Help a dev out.. I am looking for an E4GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

caspersfi

Apr 12, 2011
West Virginia
swamp goblin said:
This is by far the most generous, polite, and overall amazing community. The fact that not one post has been directed at flaming me, or to start a fight with another user, just blows me away. You guys are awesome, I'm glad to join you on the E4GT. :)

Hey eff you man!! Also to the last guy that posted eff you too!!
LOL

Seriously tho your right. Of course we do have the occasional flaming here and there but this definitely is one of the better community's I've been around and thats awesome

Now go eff yourself
LMAO.

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
Hey eff you man!! Also to the last guy that posted eff you too!!
LOL

Seriously tho your right. Of course we do have the occasional flaming here and there but this definitely is one of the better community's I've been around and thats awesome

Now go eff yourself
LMAO.

Hahah eff off bro

Seriously, thank you again tkemack :)

Last night I transferred all of the paypal funds to my bank account, because I assumed to find a e4gt locally.. I was wrong, and now have to wait 3 days for the transfer to go through so I can re-transfer it to paypal and then pay Drilus. I hate paypal haha

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Haha, love this community. Try getting this in the 3d forums. :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Febby

Febby

May 19, 2010
Haha, love this community. Try getting this in the 3d forums. :p

That forum is sooooo way out of hand... The Evo 3D it's self lived down a nasty road... Not much going for that device... I switched down to an Evo 4G from it.. now going this device till the later LTE devices that will support more LTE bands come out :p

tkemack

Jan 17, 2011
Houston
Can't wait to see your work swamp goblin, I'm excited for the future development of our phone!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I am very proud of this community. It really has come a long way since the early LOS days. Much respect to everyone who helped make this happen so fast for S.G.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: RCOVA

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
This is by far one of, if not the greatest and most caring community's I've been a part of on Xda. I have been going through some hard times and ended up having to sell the Epic Touch I had and this amazing community ended up pulling together to help me get another. I'm so greatful to everyone here. U definitely chose not only a great device but an unbelievable group of people to be a part of. Really glad to see u here and am really still blown away at how this community rallies together to give a helping hand. Well done everyone and can't wait to see what u come up with. Would love to see sense 4.0 run on this phone.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Which sense is going to be ported? The new ics one?

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
This is by far one of, if not the greatest and most caring community's I've been a part of on Xda. I have been going through some hard times and ended up having to sell the Epic Touch I had and this amazing community ended up pulling together to help me get another. I'm so greatful to everyone here. U definitely chose not only a great device but an unbelievable group of people to be a part of. Really glad to see u here and am really still blown away at how this community rallies together to give a helping hand. Well done everyone and can't wait to see what u come up with. Would love to see sense 4.0 run on this phone.

We're appreciated here. Even themers. It makes us feel good. :)

Reactions: musclehead84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I now have an E4GT, I got it last night :) I've spent the entire day trying to make sure I know how to not brick this phone, flashing seems so much harder than on the nexus..

I'm going to chit chat with some devs, sense 4.0 development starts as soon as I learn how to flash cm9 without bricking ;)
    Wow, I have no clue why I havent noticed this thread, I missed about 3 pages of questions and other stuff.. Im slackin everywhere haha. About the features such as friendstream, we wont know until we have something booting. I am pretty sure it will be included and working, but we will have to see. Thanks venum, i'll definitely be asking for assistance later on, I have a feeling that all of us e4gt devs are gonna have to get together at some point and just hammer out a really awesome fully functional port (sense 4.0 ;) )

I have been doing some work here and there, sometime this week the kernel should be ready hopefully (I suck at repacking so I had asked one of the other e4gt devs to help me out)

Sense 4 is my main priority, a few of my old nexus s friends actually got rosie working in my sense 4 port, so there is a huge chance it will work for our phones too. I just need a working kernel, the rest I can fly through.

There is kind of a progress thread somewhere in the general section, I guess we can bump that one and I can provide more updates.

I have about 14 days left of school, and I'm drowning in multi-paragraph research papers and random last minute projects. I hate waiting so long, but I just cant dedicate a ton of time at the end of my Junior year of high school. I'm sorry its taking so long, summer is when I can dedicate my nights after work to porting sense :eek:
    Settled the deal, payed the man, and he sent it out for shipping this morning... 2 day shipping, so guessing it will go out monday, I should have the phone by tuesday/wednesday. :)
    I say help this dude... He can help the current progress of sense speed up!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Let me start this thread by clearly stating;

I am not asking to be handed a device!

There. Remember this, as I would hate to get flamed for it.

If you are willing to donate a device/towards one, that would be awesome. I am also looking for trades/selling.

A little background information.. I am a dev from the Nexus S 4G, and I do ports of all kinds. I mostly focus on sense, as I have ported Sense 2.1, 3.5, and 4.0. If you dont believe me, the threads can be found in the forum and also under my user profile. I have also ported other ui's such as t-mobile mytouch, motoblur (droid x, droid razr), dianxin and miui.

Nexus S 4G Sense 4.0 Port

Nexus S 4G Sense 2.1 Port

List of threads I have started. All my ports are here.

Many users have requested a sense 4.0 port to the e4gt, which I would love to help the current devs with.

What I am asking from the community, is any help with obtaining an epic 4g touch to help with porting of my roms and future ones. I will be straightforward; I do not have the kind of money to go out and buy one brand new. I am 17, and my upgrade is not due until next november. I am not directly asking for donations, or anything like that. I am reaching out to the community in case there is someone, somewhere, that has an extra e4gt they would be willing to sell or trade, or donate for development :)

Like I said earlier, I am not begging for your money or for someone to give me a free phone. Yes, I want one. Not just for my profit, I want to provide ports and mods that are currently on my Nexus S 4G. So in the end you all profit.

This is getting to be a lengthy post for something like this, so I will close it. I am not saying I am the best developer ever and you guys need me.. I am just saying that I would like to come to this community and help out, so I am asking for any help or info in obtaining an epic 4g touch :)

Thanks,

SG

-= Current Donation Status =-

As some users have donated (Thanks to all, I seriously appreciate it), I figured it would be appropriate to keep up-to-date logs of the donations, including photos of current paypal balance for proof and any info on phone purchase. I am not trying to scam, nor do I plan on using these donations for anything other than an E4GT. The funds will stay in my paypal account until purchase of the device. For some reason, paypal decides to take a part of the donation, so pictures of statements will be a little lower than totals shown here. I dont understand it, maybe someone can help me figure it out. Hope this clears things up.

-= Donaters/Totals =-

newalker91 - $100

TheHighlightGuy - $20

tkemack - $40

jfcooley - $10

BrandoKC - $25

Epix4G - $20

D1rk - $20

tkemack - another $15

TOTAL - $250 ........3/31/12

page0001.jpg

E4GT cost anywhere from $250-340 on craigslist in my area (MN), and as far as I know same prices on ebay. Any info on low prices is greatly appreciated.