Off - conservative @ 192min/432max and Screen On - ondemand @ 192min/1188max. Using these settings, I get NO lag. Battery life is amazing, over 19+ hours for me with moderate usage!

If you decide that you want to change the settings of the daemon, here is how you do so...

• Enter "1" (without the quotes) and you will see all of your options

All the settings can be edited from there. If you want to verify that this is working, you can run these commands from adb shell:

Current CPU frequency
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Current CPU governor
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Current min CPU Freq (you will see this change when the screen state changes)
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Current max CPU Freq (you will see this change when the screen state changes)
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Here are a few things that you need to know about the script...

• You MUST flash a custom kernel to overclock! The ROM includeds the stock kernel that is not capable of overclocking. Well why do you call it the "OC Daemon" then?? Because I didn't make it and that's what they called it AND the daemon is capable of controlling OC. Makes sense to me. If you want to overclock (after flashing a custom kernel, of course), run the script and change the MAX awake to whatever OC you would like.
    • The phone will boot up and detect if you're using SetCPU or other CPU apps. If you are, the daemon will be DISABLED automatically. If you aren't, the daemon will be enabled.