[Q] Help please possible brick :(

Search This thread

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Hey guys so i rooted my phone using odin and was attempting to put on cyanogen mod 10.1 when it failed and i restored to factory settings. then i thought ill restore to my previously saved backup and it stayed at the samsung screen that lights up behind the white lettters. now i tried going into recovery mode and restoring to factory and also tried clear cache and delvik cache. only problem is it still got stuck at the samsung screen so i then tried to reroot it on obin but since there was a binary count of 1 it didnt work what can i dooo

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
binary count wouldn't stop anything from flashing. after flashing a stock rom with odin again, make sure to go directory into recovery to wipe data/factory reset and then boot up the phone.

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
I got it working then I tried to put cyanogen 10.1 on and it crashed again idno what the deal is I put it on sd card and loaded it with root manager :(

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
Don't use rom manager to flash a rom. Odin back to stock (Samsung devices are special that way) or use one of the root injected firmwares in one of the stickies in the development section. Once you get set up, download goo manager from the play store (you must be rooted to use it). From the menu of goo manager install recovery script, you will then have twrp recovery installed. Then follow the instructions in the op for the rom you want to flash. If this seems foreign to you then Odin back to stock and stay there. If you want to continue to modify your device read and read some more. Tony stark has a thread with all the information you need. Just Google search.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Rom lol sorry was flustered. That all does sound beyond me I thought it would be easier to install a rom

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
Rom lol sorry was flustered. That all does sound beyond me I thought it would be easier to install a rom

It is easy once you do it once. First time can be overwhelming. I'm a visual learner so I found a YouTube video for the phone and followed it step by step. Now I'm almost flashing them in my sleep. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
So I know I'm rooted right now on my s3 so do I have to go back to stock and reboot it before I flash a rom? Or can I just do it like in the video now and flash it from recovery mode

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
so it bricked trying to install the cyanogen mod again i just want to go back to stock unrooted lol how can i do this? can only get into download and recovery mode and my backup wont work for some reason

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
alright so unbricked it and dont ever wanna root again haha ill wait for samsung to release updates from here on out lol

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
so it bricked trying to install the cyanogen mod again i just want to go back to stock unrooted lol how can i do this? can only get into download and recovery mode and my backup wont work for some reason

It's only a soft brick. As long as you can get into download mode you can use Odin to return to stock.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
I really do want to run 4.2.2 but don't want to brick it again is there a really cool proof guide I could read

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Good guide* was watching TV typig what I was hearing woops

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
Goto dev section stickies and read the rooting guide. Then follow directions step by step in the room you want op's.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Well the first time i rooted it and followed the instructions it bricked and kept bricking lol so idno how to do it now

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
Well the first time i rooted it and followed the instructions it bricked and kept bricking lol so idno how to do it now

If it was bricked you don't get a chance to keep bricking it. Stay with stock until you feel more comfortable with the process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

tsoby

Feb 4, 2013
Yeah I have read a lot I feel like I did it right that's the frustrating part