Post your UnderVolting and OverClocking results!

Search This thread

Arthedes

Jan 9, 2011
Brummen
Currently looking into the process of OC'ing and UV'ing. It would be cool to see what results you guys have got and what difference in battery life you perceive!

Im currently at stock ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389901287348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389901287348.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,304
Last edited:

zz_marcello

Oct 25, 2011
Currently looking into the process of OC'ing and UV'ing. It would be cool to see what results you guys have got and what difference in battery life you perceive!

Im currently at stock ?

I have the same PVS CPU than you with 0,9 Volt at 384Mhz and 1,05 Volt at 1,5GHz.
I could undervolt 50mV accross the board; undervolt the lowest frequenz (384Mhz) to 0,73 Volt and overclock the CPU to 2,0Ghz max.

Im running Cyanogenmod with Glitch Kernel and use Trickster Mod for OC and CPU UV.
With Glitch Kernel I can even undervolt the GPU 100mv accross the board with an increased max GPU of 450Mhz.
(More is possible, but I nearly dont play games with my tablet)

With this I get about 8 hours of SOD time with Surfing.
When I'm on a long business trip and use my N7 for (Kindle and pdf) offline book reading I reach something like 13-15hours SOD time.

Arthedes

Jan 9, 2011
Brummen
I have the same PVS CPU than you with 0,9 Volt at 384Mhz and 1,05 Volt at 1,5GHz.
I could undervolt 50mV accross the board; undervolt the lowest frequenz (384Mhz) to 0,73 Volt and overclock the CPU to 2,0Ghz max.

Im running Cyanogenmod with Glitch Kernel and use Trickster Mod for OC and CPU UV.
With Glitch Kernel I can even undervolt the GPU 100mv accross the board with an increased max GPU of 450Mhz.

When I'm on a long business trip and use my N7 for (Kindle and pdf) offline book reading I reach something like 13-15hours SOD time.

I know a bit how i can get to know my cpu's pvs stepping, but since you have the same as me, what is it exactly? And is it considered a fast, normal or slow binned cpu?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
mine are way lower and im pretty stable, no crashes but i dont' play games

im on ElementalX oc to 1.728ghz

at 38400 >>> im at 77500

at 702000..... 85000

at 102600.......90000

at172800 .... 102500

tuhemaze.jpg

Last edited:

Arthedes

Jan 9, 2011
Brummen
yup, run that for like 30mins on classic test, should be fine if it doesn't crash

I did that, but with voltages that are stable there, antutu crashes. And with voltages that are antutu stable, my device crashes randomly. I can run the scaling test with very low voltages across the board for more than an hour and it doesnt crash.
edahevag.jpg

With other apps it just crashes.

This is an experimental undervolt that rarely crashes when switching apps:
bytybeze.jpg

I dont know which clock speed and its corresponsing voltage is unstable because the clock speed ranges from 384 to 1512 mhz and i dont have a crash log.

So I added 12.5 mV across the board, and this hasnt crashed so far!
pybape8e.jpg

But, being the perfectionist that I am, I want the Ultimate Undervolt. Is there a way to see what frequency you are running when it crashes?

Last edited:

bejot

Nov 6, 2010
Tuttlingen
I achieve stable 700mV at 1026MHz...

30mins stress run on "stability test" app and on stress run on "setCpu"

At 1134MHz the tablet freezes for the first time when I switch to 7875mV

Isn't it weird?? :eek:

Arthedes

Jan 9, 2011
Brummen
I dont think the stability test app is working. I could undervolt 1512 mhz to 900mV and have it run stable, but everyday use stable is with 987.5mV

MaddMaxx636

Apr 19, 2012
The wasteland

Will you post your voltage table?
What are the Kernel setup settings that you choose and have you ever OCed to 2.2 and still get good undervolting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Im currently at stock ?