[SOLVED] D838 Not Getting 4G/LTE

Search This thread

sinoako123

Jul 13, 2010
Manila
My D838 is currently on D83820c-TWN
I am getting 4G/LTE on other phones when I move my simcard.
I have tried different ROMS but still cannot get 4G/LTE
Tried to edit my buildprop before and it caused a bootloop.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

See Post #20 for my solution

Screenshots:
When I try to open the service menu:
jpu683.jpg

When I try LTE only in RAT Selection:
r7ku3s.jpg

In Preferred network mode settings:
10pdlpd.png

Last edited:

letschky

Do you know how to make 4G/LTE work?

I install the D83820c with Lg Tool 2014 with CSE Flash (Factory Reset),and after install works Lte without any Problem.
I am in Austria (Vienna),my Network Operator is HG Three

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-12-13-07-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-12-13-07-28.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 844
  • Screenshot_2015-02-12-13-08-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-12-13-08-01.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 834

sinoako123

Jul 13, 2010
Manila
I tried my sim on a note 3 and i am getting 4G but no luck on my D838.
Currently on D83820c TWN

Any suggestions?

Franco203

Sep 25, 2014
I went back to kitkat D838 10b with LG FlashTool CSE flash, because of the poor battery life of lollipop, but now there is no LTE option in network settings!?! I tried to enable it in the hidden menu, but no success. What else can I try?

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Free mobile app

bjscott55

Jul 30, 2014
Derbyshire
I went back to kitkat D838 10b with LG FlashTool CSE flash, because of the poor battery life of lollipop, but now there is no LTE option in network settings!?! I tried to enable it in the hidden menu, but no success. What else can I try?

don't know if this will help but when I first got 4G I had problems this fixes it for me
Also what happened in hidden menu when you try to change to global/LTE it changes back to what is was on before?

try doing a full reboot when phone turns on put 5457#*838# in to access hidden menu scroll down to network mode and select global + LTE (if that works) next scroll to the top where LTE MULTI BAND test mode is, select it and choose LTE BAND ALL and select yes (this works best for me)

After go into settings and in the network tab select tethering & networks then mobile networks and change GSM / WCDMA preferred to GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto if still not getting 4G (I don't all the time in this settings just every known and again) try changing it to LTE / CDMA this forces 4G on but you do loose signal so if you or someone trys to ring it won't work although I always get 4G when doing this.

I've attached some pictures for reference.

Sometimes LTE / CDMA sticks so I have to reboot and change setting again in hidden menu.

I hope any of this helps if you give more details ill try and help :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-27-00-37-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-00-37-08.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 3,636
  • Screenshot_2015-02-27-00-37-31.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-00-37-31.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 3,505
  • Screenshot_2015-02-27-00-39-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-00-39-32.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 3,540
Last edited:
Reactions: Franco203

Franco203

Sep 25, 2014
Thanks for your help mate, I just flashed the SEA version of D83810b over the original firmware for my device, which was 6WT/CHUNGHWA TELECOM_16G(TAIWAN), and now I have 4G option in network settings. However, I can't get LTE to work on my GP2. I will try my sim card on another phone and see if the issue depends on it.

Last edited:

sinoako123

Jul 13, 2010
Manila
I have kept trying to get my 4G/LTE to work but still can't. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Franco203

Sep 25, 2014
I have kept trying to get my 4G/LTE to work but still can't. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Most probably your operator uses the 800mhz frequency where you live, which our device doesn't support, I have the same issue here. My sim card works perfectly on 4g with an xperia z2, it's just the lack of that frequency in D838 that keeps you from getting LTE.

Last edited:

sinoako123

Jul 13, 2010
Manila
Most probably your operator uses the 800mhz frequency where you live, which our device doesn't support, I have the same issue here. My sim card works perfectly on 4g with an xperia z2, it's just the lack of that frequency in D838 that keeps you from getting LTE.

I got 4G when I first got my D838, with the same operator and simcard. When I updated via OTA, I lost 4G and can't get it back.
I tried my simcard on a note 3 and it got 4G.
I know the D838 is compatible and there is just maybe something wrong with the software after the OTA update that messed up the 4G.

Franco203

Sep 25, 2014
I got 4G when I first got my D838, with the same operator and simcard. When I updated via OTA, I lost 4G and can't get it back.
I tried my simcard on a note 3 and it got 4G.
I know the D838 is compatible and there is just maybe something wrong with the software after the OTA update that messed up the 4G.

Ok now you made me curious. Actually I haven't tried the 4G when I first got the phone, I just flashed the lollipop firmware and I've never been able to connect with lte, so I thought it depends on the lack of the 800mhz frequency.
If you say you got 4G right out of the box, I would like to know what keeps it from getting it back too.

Last edited:

enkhtwshn

Nov 21, 2012
Ulaanbaatar
Ok now you made me curious. Actually I haven't tried the 4G when I first got the phone, I just flashed the lollipop firmware and I've never been able to connect with lte, so I thought it depends on the lack of the 800mhz frequency.
If you say you got 4G right out of the box, I would like to know what keeps it from getting it back too.

Maybe you can get the frequency based where you are and what operator you use. Technically the 6th stage optimizes everything for the region
http://xdaforums.com/general/general/remove-korean-symbols-lg-dailer-t3054350

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally!

After a lot of trials, I finally was able to get 4G on my D838!

This is what I have done:
    1. Go to hidden menu > 3845#*838#
    2. Select "WCDMA-Only"
    3. Select "Modem Settings"
    4. Select "Network Mode"
    5. Select "Automatic"
    6. Yay 4G

I hope this could also help others that faced this problem.

2. Select "WCDMA-Only"
    4. Select "Network Mode"
    5. Select "Automatic"
    6. Yay 4G

I face the same problem after downgrade too, it work! Great! Thanks!!! :good:

don't know if this will help but when I first got 4G I had problems this fixes it for me
    Also what happened in hidden menu when you try to change to global/LTE it changes back to what is was on before?

try doing a full reboot when phone turns on put 5457#*838# in to access hidden menu scroll down to network mode and select global + LTE (if that works) next scroll to the top where LTE MULTI BAND test mode is, select it and choose LTE BAND ALL and select yes (this works best for me)

After go into settings and in the network tab select tethering & networks then mobile networks and change GSM / WCDMA preferred to GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto if still not getting 4G (I don't all the time in this settings just every known and again) try changing it to LTE / CDMA this forces 4G on but you do loose signal so if you or someone trys to ring it won't work although I always get 4G when doing this.

I've attached some pictures for reference.

Sometimes LTE / CDMA sticks so I have to reboot and change setting again in hidden menu.

I hope any of this helps if you give more details ill try and help :)

2. Select "WCDMA-Only"
    4. Select "Network Mode"
    5. Select "Automatic"
    6. Yay 4G

You are the man!!! It worked for me too, thank you :)

Hi,
    Anybody know how select lte band?

I use above method to access service menu & can reach to lte band selection menu

But the problem is i can mark the band icon but cant save.

Pls help.

Thanks.

You don't have to enter lte band selection menu, but WCDMA-only menu like the above guide says. Just follow it step by step and you'll get lte working in a matter of seconds.