MISSING LINK AROMA BOOT ANIMATION/THEME INSTALLER ***beta v1*** TESTERS NEEDED

Search This thread

stangdriver44

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
0dyy.gif
(This Is one of the "Animated Pulldown Bar" options)
download here or from below​

This is a Port from my Original Creation for the Sprint S2
This has had great such great success with the Original and the 2 other phones I've ported it to that since so many of my fellow S2 user have moved on to this phone I figured I would share here too. That being said, I don't have this device and testers with patience will be needed for us to have a working mod. so here a quick run down of what you will get;

Aroma installer; to theme it the way you want it.
With this mod you have to ability mod certain aspects of your Theme;
It will have 11 Base System Themes that work the Framework-res, SystemUI, SecSettings and SecMMS with these options to mix and match as you please. My Original has over 500 different choices with countless different combinations to make your phone really "yours"!
STARTING WITH
*Dailpad Backgrounds
*Dailpad Number Colors
*Signalbars,
*Data Connection Icons,
*Data Arrows,
*Animated Pulldown Bar (thanks again TD)
*Volume and Brightness Sliders,
*Progress Spinners
Android Backgrounds.
*Toggle Icons
*WIFI icons
*Custom Transition Animations
*USB Connected Icons
*Fully Customizable option to theme Frameworks with options like
*Divider Lines
*Transparency Mod/Popup Menu and Dialog Window Mods
*Touchwiz Lockscreen Clock
*Battery Icon mods
*Startup Boot Animations
*Shutdown "qmg" Animations

*******************PRESS "CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT" FROM THE BELOW TO PREVIEW THE MISSING LINK CHOICES***************

***Dailer Backgrounds***
7yv4.jpg

***Signal Bars, Data Arrows and Icons and Android Backgrounds***
jmha.jpg

***Battery Icon Mod***
q39l.jpg

Burnt Piece Sign
2xf.gif

Crossbones
nj0a.gif

Deadmau5
9l0.gif

Droid Crossbones
pc.gif

Herb
5tb.gif

Incaved Square
uubs.gif

Linex
nvp.gif

Oh Really
wh.gif

Red Skull
zrz.gif

Superman
rrc.gif

***Animated Pulldown Bar (Blue Shown)***
tdx.gif

Chrome Wheel
ds8s.gif

Google Project
q1v.gif

Google Edition v2
gb0r.gif

Missing Link v2
0dyy.gif

***FRAMEWORK THEMES***
Black Magnum
6t8a.png

Google
py21.jpg

Green
6dhp.png

Orange
okre.png

Mellow Yellow
kqow.png

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS*****

Apple Smash
ext.gif

Blue Flame
nxf9.gif

Blue Plasma
j1j.gif

Droid Scan
34y.gif

Not Now
80m.gif

Shattered
xkn.gif

Samsung
sx2.gif

Motorcycles Collide
tk36.gif

Illusions
y1w.gif

Neutron
ggnh.gif

Hulk Smash
qaj.gif

D.N.A.
cir.gif

Blue D.N.A.
sqb.gif

Blown Away
hha6.gif

Blue Helix
pbf.gif

Omega
e3z.gif

Bugs;

***With the new "Aroma Complex" script it freezes sometimes if you make a choice then go back.I am working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.If this happens you will have to do a battery pull or hold power + volume up until it reboots recovery

*****[URL="http://d-h.st/iYi"]DOWNLOAD BETA v2 Here*****[/URL]

***Installation instructions,
***MAKE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!

Then simply flash in recovery and pick the mods you want, reboot and enjoy... no need for cache wipes***

***changelog***
v1_beta
*initial port from the S2 my Original Creation

First off I have to thank all the hard working creative mind here on XDA! I especially have to thank Tdunham for his contribution to keeping the E4GT alive and kicking! Without his AIO mods my mod wouldn't exist! I am very new to this so go easy on me. I will be adding and updating this. Now to what this mod offers;
It is meant to work with TD's AIO mods, or without if you choose. I absolutely love the control his mod, along with the 3minit mod by Gharrington, give you to customize your Theme. The one thing to that always looked incomplete to me was the 4G icon always stayed the same? That's where The Missing Link comes in. Then I just got a little carried away, with more, much more to come

Again thanks to,
Tdunham for continuous knowledge and endless mods
amarullz for creating the incredible Aroma Installer
Morphology Society for tons of icons and images
and the creative minds here on XDA
and of course my awesome girl "B" for putting up with me and my phone
Can't forget my mom, if not for her not only would I cease to exist, but I would not have this awesome phone to use and explore my creative mind! Thanks mom

Last edited:

Genesius01

Jul 5, 2013
Sweet!!

<Rubbing hands together, cackling in anticipation... >

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Sweet!!

Thank u for the work you did on the first version and I look forward to your input on this next one! Unfortunately I'm having some issues with dev-host right now. I have uploaded the file 3 times and it will finish 100% then dissappear, no where to be found. Going to keep trying.

Reactions: nblivin

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Beta v2 read for play!!

Now remember this is still in Beta for the S3. Make a NANDROID BACKUP just in case!!! I did get a brief 5 minute test with a friends S3. It was running an older version Android 4.1.1 I believe. I only was able to get one flash in and had about 90% success rate with the options I picked. The main miss for me was still the dialer options? It could be the older OS or I'm just missing something? But I am pleased with most of that initial test. The boot Animations do work, but in the transfer somewhere I mixed up the files. So the boot animations that play are not really named correctly, minor issue. I think that some of the signalbars may or may not play. I picked Teal and it worked fine. Let me know people and let's make this thing BIG

THANK YOU in advance for all the people willing to test and give me feedback

Reactions: nblivin

Genesius01

Jul 5, 2013
VERY nice, Stang! Nothing on the dialer, as you said. No changes on the pulldown bar, toggles, battery, or signal icons. If the Blur transition animation does anything I'm missing it - could just be subtle and I'm expecting something flashy.

Is your friend's S3 on TW? Maybe AOSP doesn't like some of these changes.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Also, nothing on settings and pulldown backgrounds.

mholloway

Dec 9, 2011
new jersey
Stangdriver44, I used your mod on the s2, and I will definitely down load later today, nice to see you working the s3:good:

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
VERY nice, Stang! Nothing on the dialer, as you said. No changes on the pulldown bar, toggles, battery, or signal icons. If the Blur transition animation does anything I'm missing it - could just be subtle and I'm expecting something flashy.

Is your friend's S3 on TW? Maybe AOSP doesn't like some of these changes.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Also, nothing on settings and pulldown backgrounds.

OK, so for now the best results are definitely going to be with Touch Wiz roms. I had a few more minutes with my buddies phone running older JB 4.1.2 and I had great success! Acid Blue Dialer BG worked for what I could see. The signal bar Teal and FtW worked fine. All the data arrows and icons worked. Base themes and pretty much anything frameworks worked. Sliders, toggles, and lock screen mods didn't stuck. Boot and shut down ani's both worked. What is it that people are running, TW, that needs to be compatible? Is pretty much the majority running 4.3 now? I am trying to get this going for you guys. Haven't heard to much from anyone accept genesius01,Thank you BTW. Tell me what Roms you guys are running or better yet, supply me with systemUI.apk, SecPhone.apk, SecContact, SecSettings, SecMMS, and framework-res.apk's and I can make a "Flashback" zip file for tthat fresh start of just in case something doesn't go right?

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
No interest here?

It doesn't take much to keep me going, but it does take something? I know that this isn't 100%, but am sure it is 90% there! Just a little feedback and this adds literally hundreds of new theme options to this community.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0dyy.gif
    (This Is one of the "Animated Pulldown Bar" options)
    download here or from below​

This is a Port from my Original Creation for the Sprint S2
    This has had great such great success with the Original and the 2 other phones I've ported it to that since so many of my fellow S2 user have moved on to this phone I figured I would share here too. That being said, I don't have this device and testers with patience will be needed for us to have a working mod. so here a quick run down of what you will get;

Aroma installer; to theme it the way you want it.
    With this mod you have to ability mod certain aspects of your Theme;
    It will have 11 Base System Themes that work the Framework-res, SystemUI, SecSettings and SecMMS with these options to mix and match as you please. My Original has over 500 different choices with countless different combinations to make your phone really "yours"!
    STARTING WITH
    *Dailpad Backgrounds
    *Dailpad Number Colors
    *Signalbars,
    *Data Connection Icons,
    *Data Arrows,
    *Animated Pulldown Bar (thanks again TD)
    *Volume and Brightness Sliders,
    *Progress Spinners
    Android Backgrounds.
    *Toggle Icons
    *WIFI icons
    *Custom Transition Animations
    *USB Connected Icons
    *Fully Customizable option to theme Frameworks with options like
    *Divider Lines
    *Transparency Mod/Popup Menu and Dialog Window Mods
    *Touchwiz Lockscreen Clock
    *Battery Icon mods
    *Startup Boot Animations
    *Shutdown "qmg" Animations

*******************PRESS "CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT" FROM THE BELOW TO PREVIEW THE MISSING LINK CHOICES***************

***Dailer Backgrounds***
    7yv4.jpg

***Signal Bars, Data Arrows and Icons and Android Backgrounds***
    jmha.jpg

***Battery Icon Mod***
    q39l.jpg

Burnt Piece Sign
    2xf.gif

Crossbones
    nj0a.gif

Deadmau5
    9l0.gif

Droid Crossbones
    pc.gif

Herb
    5tb.gif

Incaved Square
    uubs.gif

Linex
    nvp.gif

Oh Really
    wh.gif

Red Skull
    zrz.gif

Superman
    rrc.gif

***Animated Pulldown Bar (Blue Shown)***
    tdx.gif

Chrome Wheel
    ds8s.gif

Google Project
    q1v.gif

Google Edition v2
    gb0r.gif

Missing Link v2
    0dyy.gif

***FRAMEWORK THEMES***
    Black Magnum
    6t8a.png

Google
    py21.jpg

Green
    6dhp.png

Orange
    okre.png

Mellow Yellow
    kqow.png

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS*****

Apple Smash
    ext.gif

Blue Flame
    nxf9.gif

Blue Plasma
    j1j.gif

Droid Scan
    34y.gif

Not Now
    80m.gif

Shattered
    xkn.gif

Samsung
    sx2.gif

Motorcycles Collide
    tk36.gif

Illusions
    y1w.gif

Neutron
    ggnh.gif

Hulk Smash
    qaj.gif

D.N.A.
    cir.gif

Blue D.N.A.
    sqb.gif

Blown Away
    hha6.gif

Blue Helix
    pbf.gif

Omega
    e3z.gif

Bugs;

***With the new "Aroma Complex" script it freezes sometimes if you make a choice then go back.I am working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.If this happens you will have to do a battery pull or hold power + volume up until it reboots recovery

*****[URL="http://d-h.st/iYi"]DOWNLOAD BETA v2 Here*****[/URL]

***Installation instructions,
    ***MAKE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!

Then simply flash in recovery and pick the mods you want, reboot and enjoy... no need for cache wipes***

***changelog***
    v1_beta
    *initial port from the S2 my Original Creation

First off I have to thank all the hard working creative mind here on XDA! I especially have to thank Tdunham for his contribution to keeping the E4GT alive and kicking! Without his AIO mods my mod wouldn't exist! I am very new to this so go easy on me. I will be adding and updating this. Now to what this mod offers;
    It is meant to work with TD's AIO mods, or without if you choose. I absolutely love the control his mod, along with the 3minit mod by Gharrington, give you to customize your Theme. The one thing to that always looked incomplete to me was the 4G icon always stayed the same? That's where The Missing Link comes in. Then I just got a little carried away, with more, much more to come

Again thanks to,
    Tdunham for continuous knowledge and endless mods
    amarullz for creating the incredible Aroma Installer
    Morphology Society for tons of icons and images
    and the creative minds here on XDA
    and of course my awesome girl "B" for putting up with me and my phone
    Can't forget my mom, if not for her not only would I cease to exist, but I would not have this awesome phone to use and explore my creative mind! Thanks mom
    Switched my phone to Wicked Sensations ROM which is TW, Android 4.3. Getting great results from Missing Link, everything I've tried so far has worked. :D

Sweet!!

Thank u for the work you did on the first version and I look forward to your input on this next one! Unfortunately I'm having some issues with dev-host right now. I have uploaded the file 3 times and it will finish 100% then dissappear, no where to be found. Going to keep trying.
    Beta v2 read for play!!

Now remember this is still in Beta for the S3. Make a NANDROID BACKUP just in case!!! I did get a brief 5 minute test with a friends S3. It was running an older version Android 4.1.1 I believe. I only was able to get one flash in and had about 90% success rate with the options I picked. The main miss for me was still the dialer options? It could be the older OS or I'm just missing something? But I am pleased with most of that initial test. The boot Animations do work, but in the transfer somewhere I mixed up the files. So the boot animations that play are not really named correctly, minor issue. I think that some of the signalbars may or may not play. I picked Teal and it worked fine. Let me know people and let's make this thing BIG

THANK YOU in advance for all the people willing to test and give me feedback