[i9305] Every rom below 4.4= Camera fails (speaker noise)

Search This thread

ycon

Apr 2, 2013
Hi,

Aside from the stock Samsung rom- every other rom built on 4.3 results in a broken camera.

I've tried several (rXtreme, Aroma etc) and in every one, the same thing happens. When I open up the camera, I can hear a faint sound/clicking from the camera area/speaker. Then it says "Camera Failed"

Dumb thing to say, but it's like the rom makes it think the speaker is the camera, and is sending power to it to launch the camera.

On stock Samsung roms (ie 4.3), and any roms on 4.4+, the camera DOES work. However, I need HDMI support so I cannot use 4.4.

I've tried all the solutions suggested eg SlimISP's files, different mods/roms/fixes etc. It's been happening for 6 months- so I had to switch back to Apple :(

Please give me any ideas here- I really want to get back on Android

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Probably some files left over from previous firmware, do a full wipe before flashing.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Do this:

1. Flash stock, open camera, test that it works.
2. Use your favorite file browser with root access (Samsung MyFiles or whatitsname doesn't work) and go to to /data/cfw
3. Find .bin file there, that's your Camera FirmWare, copy it to a safe location.
4. Flash favorite 4.3 mod with favorite 4.3 custom kernel with SE permessive. (Agni or Boeffla, or use stock, but be aware that certain themes make WiFi not work)
5. Open camera, confirm it doesn't work.
6. Copy .bin file into /data/cfw, re-open camera.

I know you tested SlimISP files, but this method works ALWAYS for me, at least on AMCHA 5.x and TGP :)

Also, the alternative is to flash custom rom with stock kernel. Open camera to generate SlimISP bin. Flash custom kernel :)

Last edited:

ycon

Apr 2, 2013
Do this:
2. Use your favorite file browser with root access (Samsung MyFiles or whatitsname doesn't work) and go to to /data/cfw

Thanks so much for the reply.

So, I've written the stock rom onto my device (un-rooted). Problem is, because of Knox, I cannot root the stock software. I've tried removing Knox and a few methods, but I just can't root it. I'm using Odin 3.09. Am I missing something?