VERIZON HTC One on 4.4.2 s-on/locked unlocked via HTCdev

Search This thread

gonzalezb

Aug 13, 2012
Bentonville
Okay i thought i would share this with you so last night i flashed latest RUU then i s-on not thinking tried running exploit it said it worked them booted into bootloader and locked it then i realized crap it never s-off i was still s-on so i was stuck in a big pickle. So i call HTC they said a dev expert will call your around 12 AM your time. So i get the call and i answered what's your problem so i explained then he has me get a unlock token from my device and email it to him. He goes okay so your locked s-on right i said yes on Verizon he told me he felt bad and was gonna help me out. So he sends me a new firmware and tells me to flash it so i flashed it in RUU mode and it past verification and installed firmware he changed my cid to super cid and had me unlock the phone via HTC Dev now i will not say who he is as i promised i do not want him losing his job but thank you very much very great full. I then asked why you do it that way can't you just get my unlock code on VZW_001 cid he said not without raising to much suspicion. If your wondering why he changed my cid.

Please comment if you've experienced similar situations.

michaelbsheldon

Jan 12, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Google Pixel 6a
Okay i thought i would share this with you so last night i flashed latest RUU then i s-on not thinking tried running exploit it said it worked them booted into bootloader and locked it then i realized crap it never s-off i was still s-on so i was stuck in a big pickle. So i call HTC they said a dev expert will call your around 12 AM your time. So i get the call and i answered what's your problem so i explained then he has me get a unlock token from my device and email it to him. He goes okay so your locked s-on right i said yes on Verizon he told me he felt bad and was gonna help me out. So he sends me a new firmware and tells me to flash it so i flashed it in RUU mode and it past verification and installed firmware he changed my cid to super cid and had me unlock the phone via HTC Dev now i will not say who he is as i promised i do not want him losing his job but thank you very much very great full. I then asked why you do it that way can't you just get my unlock code on VZW_001 cid he said not without raising to much suspicion. If your wondering why he changed my cid.

Please comment if you've experienced similar situations.

That was an amazing thing you just described. By any chance, would you mind
uploading that RUU they so kindly sent to a dropbox or other that is easy for you
so's we can fiddle with it? Thx..

[1up]

Aug 30, 2011
What version of sense are you talking about 5.5 or 6.0
You're saying someone from HTCdev site unlocked your Verizon phone? How did you install firmware on a s-on bootloader locked device. Do we have a working bootstrapper i am not aware of?

I know congress just did something making phone unlocking legal again. Maybe that's why he helped you out.

Last edited:

gonzalezb

Aug 13, 2012
Bentonville
No I'm talking about bootloader not carrier I am now running cynaogenmod 11 and I was in sense 6 4.4.2 kitkat. They said the firmware was able to flash because he gave it HTC verification keys.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

gonzalezb

Aug 13, 2012
Bentonville
The RUU has since been deleted sorry I deleted it. As he instructed I do not want it leading back to him sorry he was a nice guy.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1408548263152.jpg
    1408548263152.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 358

Top Liked Posts