Stock Original Official I717r Rogers Note Firmware

Search This thread

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
Anyone got problem flashing this ROM into a AT&T i717 note? i always got error about the "SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT" file (showed in the Phone Download mode screen) with Odin 1.85 & 1.87
It flash OK with Odin 3.07, but the modem and bootloader still show i717 model not i717R.

I dont think our samsung phones allow flashing of other carriers firmware. I remember getting that same error when trying to flash Bell's SGS3 firmware to my Rogers SGS3.

Sent from my GS3

No internet connection/when type "null" appears

so I'm fairly new to all this so please bare with me. i accidentally flashed the at&t stock provided by da_g. i have a rogers so i found this thread and followed the instructions. it seems to be back to stock however whenever i type anything "null" appears wherever it is I'm trying to type. also i have no wireless internet connection. can anyone please help? should i try re downloading a file and re flashing? is so which one or all of them? thank you in advance.

steves10

Feb 24, 2013
Updated link?

Does anyone have a working link for the platform kernel?

The one listed below is broken as of 24-FEB-2013

3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST

Thanks,
-Steve

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Does anyone have a working link for the platform kernel?

The one listed below is broken as of 24-FEB-2013

3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST

Thanks,
-Steve

Get it from PutLocker or BayFiles. Download working fine from those.

bindudhindsa

Jan 3, 2012
Toronto
Thanks a lot for this wonderful post,I am able to download all the files., I have i727R rogers and i am trying to put it back to stock. But in this case its just vibrating every 3 seconds and i am not even able to go in download mode. even in download mode i just see the download mode screen and screen go blank and keeps on vibrating.

Please let me know if anybody got same problem ?

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
I Believe j tag would be an option. To go with.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Thanks a lot for this wonderful post,I am able to download all the files., I have i727R rogers and i am trying to put it back to stock. But in this case its just vibrating every 3 seconds and i am not even able to go in download mode. even in download mode i just see the download mode screen and screen go blank and keeps on vibrating.

Please let me know if anybody got same problem ?

Two things

First do you have a 727r or a 717r? if it is the first one then you are in the wrong section and trying to flash files for the wrong phone

Second it sounds like a stuck power button. If you have a Note this seems to be a fairly common problem and there are quite a few threads about it

noobschoolbus

Jul 5, 2009
I need somebody to please review what I am doing. I am trying to unbrick my friends phone. I usually dont run into these kinds of problems with my android phones, but this one is kicking my ass. He turned this phone into repair for his signal. The guy at the store did hell knows what with it. I know this much. The flash count is at 12. The Recovery is CWM 5.5.0.4. The phone is i717r but it's soft bricked on AT&T logo. So I figured this is the best thing to do: Bring a i717r onto it's stock rom and original settings. But I am stuck, please review what I am doing, maybe somebody more experienced can shed some light on this situation.

I installed the USB drivers from kies
I downloaded all 5 files
Opened Odin 1.85
Put the i717r in Download mode
Plug in USB (I have also tried several different usbs and usb ports) COM(X) appears, Samsung CDC is visible in my device manager
Plug in the PIT, then the ABOOT file in the bootloader, then the PLATFORM KERNEL in the PDA, then the PHONE SECURED in the Phone secotion, and then the CSC in the CSC section
I press Start in ODIN and it gives me this error

<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ABOOT_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> I717RUXLA2_phone_secure_Q1_ROGERS_REV_00_CL870799.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> SGH-I717R-CSC-RWCLA2.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/008> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

as well as the phone outputs this error in the download mode screen.
SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT

anybody who can help me out with this I would really appreciate and show my appreciation in any way possible.

11alliance11

Aug 12, 2012
Wrong Firmware

I need somebody to please review what I am doing. I am trying to unbrick my friends phone. I usually dont run into these kinds of problems with my android phones, but this one is kicking my ass. He turned this phone into repair for his signal. The guy at the store did hell knows what with it. I know this much. The flash count is at 12. The Recovery is CWM 5.5.0.4. The phone is i717r but it's soft bricked on AT&T logo. So I figured this is the best thing to do: Bring a i717r onto it's stock rom and original settings. But I am stuck, please review what I am doing, maybe somebody more experienced can shed some light on this situation.

I installed the USB drivers from kies
I downloaded all 5 files
Opened Odin 1.85
Put the i717r in Download mode
Plug in USB (I have also tried several different usbs and usb ports) COM(X) appears, Samsung CDC is visible in my device manager
Plug in the PIT, then the ABOOT file in the bootloader, then the PLATFORM KERNEL in the PDA, then the PHONE SECURED in the Phone secotion, and then the CSC in the CSC section
I press Start in ODIN and it gives me this error

as well as the phone outputs this error in the download mode screen.

anybody who can help me out with this I would really appreciate and show my appreciation in any way possible.

Wrong Firmware, you need AT&T. This is Rogers.
Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506330

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Did you try to flash it again and see if you got the same error? You never answered the first time; did you select re-partition in odin?

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
Did you try to flash it again and see if you got the same error? You never answered the first time; did you select re-partition in odin?

It looks like maybe he did... i can see at the bottom of his paste, it says "Re-Partition operation failed." Could it be that it needs it UN-checked?

Also - I don't know if this will help you, noobschoolbus, but in case you get desperate? I was in a bit of an opposite situation (AT&T branded phone, I flashed Rogers stock files by accident, thought I bricked it, and then sought help in this thread. It points to the post where I was able to get the phone up and running again (as stock, unrooted). If you need any of the files mentioned, holler at me, I probably still have them archived. ** Also make sure you're using the stock Samsung USB cable! Sounds silly.. but these phones are picky.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30849154&postcount=34 )

noobschoolbus

Jul 5, 2009
First of all thanks for all your help all of you.
Sorry i didn't see the question the first time. To answer the question yes its checked. When you input the pit file into odin 1.85 it gets checked itself automatically. When i leave it unckeck it gives another error i will post later once im at my computer.

LaZiODROID thank for your input and im gonna try this when i get home. Ill pm you if anything. Btw i actually seen your post when searching.

Thanks guys update in a bit.

psbhadola

Feb 15, 2013
Hello
I can't download the files from the link
Is there any chance you can upload it to mega.co.nz and keep those links.
There any size file can be uploaded even firmwares over 1GB
Thanks

jcarrier87

Feb 19, 2014
i717r loosing signal no matter what modem

decided to post to see if someone is up to provide a solution. ive been going from various rom/modems combos since few weeks... since hotfile is down cant get stock firmwares and everything i find seems corrupted. i m constantly loosing signal.

this is i 717r on rogers network

when working everything works great. but 5 min later nothing.

tried cm 10.1.3 witch worked better...

tried few roger modems... nothing seems to work...
maybe stock gb rogers firmware, csc, pit file, pda, phone, bootloader would work but i cant find them since the hotfile closure...

if u can help greatly appreciated... we could send files on teamviewer if you have them on your pc..

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

btw my phone was ressurected by jtag service down in texas... who did put back stock rogers wich worked fine until i decided to try CM and erased my sd card with the backup ... i was trying to do a real clean flash.... guess i messed up

decided to post to see if someone is up to provide a solution. ive been going from various rom/modems combos since few weeks... since hotfile is down cant get stock firmwares and everything i find seems corrupted. i m constantly loosing signal.

this is i 717r on rogers network

when working everything works great. but 5 min later nothing.

tried cm 10.1.3 witch worked better...

tried few roger modems... nothing seems to work...
maybe stock gb rogers firmware, csc, pit file, pda, phone, bootloader would work but i cant find them since the hotfile closure...

if u can help greatly appreciated... we could send files on teamviewer if you have them on your pc..

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
Sorry... couldn't find the Rogers stock in my archive but I did find the Bell Gingerbread. I have uploaded it to Mega here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!S9BEBBbY!fADV6PyPO0xqH_fHUivbO8eA6FW1TaWLXrqz855yTTo

It's been some time since I had the Galaxy Note so I don't know if this ROM is in the format you need (it has all the pieces in their own folders... not sure if this is the right way to flash). Also - I seem to recall that PIT's were carrier/handset-specific? I could be wrong... I wish I could be more helpful. Good luck jcarrier87.

I also have stock AT&T GB and stock AT&T ICS roms if anyone needs them. Just let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have read through various threads and couldnt find it but i know someone who was able to get me the original official Rogers i717r Firmware for people who want to revert Back to Stock, Unrooted, Like brand new.

PHONE: I717RUXLA2
    PHONE:I717RUXLA2
    CSC: I717RRWCLA2
    Build info jan 6 2012

This firmware is to be Used with ODIN only. This is test by me personally running Rogers i717r Samsung NOTE

1, RWC_signed_Q1_USA_1221.pit (3.89 KB) PIT FILE
    http://www.multiupload.nl/GUEL1DIAMF

2. ABOOT_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 (1.54 MB) BOOTLOADER FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/XSP4X7SU5O

3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST New Link http://www.multiupload.nl/U72CE005WL

4. I717RUXLA2_phone_secure_Q1_ROGERS_REV_00_CL870799.tar.md5 (26.09 MB) PHONE FILE
    http://www.multiupload.nl/0KV4DII0X1

5. SGH-I717R-CSC-RWCLA2.tar.md5 (9.19 MB) CSC FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/3EZMLXNY08

All the above files are in order. Just plug them in ODIN and put your phone in download mode by holding Volume down and power button. Get the Green Guy and your are set. press start.

Enjoy.
    Say Thanks if you like it. and If anyone need Samsung firmware i can help. PM me.
    No I don't have a link. It is just something you learn to do. Most that install custom ROMs do so to get away from these branded apps like Rogers Live. All build.prop files are different. Some give you different IDs and some define how and what your phone will do in certain situations.

What Rogers Live looks for I am uncertain. Possibly others will know better. And if you are not careful what you change in this file your phone may not boot or run without errors. The build.prop can be found on a rooted phone in the system folder. I use root explorer to edit mine but you may find build.prop editors on google play to do this for you. Below is part of the gingerbread build.prop from this thread. You will see all the instances of I717R in red.

ro.build.host=SEP-65
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=SGH-I717R
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=SGH-I717R
    ro.product.device=SGH-I717R
    ro.product.board=MSM8660_SURF
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.changelist=875155
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=CA
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=msm8660
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=SGH-I717R
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=SGH-I717R-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD 248 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I717R/SGH-I717R:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/248:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.changelist=875155
    ro.tether.denied=false
    ro.flash.resolution=1080
    # end build properties

Try changing your build.prop to show these instances as I717R instead of I717 and change region to CA and see how Rogers Live functions now. It may or may not work for you. Make sure you do some investigating on changing your build.prop first.
    Thanks! keeping these bookmarked for future reference
    Hi,

I have an ICS ROM, Can I downgrade to GB?

Also, How can I root the device after installing the stock rogers ROM? without flash the counter(if it possible) :)

Thank you very much.

i believe you can downgrade using the the rom givin and flash a different kernal that wont increase counter. quick search "flash counter reset roger" in this forum. and root wise there are alot of them. i personally havent found anything that i found stable on my phone. so i am staying away from it. until i do more research. sorry cant be help there.
    How can I get i717r firmware after flashing a custom ROM to get Rogers Live on my device. It says "device not compatible", and I see i717 instead of rogers model i717R