Kernels

Search This thread

mattamous

Jan 4, 2011
Boise, ID
Just recently rooted but gonna leave it stock for now. What's the best kernel for battery life and speed that jives with the stock rom?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
Is it a safe kernel to run with the stock setup??

Yes sir. I've done it many times. It is just about the best kernel for the ThunderBolt in my opinion. Might I suggest you run in battsaver mode. Underclocked and undervolted, great performance too.

To do that after you install the kernel, just download terminal emulator. Open it up, type su and give it permissions, then type speedtweak.sh and choose option 5. All done!

Reactions: keai4le

mattamous

Jan 4, 2011
Boise, ID
Awesome! Thank you!

Tried running the speedtweak but it said I needed busy box. Downloaded busybox installer and the newest version. Now it says speedtweak.sh isn't found...

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
Now that you have busybox installed, reflash the kernel and see the script is there then

mattamous

Jan 4, 2011
Boise, ID
Tried that and same result. Once busybox is installed in the xbin, it says speedtweak.sh not found.

mattamous

Jan 4, 2011
Boise, ID
Re-downloaded busybox but an older version and it worked perfectly! Thanks for the help!! Waiting to see how battery saver holds out.

TJBay

Apr 29, 2012
York, SC
??

Have a thunderbolt and the 2.6.35.14-imoseyon-5.1 kernel which has allowed me to overclock the processor but for some reason it is not undervolting to save battery life. Any help would be apprecited

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it a safe kernel to run with the stock setup??

Yes sir. I've done it many times. It is just about the best kernel for the ThunderBolt in my opinion. Might I suggest you run in battsaver mode. Underclocked and undervolted, great performance too.

To do that after you install the kernel, just download terminal emulator. Open it up, type su and give it permissions, then type speedtweak.sh and choose option 5. All done!