Best site to buy Skyrocket Unlock Code?

Search This thread

JasontheKep

Apr 10, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
Just curious

Just out of curiosity if you live in the US, Why would you want to unlock it? There is only one other GSM player here. And If you are putting it on an AT&T MVNO it really wouldn't need unlocked.

bobbydsiu

Apr 2, 2009
Unlocked

Is this what the screen is supposed to look like when your phone is unlocked? I bought my skyrocket off Craigslist and thought Id check to see if maybe it was unlocked and when I put in the *# sequence this is what the output is. Does this mean I can pop a T-Mobile SIM into it and Im good to go? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-22-16-10-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-22-16-10-52.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 296

Bionic Beast

Apr 24, 2011
Don't use cellunlockednow.com

I just got this message after buying a code on cellunlockednow.com

"Hi,

Sorry I have been unable to generate the correct unlock code for your mobile. There are so many mobile out there sometimes the firmware on certain versions mean I can't generate the code.

I have sent your details over the accounts team who will send you a refund. Although normally quicker please allow up to 7 days for the refund to get back into your account.

Once again I apologise for not being able to get the correct code for your mobile. Your only option may be your network operator or a local shop who can unlock via a cable.

Thanks

Steve"

I guess ill have to buy it from another company, but make sure you don't use this one.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Is this what the screen is supposed to look like when your phone is unlocked? I bought my skyrocket off Craigslist and thought Id check to see if maybe it was unlocked and when I put in the *# sequence this is what the output is. Does this mean I can pop a T-Mobile SIM into it and Im good to go? Thanks

what number did you enter to get that screen?

jabski

May 9, 2006
I just got this message after buying a code on cellunlockednow.com

"Hi,

Sorry I have been unable to generate the correct unlock code for your mobile. There are so many mobile out there sometimes the firmware on certain versions mean I can't generate the code.

I have sent your details over the accounts team who will send you a refund. Although normally quicker please allow up to 7 days for the refund to get back into your account.

Once again I apologise for not being able to get the correct code for your mobile. Your only option may be your network operator or a local shop who can unlock via a cable.

Thanks

Steve"

I guess ill have to buy it from another company, but make sure you don't use this one.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

what number did you enter to get that screen?

*#7465625#

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Bionic Beast

Apr 24, 2011

Nope I believe yours isnt unlocked, my phone brought up the same screen and I tried to put in my T-Mobile SIM card and it asked me to enter network unlock code

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I unlocked my new Skyrocket tonight using above site. It only took 10 minutes. $25 using paypal. Only issue is the check to see if you have an unlocked phone, ie:
-----------------
How do I know my Phone's Network is Fully Unlocked?
Go to the dial screen on your phone, and press *#7465625#

A menu will be displayed that will resemble the following...

1. [ ] Network lock
2. [ ] Subset lock
3. [ ] SP lock

If everything if OFF, then your phone is fully unlocked.
-------------------

comes up with an error. They say that happens with some newer Samsung phones. I'd like to know if anyone has a better method. I'm pretty sure it's unlocked however as I did get the confirmation that it was unlocked when I put in the code they gave me after the phone asked for it when I put in a working Chinese SIM card and after locking I do see 2 bars out of 5 on the signal so I believe this tells me it's working.

Everyone of these on mine is [OFF] but i put in my tmobile sim and it asked me to enter netowrk unlock code, is there something im missing?

L

lmftmf

I just used this site on ebay and got my phone unlocked by myself in under 5 min for $17, no need to wait for these crappy companies to send me a code 24 hrs later. I HIGHLY recommend it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_1158wt_1396
So this actually worked?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I can verify this does work, this is a discount price get it while its hot.

cd579

Apr 24, 2012
Does it simply unlock the skyrocket, or does it give you the unlock code?

when you flash a new rom, does it wipe the unlock and have to be done again?

L

lmftmf

Does it simply unlock the skyrocket, or does it give you the unlock code?

when you flash a new rom, does it wipe the unlock and have to be done again?
You download a program and get a credit. It makes your network control key all zeros. Which unlocks your sim. And no the unlock is permanent and cannot be undone.

Bionic Beast

Apr 24, 2011
So this actually worked?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Yupp its a pretty awesome and unique process huh? AND its the cheapest out there that actually works, still waiting for my refund from cellunlocknow.com, pieces of garbage scammers lol. Anyways ya i really recommend the ebay program as long as you know how to follow directions

Send some "thanks" my way if you end up using the program and it worked out for you. That keeps everyone helpful juices flowing :D

Last edited:

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
I just used this site on ebay and got my phone unlocked by myself in under 5 min for $17, no need to wait for these crappy companies to send me a code 24 hrs later. I HIGHLY recommend it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_1158wt_1396

This is not a unlock CODE. This is a USB hack. It is discussed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1617999&highlight=unlock+codes.

The unlock code location is overwritten by zeros. It is not the same as the one you get for your specific IMEI. This one does not require your IMEI, so is a hack. You have to run a software program on YOUR computer to access your phone and do the replacement yourself. BUT YES IT WORKS. In the above post, there are site that do it for $15, so $17 is still too much :p

There are folks, however, who trying to find how this works and release it here for free. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Why not just post it in here to begin with?

This post has a lot of negative feeback about failed service and scamms. So I thought I would post a true tested experience. That got trolled and blew up........

In short, I used swiftunlocks.com. Email them at swiftunlocks@gmail.com and they will walk you thru it.

You put in a SIM from different provider, and when it asks for unlock code you just enter the unlock code provided.

It is $22, but is not a USB hack. But the choice is yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaggyskunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Those requesting skyrocket unlock, Please BACKUP ALL OF YOUR DATA AND APPS ON THE PHONE because on some firmware, the phone is doing a FULL FACTORY RESET after unlock by my method.

Thanks
    Here http://www.cellunlocker.net/ number 1 cellphone unlock site
    i know many guys here are scared of unlocking there skyrocket via usb method. but i promise you my method leaves your efs area intact, you can ask the guys who bought the service from me. very nice and easy, plus cheap :)

**Please try as much to be on a stock rom as I have some problems custom Roms
    katchman unlocked my skyrocket. it involved installing teamviewer and tunneling usb port over it. once connected - it was pretty fast.

you are welcome ;)
    So this actually worked?

Yupp its a pretty awesome and unique process huh? AND its the cheapest out there that actually works, still waiting for my refund from cellunlocknow.com, pieces of garbage scammers lol. Anyways ya i really recommend the ebay program as long as you know how to follow directions

Send some "thanks" my way if you end up using the program and it worked out for you. That keeps everyone helpful juices flowing :D