How to get Gear to work with CyanogenMod CM11

Search This thread

xe0r

Thanks a lot bro, been looking for something like this for months. Haven't tried it out but I will tomorrow, just scanned through the text yet...
One question: I flashed cm11 before the tizen update, do I have to update my gear to tizen first to achieve the goal?

neonymbus

Feb 25, 2012
Worthington
Thanks a lot bro, been looking for something like this for months. Haven't tried it out but I will tomorrow, just scanned through the text yet...
One question: I flashed cm11 before the tizen update, do I have to update my gear to tizen first to achieve the goal?

Not sure, I have a gear 2 neo. I think you can keep it the same if you use one of the earlier versions of the gear manager software. V1.6 or lower are for the original gear.

Sent from my WO3 SlimKat powered Note II

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
So when trying to connect. It keeps coming up "host manager has stopped" so close to being working!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

neonymbus

Feb 25, 2012
Worthington
btw best to start with an older version of gear manager (eg 1.6 or 1.7), then once setup you can try newer ones and see how you go

Hey I pretty much have this gear manager problem and installation process figured out for AOSP roms so I wanna start a thread in the development section with instructions on how to do it. I want to credit you and link to your download page and want to make sure that is OK with you first.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Hey I pretty much have this gear manager problem and installation process figured out for AOSP roms so I wanna start a thread in the development section with instructions on how to do it. I want to credit you and link to your download page and want to make sure that is OK with you first.

I would recommend putting it in the general section. Unless you actually developed an app or rom to perform your task.

Brendo

All good

Reactions: neonymbus

Ultraman666

Apr 8, 2010
Kansas
Xiaomi Mi Mix
OnePlus 9 Pro
I got this to work on my OnePlus One before reading this thread with my galaxy gear 1. The only issue I have is when I get a phone call once I answer it, the call automatically transfer to the watch, very weird cant find a setting that will stop this from happening.

Nicely done it took me a couple days to finally figure out how to make it work.

neonymbus

Feb 25, 2012
Worthington
I got this to work on my OnePlus One before reading this thread with my galaxy gear 1. The only issue I have is when I get a phone call once I answer it, the call automatically transfer to the watch, very weird cant find a setting that will stop this from happening.

I think because AOSP roms see it as a Bluetooth headset and not a watch.

Reactions: Ultraman666

xe0r

Ok so here is the best i can do. First of all the credit for this goes to Brendo, without him i wouldve had no chance of getting it to work.

Here is the link to all the files you will need.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e7h23e12rzesi/Gear_Manager

1st step... download gearmanagerstub.apk
2nd step.... find the version of gear manager you would like to use. I got it to work on v. 2.0.14040401, but im sure it will work on most of the versions.
3rd step... download that version of gear manager, then open the folder that says extended. inside of that will be two more folders (gear2apks and preinstallapk), open both those folders and download all the contents of them.
NOW YOU HAVE ALL THE FILES YOU WILL NEED

IMPORTANT!!!!!

TURN DATA AND WIFI OFF BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE NEXT STEPS OR IT WILL FORCE YOU TO DO AN UPDATE TO THE GEAR MANAGER APP.

4th step... use a root file explorer to copy gearmanagerstub.apk to the /system/apps folder of the root directory. I used rom toolbox root explorer app to accomplish this.
5th step... install the gear manager, then pair just bluetooth.
6th step... install all files that were downloaded from the preinstallapk folder
7th step... reboot
8th step.... install all files that were downloaded from gear2apk folder
9th step... open gear manager and do a normal setup of your device

YOU SHOULD BE DONE!!!

Now i may sound like a total moron for telling you to do it this way, maybe its too many steps, maybe i just did it wrong. who knows??? it worked for me though. good luck to you and I hope this helped. Make sure to thank Brendo, this was all his stuff and he helped me a ton when no one else would.

Hi,
i got it working with your steps mentioned above. I've got a further question, do you receive ANY kind of notification? As far as I am in to it right now calling is working but not the notification thing.

neonymbus

Feb 25, 2012
Worthington
Hi,
i got it working with your steps mentioned above. I've got a further question, do you receive ANY kind of notification? As far as I am in to it right now calling is working but not the notification thing.

Are they enabled in gear manager? Also the stock messaging app notifications won't work for some reason. I use hangouts for messaging and that seems to work just fine.

omari antony

Apr 13, 2014
Ok so here is the best i can do. First of all the credit for this goes to Brendo, without him i wouldve had no chance of getting it to work.

2nd step.... find the version of gear manager you would like to use. I got it to work on v. 2.0.14040401, but im sure it will work on most of the versions.
3rd step... download that version of gear manager, then open the folder that says extended. inside of that will be two more folders (gear2apks and preinstallapk), open both those folders and download all the contents of them.

IMPORTANT!!!!!

TURN DATA AND WIFI OFF BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE NEXT STEPS OR IT WILL FORCE YOU TO DO AN UPDATE TO THE GEAR MANAGER APP.

4th step... use a root file explorer to copy gearmanagerstub.apk to the /system/apps folder of the root directory. I used rom toolbox root explorer app to accomplish this.
6th step... install all files that were downloaded from the preinstallapk folder
7th step... reboot

YOU SHOULD BE DONE!!!

Now i may sound like a total moron for telling you to do it this way, maybe its too many steps, maybe i just did it wrong. who knows??? it worked for me though. good luck to you and I hope this helped. Make sure to thank Brendo, this was all his stuff and he helped me a ton when no one else would.

Wont work stuck connecting

3picgam3r

Jun 8, 2015
Melbourne
Samsung account not working

Samsung account force closes when I try to log in.
I am using a Galaxy S4 i9506 with Cyanogenmod 12.1 installed.

Dec 20, 2015
Hey, is anyone still here? I got my gear s2classic, I've Note 3 rooted with cyanogen 13 installed. I've installed some tweaked gear manager app and the gear manager app works, but then it asks me to install the gear s plugin apk. I'm not able to install that apk, playstore says that my device is not compatible, and if i try to installed it from external source, then installation fails, please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @neonymbus Legend!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N910S

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e7h23e12rzesi/Gear_Manager

IMPORTANT!!!!!

7th step... reboot

YOU SHOULD BE DONE!!!

Hi there, I just flashed Cynogenmod CM11 on my Galaxy S4. Like to somehow get my Galaxy Gear working again. Any ideas please?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Have a read of the threads around here. You need to install gearmanagerstub apk into system/apps on your phone

Check my gear manager thread for a bit more info. Will only be limited in what it can do as it is not touchwiz based
    What thread are you speaking of? I have been desperately trying to get my gear 2 neo to work with my note 2 on an aosp based rom since I bought it, but I can't get anyone to help me and I can't find any useful threads.

This is gear 1 forum; however I understand it should work the same
    What should work, can you link the thread you are talking about. I really wanna make this work and will be forever in debt to you. I can't stand touchwhiz and I am seriously considering going back to AOSP and saying f$&# this watch.
    You can try something like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723862 (gear 2 though)
    Otherwise any [insert non-Samsung phone] thread will help (eg. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723862)
    Check my gear manager thread also

I think because AOSP roms see it as a Bluetooth headset and not a watch.